The Official 2019 MLB Thread

Don't look now but the Twins are the best team in baseball. Mediocre pitching and all.

If they hit two homers today, they will be only the second team in history to hit 100 HRs by the 50 game mark.

Sano is starting to look like a player again - 2 homers last night. Hoping maybe they trade Sano for a legit starting pitcher.

Braves are 12-5 in their last 17 games with a great comeback win in the 9th last night. It was funny espn put up a stat in the top of the 9th...teams are 423-2 when they have a 3 run lead in the 9th inning.... guess it’s 423-3 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's starting to look like the Twins are the real deal. Question mark remains the pitching.

It will be an interesting 4-game starting tomorrow against a respectable Rays team.

man the almora stuff tonight had me tearing up as a father. so glad that 4 yr old is gonna be ok and why dont the Astros have netting??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sitting at the Phillies game and my son is texting some St Louis fraternity bros with

716f9d0fe6f5ad7557e0c4c557770576.gif

At reds game. 2 minutes in the catcher for Max scherzer gave this to Julia
5bdb69133a5da7eb081c4b86af7ba38c.jpg

well this will get interesting.

Keuchel and Kimbrell can sign starting today without the signing teams having to forfeit draft picks.

wonder how quick they get snatched up...LOTS of hurt pitchers right now

Also the Rays had 5800 fans for a game last week, that is crazy (and also the smallest crowd for a game there ever).

I also think I saw the AAA team out in las vegas is averaging more fans per game than the Marlins

Also the Rays had 5800 fans for a game last week, that is crazy (and also the smallest crowd for a game there ever).

I also think I saw the AAA team out in las vegas is averaging more fans per game than the Marlins

Yeah we've talked about this on this forum before I think.

Both the Florida teams' attendance (lack thereof) is wild.

My father thought it was because no one wants to be indoors down in Florida when they could be outside.

Surely there are lots of factors.

Flordia does have a TON of pro franchises though: two NHL, two MLB, three NFL (or is it four?), two NBA.

Not to mention all the MLB teams that play in the Spring leagues down there.

There's just got to be a sort of fatigue of some sort with the plethora of pro teams down there.

45th anniversary of 10 cent beer night!

25,000 fans and 60,000 beers that night

Yeah we've talked about this on this forum before I think.

Both the Florida teams' attendance (lack thereof) is wild.

My father thought it was because no one wants to be indoors down in Florida when they could be outside.

Surely there are lots of factors.

Flordia does have a TON of pro franchises though: two NHL, two MLB, three NFL (or is it four?), two NBA.

Not to mention all the MLB teams that play in the Spring leagues down there.

There's just got to be a sort of fatigue of some sort with the plethora of pro teams down there.
I fully believe it has alot to do with the terrible stadium in a terrible location for the Rays. They have less fans within a 30 minute drive than any other team. Put them in Tampa and attendance becomes mid pack in my mind.

Miami is just an awful sports town.

45th anniversary of 10 cent beer night!

25,000 fans and 60,000 beers that night

My brother & a couple of cousins were there. It was...interesting, to say the least.

I fully believe it has alot to do with the terrible stadium in a terrible location for the Rays. They have less fans within a 30 minute drive than any other team. Put them in Tampa and attendance becomes mid pack in my mind.

Miami is just an awful sports town.

The lack attendance must not bother some of these teams' ownership much. They must just be raking in bags of cash on their TV contracts or whatever.

Marlins scored 16 tonight? I'm shocked they have won over 20 games.

Carrasco on the DL due to a blood condition.

Current status of their rotation from opening day

1. Kluber-on DL
2. Carassco-on DL
3. Bauer- Not on DL
4. Clevinger-on DL
5. Bieber-Not on DL

So the "strength" of the team is all hurt. Not to mention their top pitching prospect McKenzie is hurt.

Carrasco was supposed to start tonight, so he has been scratched and now Tyler Clipperd will start.....and he is a reliever.

Carrasco on the DL due to a blood condition.

Current status of their rotation from opening day

1. Kluber-on DL
2. Carassco-on DL
3. Bauer- Not on DL
4. Clevinger-on DL
5. Bieber-Not on DL

So the "strength" of the team is all hurt. Not to mention their top pitching prospect McKenzie is hurt.

Carrasco was supposed to start tonight, so he has been scratched and now Tyler Clipperd will start.....and he is a reliever.

10.5 GB.... how soon until

giphy.gif

10.5 GB.... how soon until

giphy.gif
My guess is with Clevinger back next week they see if he can help the cause. If no ground is made up a a month after than then I think it happens.

Problem is u can't trade Kluber cause he's out indefinitely and him and Bauer we're supposedly the guys they we're trying to move albeit they would only trade one.

Outside of that they got no one else worth trading except maybe Brad Hand

So the "strength" of the team is all hurt. .

Now you know how Twins fans felt last year.

Kimbrell to the cubs

Kimbrell to the cubs

Upset about this one as a Braves fan but happy to see we signed Dallas keuchel!!

Wow kimbrell coming out and basically bashing Tampa for their fans and attendance said playing in front of crowds was important to him lol

Just read a post on Instagram that David Ortiz was reportedly shot in the Dominican Republic. Condition unknown at this point.

Sounds like he was shot in the leg.

Back