The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't win the powerball. What a crock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't win the powerball. What a crock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's rigged I tell you

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Like the kid at high school prom who won the Audi his parents donated to the prom committee. (I'm still bitter. )

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yea I don't get it. I purchased 2 tickets and didn't match a single number. That's 2 more tickets than i normally buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I don't get it. I purchased 2 tickets and didn't match a single number. That's 2 more tickets than i normally buy.

LOL...We started buying 2 ($4) a few months back. On Tuesday morning I bought them while getting gas and decided to splurge and bouth 5 tickets ($10) yeah, like that really increased my odds....ha

Sitting in the ER with my father right now, he called me this morning to ask if I could bring him in *tomorrow*. Turns out he's been having major problems with the knee he had replaced 22 years ago, this morning when he collapsed from the pain he though it just might be time to get it looked at. But he didn't want to bother me, the stubborn bugger.

Crossing my fingers they take him soon, we've been here 45 mins so far.

My wife was in a car accident last June while I was deployed, and they determined it was her fault. After the initial claims stuff, I hadn't heard from anyone regarding the claim until this morning. Apparently the driver of one of the other cars (2 other cars involved) broke her arm so she lawyered up. Never mind the fact she had already been harassing my wife post-accident literally trying to shake her down for money, but the claims rep told me she 'expects the case to be settled under $100,000' and of course anything over that will come out of my pocket.

WTF.

I have 24,000 miles on my 65,000 mile Bridgestone tires and I'm being told I need new ones. Firestone gave me the talk about inspecting the tires and made it sound like they will look for ways to void the warranty. To say I am unhappy would be a mild understatement.

I have 24,000 miles on my 65,000 mile Bridgestone tires and I'm being told I need new ones. Firestone gave me the talk about inspecting the tires and made it sound like they will look for ways to void the warranty. To say I am unhappy would be a mild understatement.

Same thing was said to me, they said I have to prove they were rotated every 5000 miles or the warranty is void

My computer keeps getting a blue screen with a sad face that says it's run into a problem and must restart. After the 4th time in a row doing that I shut it down hoping that might help. I am afraid to turn it back on.

Same thing was said to me, they said I have to prove they were rotated every 5000 miles or the warranty is void

I've had them rotated every time the oil was changed. Good luck to me proving it. I can see where this is headed. It means I will be done with Bridgestone tires and Firestone for life.

My computer keeps getting a blue screen with a sad face that says it's run into a problem and must restart. After the 4th time in a row doing that I shut it down hoping that might help. I am afraid to turn it back on.

Have you ran check disk on it?

Sadly, this is the way they all are. What kind of vehicle were they on?

Tire warranties are borderline pointless because they can void them for just about anything they want. The fine print on most the "contracts" is laughable. However, I completely get it from the tire companies side as well. People rarely take care of their tires and just want to blame the company.

Not saying that's you T4K. Just speaking in general. My family owned and operated tire stores for over 30 years. It's unreal the stories I'll hear about some people.

I would avoid Firestone though. They're a terrible company the few times I dealt with them

Go with Hankooks they are by far the best P metric tires out there for regular old passenger cars.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You may have to boot up and get into repair mode and boot from a previous save point.

$100k for a broken arm.......and we wonder why insurance premiums are high....

My wife was in a car accident last June while I was deployed, and they determined it was her fault. After the initial claims stuff, I hadn't heard from anyone regarding the claim until this morning. Apparently the driver of one of the other cars (2 other cars involved) broke her arm so she lawyered up. Never mind the fact she had already been harassing my wife post-accident literally trying to shake her down for money, but the claims rep told me she 'expects the case to be settled under $100,000' and of course anything over that will come out of my pocket.

WTF.

$100k for a broken arm.......and we wonder why insurance premiums are high....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this didn't sound right....

Go with Hankooks they are by far the best P metric tires out there for regular old passenger cars.

I've had great success with Hankooks so far. 1 set of snow tires, 1 set of performance all season and 1 set of lower end all season. All three sets have been quiet, reliable and held up well

I've had great success with Hankooks so far. 1 set of snow tires, 1 set of performance all season and 1 set of lower end all season. All three sets have been quiet, reliable and held up well
Their warranty program if unreal as well. I've had them warranty tires they could have easily denied.

Great company all around.

. Never mind the fact she had already been harassing my wife post-accident literally trying to shake her down for money, but the claims rep told me she 'expects the case to be settled under $100,000' and of course anything over that will come out of my pocket. WTF.

That is just crazy. It was an accident. Thank goodness up here we have insurance that protects us from stuff like that happening. I hate the higher insurance rates we pay, but it guards against having to pay out of pocket to settle claims like that. (I might be a rich rich man otherwise with the number of times I have been rear-ended recently though).

Edit: there's a bunch of wasted verbage but I just looked and its 300k per person so I guess you're not that far off.

Insurance is a joke.

At the risk of sounding rude this sounds like some seriously janky insurance.

Who's your provider? I know we're covered up to at least a million dollars. That is just run of the mill Allstate.

It's USAA. Bodily injury coverage is $100K/$300K per person, per accident respectively. As long as it's settled under $100K it will be fine, but something doesn't seem right about the situation...

It's USAA. Bodily injury coverage is $100K/$300K per person, per accident respectively. As long as it's settled under $100K it will be fine, but something doesn't seem right about the situation...
Yep.

You can thank lawyers.

Now they will also drop you or raise your rates. 100% legit.

I have dealt with plenty of situations like this, the reason he said just under 100k is Insurance companies and lawyers will settle up up right around policy limits to avoid going to trial

Insurance has become a legal scam and most who run it at the top are borderline criminals and should be treated as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back