The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just set up my first ever golf fitting for myself on April 9th. The place was ranked a top 100 best club fitters by golf digest so hopefully they do a good job. The fitting is also free. I'm excited for the experience. I just wish Iowa City wasn't an 1 1/2 from where I live.

I'm pretty sure this is my last big project. It's going well, and it's been a challenge at times. But there is no way I want a steady diet of this. I guess I'm getting to old or something.

I'm pretty sure this is my last big project. It's going well, and it's been a challenge at times. But there is no way I want a steady diet of this. I guess I'm getting to old or something.

My dad and uncle stoped doing big projects a few years agao. To them the time and headache wasn't worth it. They enjoyed building the big houses and the big remodels. Now they like to do bathrooms or smaller jobs.

I just set up my first ever golf fitting for myself on April 9th. The place was ranked a top 100 best club fitters by golf digest so hopefully they do a good job. The fitting is also free. I'm excited for the experience. I just wish Iowa City wasn't an 1 1/2 from where I live.

Golf USA in coralville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf USA in coralville?

Yes sir. Hopefully it goes well. I had emailed them before to inquire and they were fast at replying. Have you had a fitting with them?

Yes sir. Hopefully it goes well. I had emailed them before to inquire and they were fast at replying. Have you had a fitting with them?

Haven't done a true fitting but they helped me out last year. I was actually just there Friday hitting on their simulators.

They have a cobra demo day in a couple weeks and I think I'm gonna go there for that. They are good people.

My dad and uncle stoped doing big projects a few years agao. To them the time and headache wasn't worth it. They enjoyed building the big houses and the big remodels. Now they like to do bathrooms or smaller jobs.

Yeah, maybe I can set up shop somewhere and just do that. Tampa sounds good hahaha. I do a lot of high end jobs so, I'm sure I can scale it back some and be a bit more picky. I'm retired (military) so this is supplement to the peanuts I get from Uncle Sam.

dont they sell beer?
They do, and have a decent selection, but I tend to buy beer at the family owned beverage center in my hometown that I have been going to since I was 7 years old riding my bike around the city returning empties for deposit.

Yeah, maybe I can set up shop somewhere and just do that. Tampa sounds good hahaha. I do a lot of high end jobs so, I'm sure I can scale it back some and be a bit more picky. I'm retired (military) so this is supplement to the peanuts I get from Uncle Sam.

If you choose your area wisely, you could really do well with projects. As the houses get older, there is a lot of need to have things redone, and a lot of money to have it done.

Wow. Why is it with some people a "send it over to me and I will review it" has to be a 20 min conversation of the same thing? Wow people sometimes just don't shut it.

Jordan Spieth just lied to me on Twitter about a pre-sale for UA golf shoes. I don't know how to deal with this. It's like Captain America telling me not to buy war bonds.

Noticing an awfully large number of "guests" on a lot of threads today

I sometimes get upset with some coworkers who ask a lot of the same questions that they've asked before, you know? In the car business, especially the finance side where I work, it's pretty black and white. I can't quote you a payment if I don't have an approval from a credit source. That's how class action lawsuits can happen.

Noticing an awfully large number of "guests" on a lot of threads today

It happens this time of year. Traffic is through the roof.

It happens this time of year. Traffic is through the roof.

Why because I'm traveling again and pull up THP on every computer and device I pass?

Reflecting on a great weekend of golf with some NorCal Crew members. Also trying not to be discouraged about the state of my game.

Why because I'm traveling again and pull up THP on every computer and device I pass?

Haha. Thats awesome.
I did that once in a store.

Haha. Thats awesome.
I did that once in a store.
I definitely did it multiple times in the AT&T store last year when I was shopping for a new phone. Just to log on to the site. Didn't want to put my login info in a display phone :D

Can someone explain to me how snapchat works? I must be too old to figure it out.

Right there with you. Look at the tutorial and still don't get it.

It took me a while to get it somewhat figured out. I was afraid to swipe in case I would do something by accident.

Yeah, that made me sound really old. :beat-up:

I may have set the home on every iPad in an Apple Store as THP once

Just landed in Nashville and still have a drive to Memphis.

Just landed in Nashville and still have a drive to Memphis.
Stop at Grand Central BBQ when you get to Memphis. Everything will be better.

Reflecting on a great weekend of golf with some NorCal Crew members. Also trying not to be discouraged about the state of my game.

Always remember to enjoy the journey. A great weekend of golf with THP'ers is a win every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back