The Official 2009 NFL Thread

What do you think fan stands for? FANATIC!!!!

You want honesty. I have not heard them called Americas Team for almost 5 years and that was by Jones himself. So for me, it means nothing. I am not a Cowboy hater at all. I hate Jerry Jones. Big difference. But I have said it once and I will again. I do not think they got the score run up on because I do not believe that can happen in the NFL. IN fact it seems as though most of the Cowboy fans here agree. I do think they are overrated and that Romo is completely overrated. But a Cowboy hater is someone that looks forward to rooting against them each week and to be perfectly honest, I just dont care that much one way or another.

Fair enough. BUT that sure contradicts THIS:
But for people that are not Cowboy fans, watching Jerry Jones fail is wonderful! Thinking about all that left over skin from his nine hundred face lifts getting all wrinkled up and worked up over his losses year after year is wonderful. How bout them Cowboys!!!!!

A man like Jones that wants to ruin football by being 1 of only 3 owners that want to eliminate the salary cap, I could not be happier watching him lose with Romo year after year.

But anyway I respect your opinion. And dont take this personal its not aimed at you but I find it ridiculous when people get attacked for being a fan of their team. Literally. When your son cant go to school without being attacked its pathetic. And I hate fair weather bandwagon fans. Its pretty obvious who they are...Probably Saints fans..
Yes winning the five is an accomplishment for the franchise, but were any of the players on this team even born when they wn their last one? They are associated becuase they play for the same francise only. Same as the players on the Cubs are associated to that team that won 100+ years ago. That my friend is the truth and you can't argue that Cowboy fan!!
Ive been a fan since Danny White through Pelleur or however you spell it and will continue to be. Its my team no apologies.

But anyway I respect your opinion. And dont take this personal its not aimed at you but I find it ridiculous when people get attacked for being a fan of their team. Literally. When your son cant go to school without being attacked its pathetic.

As do I. I was not attacking you in anyway, and hope you do not feel that way. Opinions are just that...opinions. We all love the great game of football and have teams we love to root for.

As do I. I was not attacking you in anyway, and hope you do not feel that way. Opinions are just that...opinions. We all love the great game of football and have teams we love to root for.

Not at all just a difference of opinions, nothing wrong with that at all. And I agree, if it wasnt a great game we wouldnt have these moments and games to talk about.

Kevin,

I am not sure if your comment of being a fair bandwagon fan and launching personal attacks was aimed at me or not. I will respond and if I misread your post then ignore this. I in no way was attacking you prsonally and if I came acros that way I apologize. Like your loyalty to the Cowboys is my dislike of the team. And that goes back even further to pre-White. Starbauch, Pearson, Ed Jones, and the rest. As a life long NY Giant fan I will admit it does bring me pleasure when the Cowboys screw up or someone beats them miserably like what happend this past weekend. But I similarly enjoy it when it happens to the Eagles or Redskins also.
Again if you took my comments personally that was not my intention.

Kevin,

I am not sure if your comment of being a fair bandwagon fan and launching personal attacks was aimed at me or not. I will respond and if I misread your post then ignore this. I in no way was attacking you prsonally and if I came acros that way I apologize. Like your loyalty to the Cowboys is my dislike of the team. And that goes back even further to pre-White. Starbauch, Pearson, Ed Jones, and the rest. As a life long NY Giant fan I will admit it does bring me pleasure when the Cowboys screw up or someone beats them miserably like what happend this past weekend. But I similarly enjoy it when it happens to the Eagles or Redskins also.
Again if you took my comments personally that was not my intention.

No problems white! I understand that the Cowboys are easily hated and disliked. No reason to get into all that anymore but I understand. And I feel that we are all entitled to our opinions and it can heated and maybe even personal when its not meant to be that way. But this has led to some unfortunate harm and drama in my immediate family which just gets to me. And Ive let some of that out here with my frustrations and anger. Just dont understand how someones liking of a football team can lead to what happened. But thats my issue not yours or anyone elses here so my apologies if I got out of hand with anyone here. Heres to some great games coming up!

Kevin, we are football fans that are passionate about our teams. Which is fine like you said. I do hope that other situation gets resolved in the best way possible.

This is one of the greatest threads ever. Great viewpoints JB, WR, and Kevin! Now about those Jets.....:clapp:

You know thanks it is said running and defense win championships. That being said they are going against in my opinion the best qb in the game today and in my top 3 of my lifetime so the task is not easy. I think a better Superbowl would be Colts vs. Vikings, Peyton vs Farve but we shall see.

I think a better Superbowl would be Colts vs. Vikings, Peyton vs Farve but we shall see.

I think the NFL wants to see Jets and Saints. (Large TV market vs. feel good story) I for one would like to see that.

IMO, Saints vs Colts would be nice if it doesn't rain in Miami. Superb offenses showing off the air game. I'll quote Cris Carter, "Chuck it homie!"

I think the NFL wants to see Jets and Saints. (Large TV market vs. feel good story) I for one would like to see that.

IMO, Saints vs Colts would be nice if it doesn't rain in Miami. Superb offenses showing off the air game. I'll quote Cris Carter, "Chuck it homie!"

I dont think the Jets would ge the national pull that Peyton would... we'll see

I dont think the Jets would ge the national pull that Peyton would... we'll see

That is the beauty of the NFL. There really are no large and small markets. The Packers and the Chiefs, two very small market teams in comparison have the same fan base as just about every other team.

