The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was at the range with my daughter. Get back and put on the Vikings-Lions. Ponder is out. Then they show a play where the Lions LB put him out. I didn't catch what happened. Late hit? Or did he crush the guy well away from the ball on an interception? Anybody know? Because if that was a late hit, the Lions are worse than I thought. Kind of bush league even if it was an INT. Ponder was just standing there for Christ's sake.

Kevin

WOndering the same dude.

It's those damn TEs. Welker doesn't scare me if Revis is on him. And Cromartie sacres me a bit no matter who he covers, haha. But what do u do with those TEs!?

I think a good enough athlete can cover Hernandez. Double Gronk whenever you can. Need a physical guy playing Gronk on the line..can't let him get a free release. Keep a safety over the top. That's why it's huge if you can single up Welker - allows the safety to help with the TE.

Falcons haven't been impressive this year but they sure are resilient. Battled back to take the lead against Carolina.

So I was at the range with my daughter. Get back and put on the Vikings-Lions. Ponder is out. Then they show a play where the Lions LB put him out. I didn't catch what happened. Late hit? Or did he crush the guy well away from the ball on an interception? Anybody know? Because if that was a late hit, the Lions are worse than I thought. Kind of bush league even if it was an INT. Ponder was just standing there for Christ's sake.

Kevin

Well away from the ball on an interception return.

My boy Pierre just had a great TD opportunity but did not get the call on an obvious pass interference call on him

Hmmmmmmmm, the Falcons decided to not roll over and play dead after all.

I think a good enough athlete can cover Hernandez. Double Gronk whenever you can. Need a physical guy playing Gronk on the line..can't let him get a free release. Keep a safety over the top. That's why it's huge if you can single up Welker - allows the safety to help with the TE.

Makes sense. But unlike you guys with a good safety (Palomalu) over the top. Leonard, Smith, and Pool just don't cut it. Our best chance is getting to Brady- which is difficult to say the least.

Makes sense. But unlike you guys with a good safety (Palomalu) over the top. Leonard, Smith, and Pool just don't cut it. Our best chance is getting to Brady- which is difficult to say the least.

Agreed. Or just try to outscore them. Defense is bad!

Agreed. Or just try to outscore them. Defense is bad!

I know. That is 1 bad defense. And we still didn't beat them this year! Oh well, maybe in the playoffs...

Looks like the Saints will hold on. They're going to be tough in the playoffs.

Should be a few good afternoon games.

Looks like the Saints will hold on. They're going to be tough in the playoffs.

Should be a few good afternoon games.

Saints are big. Pack should beat Raid. So jets and cincy tied for last playoff spot looks like.

Well, the Patriots are making it interesting. BTW, I'm a Steelers fan too. I lived there for a while. In fact, my son was born there. :)

LOL. I just heard a referee say that the QB "muffed the snap." on a fumble / challenged call. Kinda funny.

Saints are big. Pack should beat Raid. So jets and cincy tied for last playoff spot looks like.

Yeah, I think this would be a tough game if McFadden were playing. However, just don't think they can keep up without him. It'll still be a close game if they don't turn it over and can avoid taking their typical 353 penalties.

Bengals are in a battle with Houston right now. Far from a given for them. Both teams have a few tough games left.

Well, the Patriots are making it interesting. BTW, I'm a Steelers fan too. I lived there for a while. In fact, my son was born there. :)

That's what I like to hear! Where did you live when you were around here?

Yeah, I think this would be a tough game if McFadden were playing. However, just don't think they can keep up without him. It'll still be a close game if they don't turn it over and can avoid taking their typical 353 penalties.

Bengals are in a battle with Houston right now. Far from a given for them. Both teams have a few tough games left.

Yea- gonna be an exciting finish.

Jets up big and my girl just came home with leftover Pancetta and Ricotta pizza! Perfect!

Houston has a little over 2:00 to come up with a game winning drive. Not sure if Yates has it in him.

Sorry... I have been a member since April but really just started putting in some quality time here recently, so I don't know everyone that well. Are you a Jaguars fan?

Glad to have you.

I seem to recall JB saying they played a terribly easy schedule last year, and predicting they would struggle this year.

That has been born out.

Kevin

This. It was expected by quite a few this year.

Tom Brady and his offensive coordinator just got in a shouting match on the sidelines, the F-bombs were flying both ways. Reminds me of Marino later in his career, he would yell at everyone whenever things weren't going well.

Titans are storming back. Driving to take the lead against the Saints. Locker seems to be playing well.

Houston is driving. Tennessee is driving. Minnesota is making it interesting. The Skins are close to punching it in. The Falcons and Panthers are battling. Some really fantastic games!

In the South Hills. Peters Township to be exact. We really liked Pittsburgh. Great city. Great people. :)

Awesome! I'm in Bridgeville these days. Right on the other side of 79! Definitely an awesome city. I just couldn't see myself anywhere else.

Tom Brady and his offensive coordinator just got in a shouting match on the sidelines, the F-bombs were flying both ways. Reminds me of Marino later in his career, he would yell at everyone whenever things weren't going well.
Yeah, that was quite a disagreement. I saw a, "No sh_t!" from Brady, as if the coach said something quite obvious.

What a game! TJ Yates is a gamer. Texans just got a clear PI call. 12 seconds left..first and goal from the six. No timeouts!

Huge finish here. Changes the playoff race dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back