The Official 2021 - 2022 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Add Pat Maroon and Corey Perry to the list of unskilled goons that the NHL needs to get rid of.

I’ve been out of Michigan too long to appreciate some of the game nuance, but this third period has been a fun watch.

I feel like from my Detroit days we didn’t like Cooper as a coach. Am I mis-remembering?

I love watching playoff hockey. It’s more non-stop than a LIV golf broadcast

Too many men :LOL:

Do you push this power play for the insurance or just milk the clock?

They should send the whole bench out there next time.

After this game is over, I’d love to hear the strategy of how you do that. (Honest question, enjoy hockey but the finer points I’m still learning)

Game 6. Lightning still undefeated in elimination games in three years…

Series going back to Tampa. Palat has scored some big goals in these playoffs, none bigger than tonight.

After this game is over, I’d love to hear the strategy of how you do that. (Honest question, enjoy hockey but the finer points I’m still learning)
You still try to score, not just play keep away, but you have the team only take shots with high percentage of making it to the net and end up back on your possession. You also make the other team chase you. If they don't, take your time.

And, no matter what, don't get caught out there tired when the PP ends.

To clarify: you have a higher scoring percentage on shots through traffic. Those shots, however, have a higher percentage of not getting through or getting turned over, so you play for "perfect" shots and don't take the "normal" PP traffic shots.

To clarify: you have a higher scoring percentage on shots through traffic. Those shots, however, have a higher percentage of not getting through or getting turned over, so you play for "perfect" shots and don't take the "normal" PP traffic shots.
What do you hate worse as a goalie - shots through traffic where you're screened, or a quick flipped wrister that seems like it came out of nowhere? Seems like each of them present their own problems.

What do you hate worse as a goalie - shots through traffic where you're screened, or a quick flipped wrister that seems like it came out of nowhere? Seems like each of them present their own problems.
The wrister often comes when you're moving and not set for the shot, which makes reaction hard.

Shots through traffic don't make you look "bad" and you'd be surprised how good you can get at tracking the puck through a screen.

I'm going with a wrister or backhand from a player in full-stride.

Why do I feel they won’t be the last goal we see

Play seems a little bit tentative so far…

There it is! Colorado ties it up!

Back