The One Thing You'd Like to Change About Golf Where You Live

Prices around here got jacked and for the most part have stayed jacked. I would like to see them get back to normal, but I don't think that will happen. I know a local course jacked their price and there are plenty of tee times as people are just going elsewhere.

I struggle to see the wisdom in that. I would think you would want as many golfers on the course as you can get with paying Tee times. I know one course me and a buddy played last winter is almost double this winter, so we haven't played it once this winter and last winter we were booked at least once every couple weeks.

All the courses near me are all struggling with membership and because of that they don't have the budget to keep up the course as much. It's the story of most courses. So, I'd change the membership cost to tier them by age. The thing is, golfers like myself who are in their early 40's and have kids around 10 to 15, we don't have a lot of extra income to cover the higher cost of membership. So, I'd have a Jr membership for the under 25 range, then tier up to 55....and then back down thru 70
My local 9 hole course jacked our membership up 200 this year. Although not the end of the world, the problem is I can join a course that is 15 minutes further out that is an 18 hole course that offers a much nicer and quality layout for only 125 more per year as they offer a singles membership.

My local course offers no options for seniors, singles, weekly, etc. - same price for all. I did rejoin primarily because it was only 15 minutes from me and I know a few guys there, but next year may be a different story for me.

In my immediate area, more courses and improved quality, or quality to match the price. One course is a township course, for a non resident/member its like $75+ when other publics are just 40-50.

My immediate home course needs a good bit of work, specifically the tee boxes. Its a decently challenging course so I like that aspect

I either want less golfers playing or an additional course in our area. We have 4 courses in our city that are absolutely packed and unless you are one of the first groups out the pace of play is miserable. It's to the point that it actually kills the fun of the game some. It also makes it tough to get my kids out to play.

Not sure i can change much about the weather in my area, but i would like more of the municipal courses to have a back nine.

Feel fortunate that i feel there are some affordable local choices close by.

A legitimate locals rate/card.

most courses have a locals rate..... but it’s usually 5-10$ from their rack rate. Kind of ridiculous. Most are priced for tourists (well over 65$ during peak season) and don’t really offer locals a better rate. Just annoying haha

Something to do from October through March. For example, put up a pole barn with a few simulators. Then they could keep the bar and restaurant open as well.

Would like a great outdoor practice facility. Tony Romo's dad built one in Racine WI last year that is fantastic with heated bays and 2 trackman simulators inside!

Less busy haha. Tee times especially this past year were pretty difficult to get at times and seemingly always slow unless you were one of the first ones out.

Would like a great outdoor practice facility. Tony Romo's dad built one in Racine WI last year that is fantastic with heated bays and 2 trackman simulators inside!

I was thinking about going over to Top Golf 20 minutes from my house tomorrow with the high temperature forecasted at -6. I wanted to see how busy it is on such a cold day but I'm guessing Valentine's day might not be their busiest day anyway, lol. There's a golf dome 1.5 miles from my house which is packed all winter but I haven't been there since last year.

I was thinking about going over to Top Golf 20 minutes from my house tomorrow with the high temperature forecasted at -6. I wanted to see how busy it is on such a cold day but I'm guessing Valentine's day might not be their busiest day anyway, lol. There's a golf dome 1.5 miles from my house which is packed all winter but I haven't been there since last year.

Topgolf in Brooklyn Center?

Topgolf in Brooklyn Center?

Yep. I've been here since 2018 and I've only been there twice with my daughters but both times were in January and they were busy.

I'd like it to be less expensive for a single round. We have a few courses around here, but unless you purchase a yearly golf package to one course, the cost of rotating from course to course, and paying daily rates, is pretty high, especially considering that we're not talking world-class courses, or courses in excellent shape.

Better practice facilities.

We are fortunate to have a good selection of public courses with reasonable rates. The only problem I have is the nicer courses are booked solid when the weather is nice. I get a tired of playing nice courses during the winter and retreating to cheaper courses during the summer. If the crowds were a bit lighter and the pace a little quicker I’d have no problem paying the extra coin.

More nice public courses in central San Diego. There are a ton of nice privates here that are out of my price range but not many publics. We have Torrey which is amazing and a couple others but demand has way outpaced supply and tee times are very hard to come by. We are actually losing a course in the next year or two so heading in the wrong direction. There’s some nice public’s on the outskirts of the county but they are mostly a 45-60 min drive. Doubt we ever see a new course so we’re hoping to make the numbers work for a private club in the coming years.

More options to play. My town has two courses. One public and one private. There are more options if we're willing to drive up to an hour. But who likes to drive an hour down the freeway after 5 hours of golf?

We used to have two courses. But the University of Merced ended one. There was a fight over something called fairy shrimp. The environmentalists filed suit saying the proposed site to build the university would take away the habitat of fairy shrimp. The golf course nearby was the only option they could come up with. So they took it out and built the university. Now we only have one public course. The private one is member only. You can only join if someone sells their membership for thousands of dollars and a monthly fee.

Perhaps you should stay in Minnesota. As for Hole-in the Wall I think it is "by invitation" only.

Price during winter. Visitors come to town and us locals get priced out. Summer rolls around and then they are begging for local business.

Yep.... similar to here.

Pull some England top 100 courses into my area!
England has 14 of the world's top 100 courses of which none are within 3 hours drive of me.
To really bring the point home there isn't a single England top 100 course in my county! Probably one of the only counties like that.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

1. The DC area sorely needs courses which have conditions worth their green fee...The closer you get to $100 the expectations grow.
2. Pairing up and foursomes should be the norm. Slow play is the norm. Rangers need to fix this. There are a few courses known for their slow play issues, I refuse to play there.
3. Fix your damn pitch marks.
4. Leave you ego in the parking lot. Most of us shouldn't be anywhere near the tips...or the Blues, for that.

A picture is worth 1,000 words as they say
20201225_082357.jpg

Back