The Official 2021 NFL Thread

That is the debate on should I, and then being told you must. What the heck
I'm sure some was also you can't release before the game last night and take shine away from it.

*Undo saved me again!

There it is. I almost had it word for word. I should look at a career in PR

I wonder if any of this - his comments, his apology - will have any effect on his endorsements.

There it is. I almost had it word for word. I should look at a career in PR

I totally believe this. I don’t think he meant what he said. /sarcasm off

I wonder if any of this - his comments, his apology - will have any effect on his endorsements.
Why would he? Emotions running high after a game and he said something stupid. No big deal.

I don't think it impacts anything. Was just a really dumb comment before he had cooled off from the outcome of the game. It'll fade away pretty quick I think. Just should know he can't say stuff like that. I assume there will be a fine coming at some point and then we all move on if we haven't already

I think he was being sarcastic right after a tough loss but nevertheless, I expect him to apologize today.

Dak apologizes for his comments on Sunday night.

“I deeply regret the comments I made regarding the officials after the game on Sunday,” Prescott said on Twitter. “I was caught up in the emotion of a disappointing loss and my words were uncalled for and unfair. . . . I hold the NFL Officials in the highest regard and have always respected their professionalism and the difficulty of their jobs. The safety of everyone who attends a game or participates on the field of a sporting event is a very serious matter. . . . That was a mistake on my behalf, and I am sorry.”

Why should he, any other player or coach. Officials suck on a regular basis and are completely off limits. It’s time they are held accountable as well. And not by a blanket statement from the NFL apologizing after the fact.
Lots of ways to criticize the refs and hold them accountable. Encouraging fans to throw things at refs on the field shouldn’t be one of them. That is dangerous not only to the refs but other people in attendance. What Dak said was out of line and his apology 2 days later was not believable.

If the Chiefs game comes down to losing due to bad refs, totally fine with players being upset, criticizing and getting fined. But I hope they don’t encourage violence. Fans can be upset, but they don’t need to threaten refs or call the refs’ home with death threats. And yes, I have heard of this happening with my teams’ fans.

Why should he, any other player or coach. Officials suck on a regular basis and are completely off limits. It’s time they are held accountable as well. And not by a blanket statement from the NFL apologizing after the fact.

Speaking absurdities can lead to atrocities.

Dak or any other player should have known better. As to the Cowboys, the organization used the refs as an excuse all season. One heard it - "The officials are trying to get us."

Another reason to fire McCarthy. He let this attitude fester in addtion to the team's offensive issues the last 9 games of the season. They knew who they needed to get the ball to, and somehow they did not get the ball to them. Complete failure, most penalized team, an owner who would rather have the sun blind his players than put a curtain on a window.

Chaos.

Lots of ways to criticize the refs and hold them accountable. Encouraging fans to throw things at refs on the field shouldn’t be one of them. That is dangerous not only to the refs but other people in attendance. What Dak said was out of line and his apology 2 days later was not believable.
Speaking absurdities can lead to atrocities.

Dak or any other player should have known better. As to the Cowboys, the organization used the refs as an excuse all season. One heard it - "The officials are trying to get us."

Another reason to fire McCarthy. He let this attitude fester in addtion to the team's offensive issues the last 9 games of the season. They knew who they needed to get the ball to, and somehow they did not get the ball to them. Complete failure, most penalized team, an owner who would rather have the sun blind his players than put a curtain on a window.

Chaos.
Oh I didn’t realize he condoned throwing stuff. Guess I should get the whole story before commenting. I only saw the part talking about the final play.

😂😂😂
Screenshot_20220119-070253_Facebook.jpg

You people are brutal. You should be glad JJ is owner of the Cows. He's made a mess of his franchise for 27 years while banking a lot of money.

He falls in love with players and overpays them - should have let Zeke and Dak go with their demands. He employs bad coaches. Just a screwup. The Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator have been abysmal the last 10 weeks and apparently the team lacks communication - which is the head coach's job. They don't get the ball to their playmakers. The only bright spot was Dan Quinn and his defense, which lacks defensive tackles and a LB, and Quinn is leaving...:oops:

You people are brutal. You should be glad JJ is owner of the Cows. He's made a mess of his franchise for 27 years while banking a lot of money.

He falls in love with players and overpays them - should have let Zeke and Dak go with their demands. He employs bad coaches. Just a screwup. The Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator have been abysmal the last 10 weeks and apparently the team lacks communication - which is the head coach's job. They don't get the ball to their playmakers. The only bright spot was Dan Quinn and his defense and Quinn is leaving...:oops:
It's not the people in the organization that are the problem. Mostly it's the obnoxious fans of the cowboys. There are some level headed fans but there is a huge population of delusional super fans that are the worst.

Jerry has done great things for the NFL but he is no GM. Lol

It's not the people in the organization that are the problem. Mostly it's the obnoxious fans of the cowboys. There are some level headed fans but there is a huge population of delusional super fans that are the worst.

Jerry has done great things for the NFL but he is no GM. Lol

I am fortunate or unfortunate enough to follow the Cows for 57 years - since I was 9 and moved to Dallas. I baby sat some of the player's children, drove to the game with some players to the Cotton Bowl as a kid. Pretty thrilling for a 11-14 yr old.

I don't really care about the obnoxious fans. They have a lot of knowledgeable fans. This Organization has some excellent people but the last 10 weeks showed problems with coaching and what they need in the draft. I did not think they were going anywhere this year. Thought they might make it through the first round but their play the last few weeks told me they were not going anywhere.

And JJ may have the title but he no longer functions as the GM any longer - Will Clay is the one acquiring talent; JJ has the purse strings.

Last edited:
Like them or not, I guess we can put the "America's Team" debate aside. We now have 23 other teams who are setting at home either not making the playoffs or getting flat pounded in the 1st round of the playoffs. We also have the final 8 teams still fighting for a Super Bowl, yet everyone is still talking about them Cowboys.

Like them or not, I guess we can put the "America's Team" debate aside. We now have 23 other teams who are setting at home either not making the playoffs or getting flat pounded in the 1st round of the playoffs. We also have the final 8 teams still fighting for a Super Bowl, yet everyone is still talking about them Cowboys.
To be fair, its not often a QB roots for fans to throw things at referees after the game.
I think those that are not avid fans of the team are relishing in that loss a bit.
Similar to the way many will feel when Brady loses or Rodgers loses.
I mean after all its #rigged :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Despite not doing a darn thing in the playoffs for 26 years, they still get the best TV ratings.:LOL:

To be fair, its not often a QB roots for fans to throw things at referees after the game.
I think those that are not avid fans of the team are relishing in that loss a bit.
#rigged

i think the cowboys are right up there with the yankees as the most hated sports team.

I mean, Dak did apologize whole heartedly ;) and he may need to be careful because some of those fans had better arms then him
Most "Fans" would rather see Dallas lose more than their own team win
It's definitely #rigged :LOL:

i think the cowboys are right up there with the yankees as the most hated sports team.
Hey hey nobody takes this title away from my Astros! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I mean, Dak did apologize whole heartedly ;)
Most "Fans" would rather see Dallas lose more than their own team win
It's definitely #rigged :LOL:
I actually dont believe that. But if you were around in the 90s, which I think you were, the fans were ******* obnoxious. Now, with season after season of epic failure, those other fans like to needle a bit.

Back