That is the beauty of the NFL. There really are no large and small markets. The Packers and the Chiefs, two very small market teams in comparison have the same fan base as just about every other team.

I thought that was just Esox and Smallie :D

You know thanks it is said running and defense win championships. That being said they are going against in my opinion the best qb in the game today and in my top 3 of my lifetime so the task is not easy. I think a better Superbowl would be Colts vs. Vikings, Peyton vs Farve but we shall see.

Aside from me being a Jets fan, I hope we don't get this match up. The orgie of the media fighting each other in order to suckle at the power teets of Lord Favre and King Manning will be disgusting.

Saints vs. Jets is my preference but I'll settle for Saints vs. Colts and root heavily for NO

Aside from me being a Jets fan, I hope we don't get this match up. The orgie of the media fighting each other in order to suckle at the power teets of Lord Favre and King Manning will be disgusting.

As opposed to the love fest we have seen with Mark Sanchez? NY media, are you kidding?

I mean 3 games into the season they were calling him Sanchize and were throwing rose petals at his feet as he walked.

I mean 3 games into the season they were calling him Sanchize and were throwing rose petals at his feet as he walked.

Yeah and then 5 games later they were calling him something else...

Spoiler
Dirty Sanchez

As opposed to the love fest we have seen with Mark Sanchez? NY media, are you kidding?

Sanchez is an average QB right now who is playing above average at best. Anyone who was calling him Sanchize earlier this year was completely bonkers. I don't think the media is having a love affair with Sanchez. If anything, it's all about Rex Ryan and the defense playing out of their minds. I think if you ask someone to play word association with the Jets right now they'll come up with 'Rex Ryan' or 'Defense' and Sanchez is a distant 3rd at best.

I don't think the media is having a love affair with Sanchez.

If the Jets make to the Super Bowl they will. They're so going to overplay the whole Joe Namath comparisons, going to Miami to win a Super Bowl for the Jets. You gotta love the NY media though... they'll run that storyline yet they know that it was their defense and running game that got them this far.

Sanchez is an average QB right now who is playing above average at best. Anyone who was calling him Sanchize earlier this year was completely bonkers. I don't think the media is having a love affair with Sanchez. If anything, it's all about Rex Ryan and the defense playing out of their minds. I think if you ask someone to play word association with the Jets right now they'll come up with 'Rex Ryan' or 'Defense' and Sanchez is a distant 3rd at best.

Its the NY media in general. 3 games into the season they called him "Sanchize" and followed him around like Lassie. THen 2 weeks later they turned on him and called him overrated. NY media does this for everything, every single year. Having that in the superbowl is far worse than a Manning & Favre superbowl IMHO

no matter what the matchup for the super bowl will be, it will be a media circus. that's just the way it is. personally, i'd love to see Favre and the Vike's get in. I'm not a fan of the Vike's by any means but it has been a joy to watch Favre play this year. He's just tough! To me, he brings a little old school qb'ing into the mix and it's just entertaining.

Its the NY media in general. 3 games into the season they called him "Sanchize" and followed him around like Lassie. THen 2 weeks later they turned on him and called him overrated. NY media does this for everything, every single year. Having that in the superbowl is far worse than a Manning & Favre superbowl IMHO

Absolutely right. The NY media desreves every bit of their reputation, right/wrong/indifferent. If you think they're bad with the Jets you should see the free passes and love given to all that's Yankees during the baseball season. Jets fans have suffered through so many bad QB's over the years that when they got Sanchez, everyone over-reacted to him especially when he started 3-0. Of course the GQ spread didn't help either. IF the Jets make it to the Super Bowl there's no doubt in my mind the media will be all over him with Joe Willy comparisons, etc but right now its all about the coach and the defense.

I know I really should leave this alone but what the hell here goes. Found this and thought it was interesting...

From espndallas.com: Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking was not happy with Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings after their 11-yard touchdown pass to Visanthe Shiancoe with less than 2 minutes padded an already comfortable lead.

Said Brooking: This is the NFL. That's not what this is about."

According to the Elias Stats Bureau, that touchdown isn't what the NFL is about. It was only the second TD pass in NFL postseason history by a team with a lead of at least 20 points and less than 2 minutes to play.

The other: An 11-yard strike from Sammy Baugh to Ted Lapka with 1:00 left in the game, capping the Washington Redskins' 28-0 victory against the New York Giants in the 1943 Eastern Division playoff at the Polo Grounds.

Brooking needs to shut up and realize he was beat like the old man that he is almost all day but I found the stat interesting. Since this is the NFL like weve pointed out before. Just sayin.. Now let the attacks begin!!!

Brooking ran his mouth all game long and made it a point to run over to the bench to run his mouth at favre and the coaching staff. Perhaps if he had played better and tackled rather than getting run over repeatedly, this would not be a problem. Its funny that you found it on ESPN Dallas, because every other ESPN show on TV yesterday was ripping him to shreds that I watched.

Mike Golic last night, "Grow up and stop someone". Coming from a former defensive player. Golic went on to say what has been said here, that this is not college kids and that in the NFL everybody gets paid.

Im not defending Brooking just found the stat interesting. And I agree that he needed to shut up and play ball. It was pointed out on Sirius NFL that Brooking was getting beat all year, usually he was running down plays instead of meeting them head on. Signs of getting beat a lot. But I still think he helped the D this year but its a position of concern and I think his time is up.

Chan Gailey to the Bills as the next HC. Not sure about that one.

Back