The Official Banter Away Thread

Trying not to think about all of that stuff that will probably happen in the future.

Little dude is alright though?
yeah man, he's a trooper. i just launch pokemon plushies and booster packs at him and he's happy'ish hahaha

There are many people out there dealing with worse things with their kids - I just have a brutally hard time dealing with illness.

And even worse is how helpless you feel as a parent not being able to do anything. It's such a miserable thing for little people to have to go through.
Nothing we can do about it either... they get sick now to build up their immune system, or later in life haha - no safe place.

Nothing we can do about it either... they get sick now to build up their immune system, or later in life haha - no safe place.

yep. That’s it. He should have a good strong immune system when he gets older. Preschool is great for that.

yep. That’s it. He should have a good strong immune system when he gets older. Preschool is great for that.
I don't think there's enough rum in Ohio to get me through these years haha

I don't think there's enough rum in Ohio to get me through these years haha
From my experience it settles down by the end of elementary school. Middle school hasn’t been too bad so far. Less little siblings still in preschool I think...and less touching icky things. ?

Wife had strep all last week (and I was out of town feeling awful about being out of town).
Cal has something between a cold and the flu currently haha - not sure.

You know how it goes. It's just endless floating question marks.

This year has been brutal. Flu B hit hard at the beginning of the year, and now Flu A is coming on late. My kids had B real bad at the very beginning of the season, and then A a week ago. Thankfully the wife and I missed it the second time. Best advise I can give you is to get a really good cool mist humidifier, and get some really fun hand soap for the kid and make it a competition/challenge as to how many times he can wash his hands in a day. My experience is that most of the germs come from hands getting out into mouths. Or in our case, one of my beautiful daughter coughing strait into my face when I am helping them get dressed.

This year has been brutal. Flu B hit hard at the beginning of the year, and now Flu A is coming on late. My kids had B real bad at the very beginning of the season, and then A a week ago. Thankfully the wife and I missed it the second time. Best advise I can give you is to get a really good cool mist humidifier, and get some really fun hand soap for the kid and make it a competition/challenge as to how many times he can wash his hands in a day. My experience is that most of the germs come from hands getting out into mouths. Or in our case, one of my beautiful daughter coughing strait into my face when I am helping them get dressed.

We were discussing the coughing straight into your face/mouth thing at work Just the other day. We decided kids are gross.

We were discussing the coughing straight into your face/mouth thing at work Just the other day. We decided kids are gross.
Kids are disgusting little snot factories. Sometimes they're cute, but mostly the former.

Kids are disgusting little snot factories. Sometimes they're cute, but mostly the former.
100%. Which is why washing hands has helped us so much. I would slather my kids in purell if I didn’t think my wife would yell at me.

hahaha yeah I hear that. We have a firm "wash your hands" rule any time we enter the house.

Also, if Cal spits anywhere near my direction, he knows he's in for it.

My wife just gave one of the dogs a thin mint cookie. This dog always takes something she has never had before and runs off behind the dining room table to check it out and eat it. She came back to sit beside my chair looking like she had just done a line of blow. :LOL:

This winter has been the worst. I don’t even remember the last time I’ve had the flu, and somehow this winter I’ve had it twice. My son and I had Flu B the week between Christmas and New Years, and just a couple weeks ago we both had Flu A and right at the tail end of that we developed pneumonia. Somehow my wife and daughter have lucked out and missed it all (the higher risk being with my wife as she’s pregnant, so very glad it all completely missed her).

75 minutes later and were still not done yet

2C01A1A3-521A-43C8-80CD-50168EF48FB6.jpeg

this is happening right now BDB658F7-90DD-4946-A398-349CA8E2E318.jpeg

Spring is coming THP....Spring is coming! (This is pretty damn cool)

Spring is coming THP....Spring is coming! (This is pretty damn cool)

All i can think about is the amount of bird poop that must have been dropped over those poor little islands. :ROFLMAO:

I used to like the house on the cooler side before losing weight.. Now I grab the blanket before my wife does. It's downright embarrassing.. ?
So winter camping is out?

My wife swears by elderberry syrup as a natural defense against colds and now makes it herself. Could be a coincidence but my 3 kids have not been sick much since they started taking it.
Must have picked that tip up on a camping trip.

Turmeric shots also are supposed to be amazing- I can never find the turmeric though.
this is happening right now View attachment 8928165
Really looking forward to that in a month.

Hope everyone makes it through the cold and flu season - seems worse than it’s been and last year was pretty bad

Back