The Official Counterfeit Thread

I did a search on this, but takes forever to go through this whole thread...

Anyone purchase from "thegolfhabit" on ebay?

Has good feedback and sold a ton of items. My concern is that a lot of the clubs all have different than stock shafts(at least whats pictured) when advertised as new? Not too mention all the pics are the same and he only seems to sell TM products? Its hard to say also cause I'm looking at older products so not sure of pricing.

I have only bought 2 things off ebay ever so I'm kinda a noob.

Is the seller golfplusevv legit on ebay?? Anyone bought anything from them?

I am new and just seeing this scanning old post. golfplusevv is legit. It's a reputable local golf shop where I am from in Evansville,IN.

Has good feedback and sold a ton of items. My concern is that a lot of the clubs all have different than stock shafts(at least whats pictured) when advertised as new? Not too mention all the pics are the same and he only seems to sell TM products? Its hard to say also cause I'm looking at older products so not sure of pricing.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-the-real-deal&p=504766&viewfull=1#post504766

Thanks DawgDaddy!

Has anyone dealt with B2GolfSales.com or B2GolfSalesUS on eBay? Are they legit? Have great feedback, but just wondered if anyone here has experience with them

yes legit

Just to add my experience: Hurricane golf is totally legit. It should be removed from this list. I purchased a cobra golf amp cell driver. I did my research and they are a completely legit company. I received the driver and registered it with cobra golf and they confirmed it was legit from hurricane golf.

I've made a number of Ebay purchases and so far all has been good and clean. The only time I issued a negative feedback was recently, when I didn't receive delivery or communications on a putter grip I bought. I contacted the gal and she apologized and offered a refund. She said she emailed me, but what she did was post a message in the Shipping/Tracking line. The problem was she sold me the grip without having it in stock. I have since found the same grip (over-sized) from another ebayer, for less money and free shipping. It is on the way. I bought my Ping rapture irons on ebay and Ping verified authenticity. I bought my first Ping Driver from Second Swing, which was also verified. I stopped dealing with Second Swing over a shipping issue similar to the one I had on Ebay (Not is stock).

I will say this about buying from some Ebay "Store" merchants.... you really need to watch the bidding. MANY of them are not beyond bidding up their own items. It is a rampant problem.

Cheers guys, unfortunately I spoke to the bank and there's nothing they can do. I willingly purchased the club. Therefore, the issue is with me and the seller now. Don't think the Sale Of Goods Act relates to stuff bought in China...

I'm going to send them an email to state my intention of broadcasting their fake asses to all and sundry online. All the forums etc See if that gets a reaction.

Irregardless, I'm going to take it out on the range later and bash the crap out of it.

WOW! I'd be changing banks in a hurry. I'd be livid if any of my credit card companies denied my dispute with a purchase. Willingly purchased has nothing to do with being ripped off.

hurricane golf?

hurricane golf?

has anyone ordered from them? are they legit? their prices are great. almost too good to be true on some things. i'm looking at a cobra amp cell driver. $199 just about everywhere. hurricanes price is $149 with free shipping. just wanted some feedback on the place before i pull the trigger.....

we've had many discussion about them on the site. They are legit.

merged with Counterfeit thread

Never ordered from them, but DawgDaddy has posted deals from them, so I trust they are well-vetted.

Just making sure my amp cell hybrid is legit. A magnet doesn't stick to my cell driver but does to my hybrid.
Head seems pretty heavy too.

The Official Counterfeit Thread

Just making sure my amp cell hybrid is legit. A magnet doesn't stick to my cell driver but does to my hybrid.
Head seems pretty heavy too.

Driver is titanium. Hybrid is steel. Titanium is not magnetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Then why does it stick to the titanium plate in my head???

Growing up in Asia made me really weary of counterfeit goods, that why I almost always buy my clubs from golf town / official site (Callaway shop etc). One good way to tell (I used to handle money all the time) is the feel of it - before you buy from Craigslist etc go to golf town and try out the club(s) and have a look at a specific thing and than compare when you see it. For example with money, you can tell through the raised paper feel that can only be made with a specific printing press. I always follow this routine if I'm buying something pricey online. Just me own little 2 cents, hope this helps anyone buying 2nd hand!

Watch out for Ping G20 fakes

Watch out for Ping G20 fakes

Watch out for Ping replicas. I bought "Cheap Ping G20 irons" here: http://www.dotgif.co.uk, and they turned out to be Chinese counterfeits. Right now I'm fighting to get my money back, but it's not easy. The website has moved twice since that, first here: http://www.imagomundi.co.uk and then here: http://www.doyledevere.co.uk/ . I am not saying, that these sell replicas too, but the construction of the pages, FAQ-sections, prices etc. are very much alike:

www.golfclubsunited.co.uk www.sasbah.co.uk www.golfprovider.co.uk
www.eaglegolf.co.uk www.neoplanet.co.uk www.grahamward.co.uk

So beware, friends.

Last edited:
Watch out for Ping replicas. I bought "Cheap Ping G20 irons" here: http://www.dotgif.co.uk, and they turned out to be Chinese counterfeits. Right now I'm fighting to get my money back, but it's not easy. The website has moved twice since that, first here: http://www.imagomundi.co.uk and then here: http://www.doyledevere.co.uk/ . I am not saying, that these sell replicas too, but the construction of the pages, FAQ-sections, prices etc. are very much alike:

www.golfclubsunited.co.uk www.sasbah.co.uk www.golfprovider.co.uk
www.eaglegolf.co.uk www.neoplanet.co.uk www.grahamward.co.uk

So beware, friends.

Sorry to hear and hope all works out. There are some serious red flags with that site though and things I'd look for in the future.

1) No physical address and very vague contact info.
2) Poor English skills
3) Prices are too good to be true on clubs that you really don't see much of a markdown on typically (AP2's)
4) Reused template style websites
5) Inability to process anything other than VISA payments

These websites are everywhere and you wonder how many people out there think they have certain clubs and really are playing with poor attempts to recreate them.

Again, hope all works out. Keep me posted how it goes

Also, is Jacksgolf24 and thegolfmarket legit sellers too? I have bought off in the past, product seems legit but I like to hear other experiences.

Back