The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Sounds like he was shot in the leg.

Newer reports say Ortiz was shot in the back, the bullet exited his body through the abdomen, and he's in surgery right now. MUCH different than the original report.

Newer reports say Ortiz was shot in the back, the bullet exited his body through the abdomen, and he's in surgery right now. MUCH different than the original report.

Wow. Definitely much more serious. Current and former MLB players need to stay out of the DR. Seems like someone gets shot over there at least once a year. Hope Papi comes through it ok. He is definitely a fighter.

The Official 2019 MLB Thread

DR is a dangerous place when I was living there seen many a crime. Hope Ortiz recovers and it is not life threatening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Dr is getting all kinds of well deserved negative press lately. I can't imagine choosing to vacation there right now with all that is going on.

I hope it's less serious than it sounds and Papi is up and moving quickly.

The Dr is getting all kinds of well deserved negative press lately. I can't imagine choosing to vacation there right now with all that is going on.

I hope it's less serious than it sounds and Papi is up and moving quickly.

He lives there half of the year according to the news. Also someone as popular as him, and his status in the DR I am not sure why anyone would want to kill him.

He lives there half of the year according to the news. Also someone as popular as him, and his status in the DR I am not sure why anyone would want to kill him.
Oh I know he does, just speaking in general.

Bumgarner might be the biggest baby in baseball.

Here's a funk junk statistic: the MN Twins are the only team left in the entire league who have not lost 3 straight games this season.

For the first time in 2019, Braves tied for first place!

The Braves/Phillies 3 game series this weekend could be a big weekend for the NL east

1-1 heading to 10th... Indians vs reds

A combination of pitchers duel and crappy offenses

Tribe wins in the 10th...Mercado walk off single

Jays are trash

Jays are trash

Only Toronto based team I don't cheer for and I'm glad.

Only Toronto based team I don't cheer for and I'm glad.

They are brutal this season. If it wasn’t for Vladdy jr, Tellez and Biggio this team would be last place easily

They are brutal this season. If it wasn’t for Vladdy jr, Tellez and Biggio this team would be last place easily

I mean the one positive is that they finally have some building blocks. They haven't been able to say that in while. I've only seen 3 of Stroman's starts, but it doesn't look like he wants to be there. Option to trade for more pieces come deadline?

Verla set is dealing tonight, has 12k’s so far

I mean the one positive is that they finally have some building blocks. They haven't been able to say that in while. I've only seen 3 of Stroman's starts, but it doesn't look like he wants to be there. Option to trade for more pieces come deadline?

Marcus loves Toronto. But also know inside he’s not fully happy with management. See him being traded sooner then later

Marcus loves Toronto. But also know inside he’s not fully happy with management. See him being traded sooner then later

He's been there through the ups and downs, that's for sure. They need to get the value for him now. I mean realistically it's 3-4 years before their contenders again.

He's been there through the ups and downs, that's for sure. They need to get the value for him now. I mean realistically it's 3-4 years before their contenders again.

Think in 5 years when the youngins gain experience watch out

Verla set is dealing tonight, has 12k’s so far

He’s looking like the best pitcher in baseball right now.

He’s looking like the best pitcher in baseball right now.

He's locked in for sure. I just wish some offense could show up and get the W he deserved after last nights performance.

@ddec, Stanton 4-7 with 3 homers so far

Back