The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is with great and deep sadness that I let everyone know of the passing of our rottie Aiden, http://www.esmondrott.com/aiden.htm, who crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. He now joins his brother Mario, mother Bailey and his breeder Ms. Donna Wielert across the rainbow bridge. He joined our household after we had lost Mario, Aiden's brother. He was extremely pampered and fawned over from the day he joined us. Thankfully, we have a king size bed that he shared with us.

'Those of us who surround ourselves with lives more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle that is easily and often breached. Yet knowing this, we still would choose to live no other way.'

Irving Townsend

So sorry to hear it Canio.

Sorry to hear that Canio.

Correct on him as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Well on top of this kid I had a girl stop running today and say her chest hurt. Sent her to nurse and she had a heart rate of 230! She was having a heart attack they called the rescue squad. Principal wants to talk to whole department tomorrow. Hope the girl is okay.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It is with great and deep sadness that I let everyone know of the passing of our rottie Aiden, http://www.esmondrott.com/aiden.htm, who crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. He now joins his brother Mario, mother Bailey and his breeder Ms. Donna Wielert across the rainbow bridge. He joined our household after we had lost Mario, Aiden's brother. He was extremely pampered and fawned over from the day he joined us. Thankfully, we have a king size bed that he shared with us.

'Those of us who surround ourselves with lives more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle that is easily and often breached. Yet knowing this, we still would choose to live no other way.'

Irving Townsend
So sorry to hear this..

Well on top of this kid I had a girl stop running today and say her chest hurt. Sent her to nurse and she had a heart rate of 230! She was having a heart attack they called the rescue squad. Principal wants to talk to whole department tomorrow. Hope the girl is okay.

Wow that is insane, any prior history that you know of?

Wow that is insane, any prior history that you know of?
She was not my student but I don't think there was any prior history her teacher said she didn't know of anything in the girl history she was doing fine to our very last round

She was not my student but I don't think there was any prior history her teacher said she didn't know of anything in the girl history she was doing fine to our very last round

Scary stuff man. Always better to be safe than sorry in these situations. Hope they are both o.k.

Scary stuff man. Always better to be safe than sorry in these situations. Hope they are both o.k.
Thanks man I am trying to think if the workout was to hard but don't think it was at all. Hoping she is okay and maybe my workout uncovered a problem that maybe she didn't know she had. And now they can get it fixed sooner than later

So sorry to hear, Canio. I remember when you posted about Mario.

​I called a customer a "Dick Head" today over the phone when I accidentally called the wrong number.:dohanim:

definitely not a rant, but an update to a previous post of mine. mold inspection report came back and they said in their professional opinion we did not need to seek professional remediation. it sounds like i could stand to replace my plenums (no idea what that costs or if it's feasible), but it's great to know that we don't need to do anything right now. massive relief on my end right now! :dance:

Thats great news

concussions affect people different and effects can linger. Some struggle with symptoms for a long time. Crosby missed significant amount of time a few years ago because of concussion symptoms.

i get where you are coming from and it's possible the kid is milking it but IMO recovery from brain injuries should be taken seriously
I agree with you on these points. Still, a soft fall on a padded floor by someone wearing a helmet leading to 2.5 months of symptoms does seem unusual.

Irving Townsend
I'm really sorry. Losing a four legged family member is the big suck.

Last day to make corrections to employee's records before everything gets sent to the IRS. You know, this wouldn't be so bad if all these agencies didn't wait until the last minutes to do the crap they should have been doing throughout the course of the year(or they could just not make mistakes over and over, but who are we kidding?), leaving me the last half of the last day to go over all your crap and redo everything you still did wrong. People are going to get incorrect W2s because someone can't be bothered to respond to my emails, or fax a social security card, or take care of a problem instead of putting it off.

We have been short handed at work, and they have taken the outside salesman out of my store to help out elsewhere. So me, being the good soldier I am, have dropped off orders before opening the store. This morning, while putting stuff in my car to do just that, my door closed a bit when I was leaning over to get the equipment - turned to put the equipment in my car and BAM! Busted my nose right over the bridge. Bled like a SOB, but I made the del'y!

I assume you mean the tire pressure sensors? I had a warning light on in my Subaru this morning for low tire pressure as well. The car was driving fine, and I was running a little late, so I just drove to work. I thought it was just because it was so cold outside, but I'm not looking forward to trying to put air in the tires this afternoon if the sensor is still on.

It actually turns out that the pressure was low in all 4 tires. Glad I went to the gas station after work yesterday.

So I have a student who fell on September 20 something when we were skating in the gym on a rubber floor. He did not fall hard but did hit his head, he did have his helmet on. The next week he came in with a doctors note saying he had a concussion. I thought it seemed a little strange since he did not fall hard but I am no doctor. It is now January and the kids has not done P.E because he still has symptoms according to the doctor and his mom. He wears sunglasses all day and reads his books. He may really have stuff going on or his mom may just be getting him out of P.E because he does not like it but man that is a long time. NFL players don't have symptoms that long. Just needed to vent, have a good day all.

Also can't compare duration of concussion symptoms in adults to the symptoms in children. The large majority of kids with concussions are symptom-free after 7-10 days, but some can take months to fully recover.

If it's a kid, it's probably supraventricular tachycardia, not a heart attack. Still scary, but not as severe as a heart attack.

If it's a kid, it's probably supraventricular tachycardia, not a heart attack. Still scary, but not as severe as a heart attack.
Yeah, that sounds way less scary...

It actually turns out that the pressure was low in all 4 tires. Glad I went to the gas station after work yesterday.

Also can't compare duration of concussion symptoms in adults to the symptoms in children. The large majority of kids with concussions are symptom-free after 7-10 days, but some can take months to fully recover.

I'm glad you know those big words because that is what the nurse was telling us this morning in our meeting. Girl is doing fine still at hospital for observation. Parents came to meeting and they were not mad bit glad it happened when she was with us and not out playing somewhere with her friends

This = 2 hour school delay. WTH?
78b9531f299174d87fbd7c67b2243d3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This = 2 hour school delay. WTH?
78b9531f299174d87fbd7c67b2243d3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That patch of snow looks pretty dangerous.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back