The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

If by July we can't gather to watch an event I'll be sad. And a growing number of Americans will be openly frustrated.

If by July we can't gather to watch an event I'll be sad. And a growing number of Americans will be openly frustrated.

You mean like full stadiums?

Any event. You assume the risk by going. Don't want to drag the Covid-19 debate into this thread though. It will be no different than going to a restaurant or bar in terms of exposure IMO.

Any event. You assume the risk by going. Don't want to drag the Covid-19 debate into this thread though. It will be no different than going to a restaurant or bar in terms of exposure IMO.

Was only asking if you wanted full stadiums/rinks. My assumption would be not about people choosing to go or not, but liability for the league and players association.

All events are canceled until the end of August in my province.

Yes fans are allowed. Print on ticket that in addition to possibly getting hit by a puck you might get the Corona. Players will want to play. Their exposure will be the same with or without fans.
If I can't go to games, oh well. I'll be ok not spending on playoff tickets this year. Just get your sh*t together and form a plan. Most likely looking at states that are moving forward instead of being scared sh*tless.

That sucks. Road games for you. But all teams should have to play on the road. No home ice for those arenas hosting games. Force all teams to deal with it equally. Unless they chose Denver of course.

Let’s be honest. All remaining games and playoffs will be in the states. We’re not going to get crap lol.

Let’s be honest. All remaining games and playoffs will be in the states. We’re not going to get crap lol.

I’m not confident we get a cup winner this year.

But sportsnet did show the 67 cup final.

At this point I'd be perfectly fine with just waiting until next year. However with how large tv rights contracts are, I'm sure the league will do everything possible to play as much as possible.

The one interesting thing will be 30-40 years from now when this season will be discussed.

Both Leaf and Oiler fans will talk about how dominant they were and if it wasn’t for the season stopping they would have won the cup but Bettman screwed them over because he doesn’t want a Canadian team to win.

At this point I'd be perfectly fine with just waiting until next year. However with how large tv rights contracts are, I'm sure the league will do everything possible to play as much as possible.

The one interesting thing will be 30-40 years from now when this season will be discussed.

Both Leaf and Oiler fans will talk about how dominant they were and if it wasn’t for the season stopping they would have won the cup but Bettman screwed them over because he doesn’t want a Canadian team to win.

Any real Leafs fan knows they're not winning haha. Too many vanity fans these days.

So is Canadian tv showing old black and white coverage of last time a Canadian team raised the cup? :greenalien:

So is Canadian tv showing old black and white coverage of last time a Canadian team raised the cup? :greenalien:

A bunch of old games and series. It’s awesome but we haven’t made it to the 93 Habs but I’ll keep you posted and let you know if it’s in colour. Lol

24 team playoff chatter is starting back up. What a lousy idea.

Got my email from the Hershey Bears, AHL season cancelled. I bought tickets through Ticketmaster and will be receiving a refund in the next 2 weeks.

TSN showed the 87 Canada cup and in my opinion that was the greatest team Canada but in between periods they had a panel of guys with Mike Keenan, Larry Murphy and Krutov. Hearing Krutovs experience was awesome and so many guys on that Russia team made it to the nhl even though they were past their prime.

I loved every second of the 3 games.

TSN showed the 87 Canada cup and in my opinion that was the greatest team Canada but in between periods they had a panel of guys with Mike Keenan, Larry Murphy and Krutov. Hearing Krutovs experience was awesome and so many guys on that Russia team made it to the nhl even though they were past their prime.

I keep teasing myself with buying this box set... I need to just make it happen.

I keep teasing myself with buying this box set... I need to just make it happen.

Yeah you need to make that happen. It is the best hockey I have watched.

I can remember Canada having on the power play: Gretzky. M. Lemieux (Claude was on the team also), Hawerchuk, Bourque and Coffey.

The Russian players who came here to play in the NHL later in the careers were still very good (Fetisov, Makarov, Larianov to name a few).

Tired of the re runs!
There is talk about re starting the season. Maybe having 24 teams start up and play 8 games. Then have 16 teams go in to playoffs.
they are looking at 8-9 cities that could house the teams. One quick thought is Vegas, they could take over 1 hotel for all the teams. But is there enough rinks.
Philadelphia would be viable. Plenty of hotels, 3 rinks within the city limits, Flyers practice facility (2 rinks) 25 min outside the city. And another 2 facilities 35 min outside the city. Let’s get this started. Best time if year is PLAYOFF HOCKEY!

Back