The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Sox DFA once prized prospect Blake Swihart. He was probably the least of their problems so far this year but I'm sure they have their reasons

Tribe back in first at 10-7 after another win vs seattle last night.

going for teh sweep tonight with Carrasco who hasnt pitched well this year

This season is going nowhere near as planned. In fact, it has been an absolute disaster so far...

JD Martinez with a solo shot to center to get things going for the Sox in the top of the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tribe wins 1-0 and sweeps the hot Mariners

Yankees a nice 2 game sweep of the Red Sox. Both teams are scuffling, but I don't understand what is going on in Boston. Unlike NY, they are pretty much healthy. Eovaldi pitched a really good game tonight and the bullpen gave it up.

Tribe wins 1-0 and sweeps the hot Mariners
They've been swept two series in a row now, I think the better term is the formerly hit mariners.

After 17 games last year the Rays were 4-13. They are 13-4, and closing in on their 14th win right now. The schedule has been fairly light outside of taking 3/4 from the Stros to open the season, so I'm not reading too much into the hot start, but it's certainly nice not to be digging yourself from a hole from day 1.

This is a crazy streak, heck some guys do it twice in a game.

In 13 major league seasons, Joey Votto has caught his fair share of pop ups as the Cincinnati Reds first baseman. Amazingly though, through the first 6,828 plate appearances of his MLB career, he had never once hit a pop up that was caught by his counterpart.

That all changed Wednesday afternoon during the Reds 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Pedro Báez got Votto to pop up to first baseman Cody Bellinger in foul territory. When Bellinger squeezed the ball for the final out in the eighth inning, one of MLB’s longest and most remarkable streaks was officially over.

It took Votto 1,592 games, 6,829 plate appearances and 27,918 pitches to be retired on what is a common play in MLB.

In 13 major league seasons, Joey Votto has caught his fair share of pop ups as the Cincinnati Reds first baseman. Amazingly though, through the first 6,828 plate appearances of his MLB career, he had never once hit a pop up that was caught by his counterpart.

That all changed Wednesday afternoon during the Reds 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Pedro Báez got Votto to pop up to first baseman Cody Bellinger in foul territory. When Bellinger squeezed the ball for the final out in the eighth inning, one of MLB’s longest and most remarkable streaks was officially over.

It took Votto 1,592 games, 6,829 plate appearances and 27,918 pitches to be retired on what is a common play in MLB.
That is a very odd streak, who was the first to notice?

I just meant at what point did someone say, "you know Joey has never popped out to first"?

oh yeah no kidding, I mean I know there are all kinds of stats and tracking but man thats kinda out there

Crazy.... I had to go look and see how many games he has played in the Oakland Coliseum (5 games / 24 PA) because I am positive if he played it more often he would have broken that a long time ago on some fluke pop up that would have been out of play in every other stadium.

Lindor is off of the DL and back with the tribe!

Judge lifted early for the Yankees after an awkward swing.

Christian Yelich with 2 more HRs tonight. Now has 13 and 31 RBI. He is amazing. Then they put him on in the 7th and Braun hits a 3 run HR, as he damn well should. ��

Guess the Red Sox just needed a Rays series to right the ship.

Oblique injury for judge...going on DL @ddec

Oblique injury for judge...going on DL @ddec

Going to be a while too from the sounds of it.

Yankees order tonight. These are the 5-9 spots...

74c93015fff1a3d3fb6a76b18756995a.jpg

Finally a Reds player laid down a bunt with the massive shift on

Back