The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange board. I love the Denver Broncos and Elway is a great Golfer. Go Broncos

I am saying this with all due respect, I strongly dislike the Broncos. Just because of XXXII.

Montana played in the scab games.
I can't understand how anybody can respect him after that.

As for the GOAT, put me firmly in the Brady column.

Pretty easy actually, he just wanted to play football.

If you think crossing the picket line is worse than cheating, murdering, child molesting, etc., then we have very different values. To each their own though.

NERD NOTES: When Carson Palmer and Cam Newton face off next week, it'll mark the 1st time Heisman-winning QBs start against each other in NFLpostseason history.

Crazy that these Heisman winning QB's and other positions tend to fall off once they hit the bigs.

This might be one of those things that even if you feel that way, might be something to keep to yourself. Says a lot about you as a person.

It says how much I respect workers.
But maybe I didn't have to bring it up on a golf forum because golf tends to be a very conservative game.
I just bristled at the thought of a scab being more highly regarded than Brady.
This isn't the right place, I suppose, to share my socio-political leanings.

I am saying this with all due respect, I strongly dislike the Broncos. Just because of XXXII.

Can't fault you for that. Pack fans are passionate for sure. Was a great game. Looking forward to watching Manning get another in SB 50

It says how much I respect workers.
But maybe I didn't have to bring it up on a golf forum because golf tends to be a very conservative game.
I just bristled at the thought of a scab being more highly regarded than Brady.
This isn't the right place, I suppose, to share my socio-political leanings.

No I think putting him below such lovely humans as Aaron Hernandez, and Jared Fogal was where the wheels fell off for you to be honest.

Crazy that these Heisman winning QB's and other positions tend to fall off once they hit the bigs.

I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with those QB's going high in the draft and going to teams who are either rebuilding or are just bad on a regular basis. I also think that since they are heisman winners that they get followed more than other college players and we get a chance to see just how different the NFL is from college. There are a lot of very successful college players who try to make it in the NFL and just can't because the game is so different, we just don't hear about those players as much as we do former heisman winners.

No I think putting him below such lovely humans as Aaron Hernandez, and Jared Fogal was where the wheels fell off for you to be honest.

Actually, AS, I put The scab below Hernandez and EQUAL with the Subway kid.

Hernandez is just a matter of bangers capping bangers. The NFL is an uneasy confluence of bangers from the hood and redneck crackers. With the exception of a few athletes who actually got degrees while in college, we don't look to the NFL for role models.

Crossing his co-workers' picket line, especially when he wasn't living hand to mouth, identified Montana as a truly cretinous person by my values. We each have our own values, and I firmly stand by mine. Murder is a case by case issue. Scabbing, especially when not under financial duress, is absolute evil in every case.

I'm quite sure we've had enough of this back and forth crap. I'm sure there is a better line of discussions that can take place.

Actually, AS, I put The scab below Hernandez and EQUAL with the Subway kid.

Hernandez is just a matter of bangers capping bangers. The NFL is an uneasy confluence of bangers from the hood and redneck crackers. With the exception of a few athletes who actually got degrees while in college, we don't look to the NFL for role models.

Crossing his co-workers' picket line, especially when he wasn't living hand to mouth, identified Montana as a truly cretinous person by my values. We each have our own values, and I firmly stand by mine. Murder is a case by case issue. Scabbing, especially when not under financial duress, is absolute evil in every case.

So a person can't disagree with his co-workers point of view and decide he wants to work? And that's worse than killing another human being?

I'm quite sure we've had enough of this back and forth crap. I'm sure there is a better line of discussions that can take place.

How about how amazing this throw and catch was. I won't talk the overtime period. That was Larry's time and he was superhuman.

hoyladsaodsa.0.gif

So a person can't disagree with his co-workers point of view and decide he wants to work? And that's worse than killing another human being?

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you work in a union environment, you maintain solidarity or identify yourself as a person of no character or worth whatsoever.
Killing another human being is a different situation in every case.

That's what I believe.
Others may believe differently.

How about how amazing this throw and catch was. I won't talk the overtime period. That was Larry's time and he was superhuman.

hoyladsaodsa.0.gif

That whole end to the game in general was insane. The last couple minutes were clutch Rodgers.

That was a heck of a play, but in the end didn't really matter.

hoyladsaodsa.0.gif

Ha! You mean it's not normal to throw the ball 60 yards and have someone make a hell of a play catch it?

I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with those QB's going high in the draft and going to teams who are either rebuilding or are just bad on a regular basis. I also think that since they are heisman winners that they get followed more than other college players and we get a chance to see just how different the NFL is from college. There are a lot of very successful college players who try to make it in the NFL and just can't because the game is so different, we just don't hear about those players as much as we do former heisman winners.

Good point. I've always thought that if I would have been an NFL hopeful I'd like to be more 2nd round or real late 1st. It must be dreadful to be so good for so long and end up at the worst team of all time.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you work in a union environment, you maintain solidarity or identify yourself as a person of no character or worth whatsoever.
Killing another human being is a different situation in every case.

That's what I believe.
Others may believe differently.

woof. Seems like a very severe one or the other. Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

Good point. I've always thought that if I would have been an NFL hopeful I'd like to be more 2nd round or real late 1st. It must be dreadful to be so good for so long and end up at the worst team of all time.

Yea...sorry about that.

-The Browns.

Ha! You mean it's not normal to throw the ball 60 yards and have someone make a hell of a play catch it?

Oddly, it's not and I am happy a guy who can do it plays for a team my family owns a (really little) part of. If I was a scout at a pro day, I would make the recruit recreate that throw. Rolling left, plant and throw 60 yards to a target. I would even give the recruit a few chances to do it.

hoyladsaodsa.0.gif
Larry is one the good guys in the NFL and loved seeing him put his team on his back

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hoyladsaodsa.0.gif

I know one was Patrick Peterson, who was the other defender in on the play?

I bet he's a little more aggressive in that situation next time.

Oddly, it's not and I am happy a guy who can do it plays for a team my family owns a (really little) part of. If I was a scout at a pro day, I would make the recruit recreate that throw. Rolling left, plant and throw 60 yards to a target. I would even give the recruit a few chances to do it.

it's a nice ability to posses when you need it. Even if it is only every 20 games or so.

Although for some reason I feel like he uses it more than most

I was asleep, so I missed the OT, and just heard about the theatrics of the coin toss today.

I can't imagine how big of a story it would have been if it had come up tails the second time, and GB won it on the first possession. That would have been HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back