The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Caps big win Holtby shutout win 4 - 0

1st place in the Metro by 3 pts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
They would be fighting for a wildcard spot in the Atlantic

Bolts with a 6 point lead over Toronto after tonight. We welcome the Leafs to Amalie on Thursday night.

Rangers certainly didnt look recharged after the 5 days off. They go up 2-0, then FL ties it. Then go up 3-2 then FL ties it. Then go up 4-3 then FL ties it. I mean yea they scored 4 but still too many turnovers and dumb plays cost them and imo just looked somewhat flat. Hank had imo not a good game at all (very sub par for him) but then (strange) in the OT he was the great Hank we know and not for him would easily lost that OT. Honestly not for him this rebuilding team would be no where near where they are. He's entitled to have some bad ones. Not for him even this poorer performance game by him, he still won it for them in the end. Hank can be strange sometimes. When not busy he lets bad ones go by. Yet when busy he can be among if not one the best in the NHL.

So to the shootout and the Rangers take the win. I mean its great a road win which has been something they just cant do this year. And even better to get the win without playing thier best at all. But even though the win, I still hate the SO. I keep saying it but the SO has nothing at all to do with the freaking game. Its ridiculous. Fun in a way? yes. But just stupid when it comes to that deciding 2 points. It just not relevant. I really don't get it at all.

On another note since SO"s do exist. Zibanejad (the rangers #1 SO player) is so good at it.

Last edited:
Rangers certainly didnt look recharged after the 5 days off. They go up 2-0, then FL ties it. Then go up 3-2 then FL ties it. Then go up 4-3 then FL ties it. I mean yea they scored 4 but still too many turnovers and dumb plays cost them and imo just looked somewhat flat. Hank had imo not a good game at all (very sub par for him) but then (strange) in the OT he was the great Hank we know and not for him would easily lost that OT. Honestly not for him this rebuilding team would be no where near where they are. He's entitled to have some bad ones. Not for him even this poorer performance game by him, he still won it for them in the end. Hank can be strange sometimes. When not busy he lets bad ones go by. Yet when busy he can be among if not one the best in the NHL.

So to the shootout and the Rangers take the win. I mean its great a road win which has been something they just cant do this year. And even better to get the win without playing thier best at all. But even though the win, I still hate the SO. I keep saying it but the SO has nothing at all to do with the freaking game. Its ridiculous. Fun in a way? yes. But just stupid when it comes to that deciding 2 points. It just not relevant. I really don't get it at all.

On another note since SO"s do exist. Zibanejad (the rangers #1 SO player) is so good at it.
Ties suck, SOs avoid ties. I wouldn't care if they have a race between the two slowest players. Any way of settling the game on the ice is better than a tie.

Rangers come to Amalie on Monday.

Ties suck, SOs avoid ties. I wouldn't care if they have a race between the two slowest players. Any way of settling the game on the ice is better than a tie.

Rangers come to Amalie on Monday.

yea...rangers playing thier former selves on Monday..lol. First meeting of the year I think??

As for ties? I dont have an issue with ties. They are what they are. Id much prefer to see more OT time but I know thats not going to happen. Imo its better than letting something that has nothing at all to do with the game settle it. I even like 5/5 OT as well like we use to have. I mean even 4/4 is a good compromise imo. I admit 3/3 can be fun and exiting but even that is somewhat removed from the actual game. I feel hockey is exciting enough anyway even at 5/5 OT.

Fwiw the rangers have number of SO wins but Im still not a fan of it. Besides I think its unfair to the goalies as well. It can make them look and feel stupid imo. Even after a great played game by the goalie.

this line

Boeser 3g 1a
Pettersson 1g 4a
Leivo 0g 0a

This is 1 of the worst seasons of my life as a Kings fan. Not only does the team suck but our top prospect can't stay healthy for 1 week in the AHL.

This is 1 of the worst seasons of my life as a Kings fan. Not only does the team suck but our top prospect can't stay healthy for 1 week in the AHL.

