The Official 2023 NFL Thread

So happy for Andre Johnson.

Walter Payton award every year makes me feel that humanity isn’t all bad.

Just heard Patrick Willis was selected to the HOF! His jersey is one of the few I own. He was a beast on the field and a truly good guy off the field. Excited to see him make it in!!

I think I'm finally over the Lions choke job loss and have decided even though I am not a fan of Mahomes or Kelce I shall hope the Chiefs win in massive blowout fashion and then Reid retires.

I think I'm finally over the Lions choke job loss and have decided even though I am not a fan of Mahomes or Kelce I shall hope the Chiefs win in massive blowout fashion and then Reid retires.
Wait.. is lord tox a closet Swiftie?

Just heard Patrick Willis was selected to the HOF! His jersey is one of the few I own. He was a beast on the field and a truly good guy off the field. Excited to see him make it in!!
He is in my top 3 or 4 favorite players. I saw him play pretty much every home game and a couple of road games while he was at Ole Miss. I got this autograph the night he won the Conerly Award as the most outstanding college player in Mississippi in 06.

IMG_0315.jpeg
He expressed his gratitude to those of us who asked for his autograph that night. I told him when you get to the NFL HoF, I’ll need another autograph. I’ve already called a couple of people to try and arrange that the next time he is in town.

His attitude is amazing. His story is incredibly meaningful to me. It got a little dusty at my house when I saw the news yesterday.

He is in my top 3 or 4 favorite players. I saw him play pretty much every home game and a couple of road games while he was at Ole Miss. I got this autograph the night he won the Conerly Award as the most outstanding college player in Mississippi in 06.

View attachment 9241537
He expressed his gratitude to those of us who asked for his autograph that night. I told him when you get to the NFL HoF, I’ll need another autograph. I’ve already called a couple of people to try and arrange that the next time he is in town.

His attitude is amazing. His story is incredibly meaningful to me. It got a little dusty at my house when I saw the news yesterday.
Love Patrick Willis. My second favorite player ever. I was worried when he didn’t get in he might get left out because of his shortish career. But he was the best middle linebacker in the league for pretty much his whole career. And just a great dude.

@mikeg_74 CJ got 4 5th place votes for MVP. That I think is a win for him.

#Rigged

Lamar couldn't even win a playoff game. If he couldn't run he'd be another average qb at best.

I just hope all the hype is tempered and we let the kid develop. He has shown promise but don't him to try to do too much just to keep up with the headlines.

So happy for Andre Johnson.

He was really really good. And i know they threw a lot with Matt Shaub but it's not like he was playing with Aaron Rodgers or anything.

He had almost 15000 receiving yards. Probably one of the better players of the last 20 years that people don't really talk about

not a fan of Hester making the hall. great return guy but that's it. imagine if guys like Tyreek hill or Barry sanders only returned punts and kickoffs....they would be amazing. if you're not good enough to be a star anywhere else but returns, then that is not good enough for me.

Reactions: Bus
not a fan of Hester making the hall. great return guy but that's it. imagine if guys like Tyreek hill or Barry sanders only returned punts and kickoffs....they would be amazing. if you're not good enough to be a star anywhere else but returns, then that is not good enough for me.
Tend to agree with this. Hard time putting a guy in that only have 20 career touchdowns. There are a lot of running backs and WR being left out that had much better careers.

Tend to agree with this. Hard time putting a guy in that only have 20 career touchdowns. There are a lot of running backs and WR being left out that had much better careers.
it's the Hall of Fame, not Hall of Touchdowns

someone who is undisputed Top 3 ever at their position belongs imo

so if you were the best special teams player, then you belong in the hall?

and he was not good enough at any other position.

his position was PR/KR. he was the best at that position when he was playing, just like other Hall members who were the best at their position

his position was PR/KR. he was the best at that position when he was playing, just like other Hall members who were the best at their position
i disagree but that's why they make different ice cream flavors

They do have an All-Pro spot for his position. Not sure how long that has been the case.

Yeah, I don’t agree with this. Just an opinion. If you aren’t on the field more than 5 plays a game and your team only has a winning record half of your seasons I just don’t see it.

I get the top 3 position argument. But to me that’s the only argument. If he was really that good he would have touched the ball a lot more.

Last edited:
the hall is suppose to filled with the best players to ever play the game ie: Montana, Rice, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and devin hester.....ummmm ok.
Montana would have been a terrible RB, but he didn't play that position. He's in the Hall as a QB

Back