The Official Banter Away Thread

since we've been back in CONUS for almost 5 yrs now, I recently resigned myself to making PB&J with "American" bread...after experimenting with Wonder and a couple of others, Bimbo Bread has been the most "acceptable" to the pillow soft Japanese bread I'd been used to for 2/3 of my life...people tell just go to Japan Town, etc. and get bread there but it's never quite right...always a little stale.
As long as the bread is good and soft I’m happy.

As long as the bread is good and soft I’m happy.

my wife was surprised to see me eat more than 1 PB&J the other day...she said "wow, you never eat more than one since we've been here." I told her "I miss my PB&J....we must reconnect."

my wife was surprised to see me eat more than 1 PB&J the other day...she said "wow, you never eat more than one since we've been here." I told her "I miss my PB&J....we must reconnect."
It's hard to eat just one, and ya have to have milk with it.

It's hard to eat just one, and ya have to have milk with it.

in the absence of milk, OJ...if I have to drink a soda, 7-up. I have a PB&J pecking order :rolleyes:

feeling about work tomorrow

For the past 20 years, I have been a fast food lunch person during my work day.
Proud to say, today was the 10th work day in a row of taking a lunch, and actually eating it at work.

Its a little thing, but I am immensely proud of the accomplishment lol.

Proud to say, today was the 10th work day in a row of taking a lunch, and actually eating it at work.

Not the easiest thing to do but good for you!!!! I have been doing it the brown bag lunch the better part of 15 years, and think it a treat to go out for lunch now.

Not the easiest thing to do but good for you!!!! I have been doing it the brown bag lunch the better part of 15 years, and think it a treat to go out for lunch now.

That was part of the problem I had with it. At first it was a treat every day. Then it became a routine. Then a habit.
Then it became more of a chore, and I honestly started to dislike the monotony of deep fried this, burger that......
I just got to the point I hated the taste of food.

Started doing a lot more fresh, vibrant flavors, spice.... all things to mix it up, and finally enjoy eating again.

Nice work man! That's tough to do.

This was too cute not to share.

Babies are just so special.

Was the site down just a little bit ago? It woudnt load on my phone

Eh either way Its obviously back now.. though I did say i could get to sleep earlier, had the phone down all of two minutes before findkng myself checking out new iron releases :unsure:

Was the site down just a little bit ago? It woudnt load on my phone

Eh either way Its obviously back now.. though I did say i could get to sleep earlier, had the phone down all of two minutes before findkng myself checking out new iron releases :unsure:
Was wondering the same thing. It was crawling for about 10mins it seemed.

I just found out a woman I know says she has a “gluten allergy“. My initial response was “of course you do.“ Thank goodness I didn’t say it out loud.

I just found out a woman I know says she has a “gluten allergy“. My initial response was “of course you do.“ Thank goodness I didn’t say it out loud.

Maybe she has Celiac disease?

Maybe she has Celiac disease?
No one with celiac disease eat at the Olive Garden regularly. She cut down on our carb take and started feeling healthier so it must be a “gluten allergy.“

No one with celiac disease eat at the Olive Garden regularly. She cut down on our carb take and started feeling healthier so it must be a “gluten allergy.“

gotcha...drama. My sister in law has celiac and she gets hospital-level I’ll if she eats gluten

gotcha...drama. My sister in law has celiac and she gets hospital-level I’ll if she eats gluten
That’s what frustrates me. Gluten “allergies” have become trendy and discounts people that really suffer from celiac disease. It’s unfortunate.

My step-mom one time made cauliflower mashed “potatoes” since she’s cutting down on gluten. Potatoes are not gluten. The fact that food manufacturers now label food as Gluten Free is Crazy - yes label gluten free baked goods but there is no reason to label ground beef gluten free. I’ve seen people order biscuits and gravy and asked for the gluten free biscuits - what do you think is in that gravy - flour. What is flour - gluten!

The reason why one may feel better when cutting out gluten has nothing to do with being sensitive to gluten. It’s because you’ve changed your diet by reducing carbs, which will make you feel better.

I just get sick of the Dr. Oz, Oprah, The Voice and The University of Google diagnosis’s and then tell anyone that will listen about your “allergy”.

My post about gluten got me thinking of my step mom. She is the poster child of following trends. When tuscan was all the rage, she gutted the entire kitchen (which was perfectly fine) to put in an Italian getaway complete with all the faux painting and veneer stone. Now she wants to gut it again because it's not in style. All her friends were buying accessories with beads on it, so every throw pillow in the house was suddenly adorned with beads. They had a custom pool table, so she needed a custom pool table. I swear if someone told her the latest style was to rub horse dung all over the wall and then use a paint brush to turn it into art, she would do it.

My post about gluten got me thinking of my step mom. She is the poster child of following trends. When tuscan was all the rage, she gutted the entire kitchen (which was perfectly fine) to put in an Italian getaway complete with all the faux painting and veneer stone. Now she wants to gut it again because it's not in style. All her friends were buying accessories with beads on it, so every throw pillow in the house was suddenly adorned with beads. They had a custom pool table, so she needed a custom pool table. I swear if someone told her the latest style was to rub horse dung all over the wall and then use a paint brush to turn it into art, she would do it.

That’s not a style?

Lol, I didn't realize I was married to your mother ! ?

quick shout out to @Jman and @Molten on all of these first look articles. You boys have been crazy busy.

quick shout out to @Jman and @Molten on all of these first look articles. You boys have been crazy busy.
Not to make this too much of a love fest, but I couldn't have done it without you, @ddec and you know it!

I love meetings that everyone gets together to talk about what you already know. At the end, the summary was the same as what you wrote up and sent out before the meeting as your recommendation. No really. I love it. LOVE IT.

Really wan this work day to be over. :sleep:

Back