And as Blackhawks, they’re so bad, I can’t watch them. No excuse for being this bad.

And as Blackhawks, they’re so bad, I can’t watch them. No excuse for being this bad.

they actually played all right yesterday, Price stole this one

Good news about Vilardi as he's fine and headed to World Jr.

Rangers vs former Rangers in Tampa.
Due to work I missed 1st entirely and only able to listen to 2nd on radio (what a depressing listen that was) now finally watching the 3rd. You cant take 6 penalties in just 2 periods against a team thats better than you.
Its 3-2 TB.

Edit...oh wow! a minute later and 5-2 now :(

Rangers vs former Rangers in Tampa.
Due to work I missed 1st entirely and only able to listen to 2nd on radio (what a depressing listen that was) now finally watching the 3rd. You cant take 6 penalties in just 2 periods against a team thats better than you.
Its 3-2 TB.

Edit...oh wow! a minute later and 5-2 now :(
Rangers looked good in the first when they weren't down a man, Bolts dominated the second. Rangers applied alot of pressure in the last few minutes before we put it away.

Hatty for Stammer as he eclipses 700 career points, 701 now.

Rangers looked good in the first when they weren't down a man, Bolts dominated the second. Rangers applied alot of pressure in the last few minutes before we put it away.

Hatty for Stammer as he eclipses 700 career points, 701 now.

you talking about Miller, Girardi, and McDonagh?

you talking about Miller, Girardi, and McDonagh?
Either them or Callahan, or Stralman cheering on from the box.

Fun stat, there are 5 players on the Rangers from the 2014 Ranger team.

There are 5 players on the Lightning from the 2014 Ranger team

Either them or Callahan, or Stralman cheering on from the box.

Fun stat, there are 5 players on the Rangers from the 2014 Ranger team.

There are 5 players on the Lightning from the 2014 Ranger team
soon there may be a couple/few more Rangers going places as they continue the tare down and rebuild.
Though honestly i sometimes wonder if they shouldnt have gone the other way. I mean why not take advantage of having a top goalie while he can still play at a high level? The team floats at/above 500 and I mean having kept or obtaining a couple new higher level proven players may be all it would have taken to make another run worthy while you still got the goalie. I mean it only was a couple/few years removed from being a top contender. I blame AV (old coach) for not doing better and imo except for the one year he got the finals they should have taken advantage of the top goalie and perhaps still could be. But I do get contracts and cap and all that financing stuff gets in the way so who am i to say accept for the fact of being a fan. Having a goalie as your highest paid and best player is both a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Also i think they (and its obvious) want to get/stay young and try to build something special that they can possibly hold onto for a few years. But over achieving a tad this year makes me feel if they gone a different route...well...who knows? That said its been hank who has been a big reason they are even at least floating around 500. I only hope he (and hes not young.lol) or whomever else steps up in goal over next couple/few years can get the job done assuming the team improves enough to make a legitimate run. But i actually feel for hank he didnt get a cup and would feel bad if they won one that hes not part of especially since sitting through this rebuild which is something he didnt have to do.

Last edited:
Caps starting off the night on the right skate! Bam Bam Bam! Connolly, Boyd, Ovi 3 - 0 vs Red Wings

Bam Bam Bam Bam! Ovi gets his 2nd of the night. 4 - 0 Caps in the 2nd

Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam! Oshie scores on the PP. Caps 5 - 0

10 different players have points so far in the game. Is Detroit that bad? They have already chased Bernier out of goal. 5 goals on 15 shots. Yikes!

Belfast advances to the semis!!!

Dude it’s a team I cheer for of course it’s yay.
But you also cheer for the caps, leafs and bruins, you obviously don't know what you are talking about

But you also cheer for the caps, leafs and bruins, you obviously don't know what you are talking about

But not the habs so I would say I’m very educated. :alien:

Caps win 6 - 2 vs Detroit. Ovi gets a hat trick. Solid performance

Varly looks like :poop: time for Grubauer. Down 3-0 to Deadmonton is awful.

Back