The Official 2019 MLB Thread

The Red Sox bats are finally waking up. Seems to have coincided with Michael Chavis being called up from AAA. Maybe that was the shot in the arm they needed. Kid can rake!

@ddec now, Stanton has a different injury?

On IL cause of strained left bicep.

and now he had a cortisone shot in his shoulder?

@ddec now, Stanton has a different injury?

On IL cause of strained left bicep.

and now he had a cortisone shot in his shoulder?

Yup anf Frazier who has been great for them is now on IL with an ankle issue.

That's why they ended up taking Maybin from you....need bodies. Tyler Wade who came up as a SS and has been mostly an INF utility guy, has been starting in OF.

Yup anf Frazier who has been great for them is now on IL with an ankle issue.

That's why they ended up taking Maybin from you....need bodies. Tyler Wade who came up as a SS and has been mostly an INF utility guy, has been starting in OF.

Man I remember when he was an Uber prospect. Would love to know how much cash they got for him lol

Tribe Offense is BAD

Here are the numbers for this offense and where it ranks in the AL: .213 batting average (15th), 186 hits (15th), .636 OPS (15th), 35 doubles (15th), 102 runs (14th) and 24 homers (14th). As a quick reminder there are 15 teams in the AL.

The Rangers destroyed the Mariners in Seattle over the weekend, winning 15-1 on Sat and 14-1 Sunday; out hitting them 37 to 10. I can't remember the last time they put together 2 bigger back to back beatdowns.

Tribe Offense is BAD

Here are the numbers for this offense and where it ranks in the AL: .213 batting average (15th), 186 hits (15th), .636 OPS (15th), 35 doubles (15th), 102 runs (14th) and 24 homers (14th). As a quick reminder there are 15 teams in the AL.
Looks like they are overachieving when it comes to run production.

I was reading it thinking they looked pretty average, until I realized it was AL not MLB ranks.

Rays recovered a bit from last weekend with a 2 game sweep of the Red Sox. They still have the best record in baseball but have seen their AL East lead shrink because the walking wounded keep winning baseball games.

Looks like they are overachieving when it comes to run production.

I was reading it thinking they looked pretty average, until I realized it was AL not MLB ranks.

Rays recovered a bit from last weekend with a 2 game sweep of the Red Sox. They still have the best record in baseball but have seen their AL East lead shrink because the walking wounded keep winning baseball games.

which is crazy. I know they are playing bad teams right now, but hell they were losing to bad teams when they were healthier.

which is crazy. I know they are playing bad teams right now, but hell they were losing to bad teams when they were healthier.
Its downright annoying.

Its downright annoying.

what's annoying is this lineup....this was Friday's game.

LeMahieu
Voit
Torres
Urshela
Maybin
Romine
Tachman
Estrada

what's annoying is this lineup....this was Friday's game.

LeMahieu
Voit
Torres
Urshela
Maybin
Romine
Tachman
Estrada
Exactly, they should be losing, as a Rays fan it's annoying that they keep winning. I would prefer a 5 game lead at this point.

Indians at marlins tonight

Announced attendance was 7200 and supposedly most of them were Indians fans

Sox starting to show a little life. Great start by Porcello tonight.

Uggh Kluber has a Forearm Fracture after taking a 102mph comebacker square on it

Sox starting to show a little life. Great start by Porcello tonight.

probably because they banned Fortnite in the lockerroom

It's May 3rd and the MN freakin' Twins have the best record in baseball. Lol

Tribe wins in bottom of 9th with 2 outs 2-1

Gausman gets tossed after throwing at Urena. Not sure if it was truly intentional or not but a warning HAS to happen in this scenario before you eject a starting pitcher.

For those that forgot, Urena was the one who beemed Acuna last year (yes, last year) when he was on his hot streak of hitting homers as the lead off man. Urena was ejected and tonight was the first time the Braves faced him since that day.

People don’t forget lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe last night's win over the twins was the Yanks first win over a team with a winning record, is thay true?

Tyler Glasnow threw 7 scoreless innings last night. His Era is now 1.47. As of now the Rays trade of Archer to the Pirates for Glasnow and Austin Meadows looks like an absolute fleecing.

I believe last night's win over the twins was the Yanks first win over a team with a winning record, is thay true?

Tyler Glasnow threw 7 scoreless innings last night. His Era is now 1.47. As of now the Rays trade of Archer to the Pirates for Glasnow and Austin Meadows looks like an absolute fleecing.

Well the Twins have been beating up on the Orioles for many of their wins...so there's that.

We'll see how legit they are inevitably...

Well the Twins have been beating up on the Orioles for many of their wins...so there's that.

We'll see how legit they are inevitably...
It's the Rays turn to do so, opened up with a 7-0 win.

Of course we split the series with the Royals so we haven't exactly taken advantage of opportunities.

It's the Rays turn to do so, opened up with a 7-0 win.

Of course we split the series with the Royals so we haven't exactly taken advantage of opportunities.

They might be worst team in the league.

After beating the Evil Empire today I am bordering on calling the Twins an actual decent team this season.

I have to say I like what I see...

Red Sox appear to be clicking on all cylinders now after a woeful start to the season.

Martin Perez is 5-0. Not bad for $1m salary.

Back