The 'New' Bridgestone Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting article on the THP Home Page today about the brand as a whole and it is accompanied by a detailed interview with CEO Dan Murphy. We strongly recommend reading the short story first and then watching the embedded video after.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/new-bridgestone-golf/

I really enjoyed the interview with Dan. He really comes across as genuine, relaxed and fun. Makes me an even bigger fan of Bridgestone!

Love seeing someone in that position who doesn't take himself too seriously. Happy they're seeing a strong 1st Q and hope they can carry over that momentum

That was such a great interview. His excitement behind the direction and the product line is clearly evident and it makes you believe him. Also, great question on weather. That was something I ways wondered about.

• Admin
That was such a great interview. His excitement behind the direction and the product line is clearly evident and it makes you believe him. Also, great question on weather. That was something I ways wondered about.

Thank you. Its a subject we discuss often, but I thought THPers would like to hear it from a company.

I've always enjoyed Bridgestone as a brand and I'm really happy to see Dan back.

Also - it's really interesting to hear about Tiger and Bryson coming to them instead of the other way around. A testament to the quality of their product.

I think it's great that they emphasis that fact they their tour staff uses the same ball that is available to the consumer.
Hopefully they'll built on it.

Enjoyed the story and the video. Dan seems like a very genuine and honest person. Enjoyed listening to his answers and opinions. Being a big Bridgestone ball fan through thick and thin, I will continue to root for their success and will keep talking up their products with anyone willing to listen.

• Admin
Enjoyed the story and the video. Dan seems like a very genuine and honest person. Enjoyed listening to his answers and opinions. Being a big Bridgestone ball fan through thick and thin, I will continue to root for their success and will keep talking up their products with anyone willing to listen.

Thank you Sox Fan. Dan has always been genuine with me and I have enjoyed our conversations. I think the story leading into the video sheds some good light on the changes in place.

I think I'm a big Murphy fan.

It is important to me that Bridgestone returns to what made them great, and the presence he brings gives me the sense that they are headed in the right direction.

read the article and watched the video. very cool stuff, and a MASSIVELY different feel than the videos posted last year.

i'll be curious to hear if he is sticking with the club model that was rolled out last year, or changing that as well.

I finally got a chance to read and watch this and loved seeing what seems like real joy back at Bridgestone. It seems like the culture is heading in the right direction and going back to focusing on ball fittings should be a big step too. I'm really looking forward to seeing what their strategy is with clubs in in the future.

Mind blown about retail being the same ball as on tour

read the article and watched the video. very cool stuff, and a MASSIVELY different feel than the videos posted last year.

i'll be curious to hear if he is sticking with the club model that was rolled out last year, or changing that as well.

Right now clubs are going to stay with the same fitting model.

Right now clubs are going to stay with the same fitting model.

i think that's smart. get the ball business back on track first and foremost.

The Conor Moore Tiger Commercial was really really good!

Great question on the weather JB! 30% of the country being under snow/ice for an extra month or so has to cut into sales!

The epsom salt trick is amazing. I decided to test all my balls and can report they are all very well made!

I like the simplicity and candor of: some decisions were made that I didn't agree with so I reversed them.

It's good to see Bstone getting its identity back.

Great work @JB clearly you and Dan have a solid and long relationship... I felt the love :)

3 things stood out for me.

#1 All the pros using the retail ball (Wow!!!) ... Would Bridgestone be the only your ball producer like that?

#2 I love the casualness of their approach, really feels like they believe in their product which is awesome.

#3 Are you seriously telling me that Tiger doesn't carry golf balls around with him? And why did he need 4 dozen?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Great work @JB clearly you and Dan have a solid and long relationship... I felt the love :)

3 things stood out for me.

#1 All the pros using the retail ball (Wow!!!) ... Would Bridgestone be the only your ball producer like that?

#2 I love the casualness of their approach, really feels like they believe in their product which is awesome.

#3 Are you seriously telling me that Tiger doesn't carry golf balls around with him? And why did he need 4 dozen?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Im not sure if they are the only company that has their players playing retail golf balls. Part of that obviously due to staff size.

As a Canadian I'm not Bridgestone's target audience, but I am a HUGE fan of their Tour B XS golf ball. Playing the exact same ball as Tiger is just cool Haha.

Great article and interview! As someone who been of fan of there products for quite a few years now it’s great to see Dan Murphy back and he seems to have the brand headed in the right direction. Also, that’s really cool that they can say that every one they have on staff is playing a retail version of the product.

THank you very much. It was a fun one to do.

You could definitely tell that you and Dan have had a good relationship for quite some time, made it even more fun to watch!

Anyone who makes JB feel “weird”
Is a winner in my book.

Great to hear the sell thru is strong.

Murph has brought a whole new energy back to the brand.

I liked the in the valley mingling with the people analogy as wel

Back