The Perfect Golf Bag Top Design?

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
The PGA Show thread got me thinking about what the perfect top of a golf bag looks like.

This isn’t a 14 Way thread, 14 way is out. I think the perfect top has been staring me in the face the whole time, and I just didn’t know it. See below ⬇️:

IMG_1664.jpeg
On the left, we have a Vessel with a 4 Way top design, I like this bag but I don’t like the sticking of getting the clubs in and out at times.

On the right, we have an Ogio with a 6 Way top + a putter well. I think this might be the perfect bag top configuration.

The 6 Way with a separate putter well is just so easy to deal with. I think more companies should go this route.

Thoughts?

Edit: If you have a top design that you really like, post a pic in here, I’d like to see what people are working with.

Last edited:
Six ways are fantastic. A bag should always be at least five way. I can deal with four but it’s not even close to the best way to do it

five way top is elite if the top is open, not the bottom.

Four way top is strong as well, but it can't be the standard plus sign style. Has to be big top, double middle, big bottom.

• Staff
Six ways are fantastic. A bag should always be at least five way. I can deal with four but it’s not even close to the best way to do it
The Ogio is a Cirrus and I think that the design was ahead of its time.

• Staff
five way top is elite if the top is open, not the bottom.

Four way top is strong as well, but it can't be the standard plus sign style. Has to be big top, double middle, big bottom.
What about separate putter well, I think that is what makes the Ogio elite.

• Staff
I like a 6-way but I don't think I need a separate putter well to boot.

What about separate putter well, I think that is what makes the Ogio elite.
I've adjusted my perspective when using a mallet to being satisfied with a separate putter well.

If using a blade, the ONLY option is a wide top for driver and putter so you can put the bottom of the headcover into the slot.

And that’s an Ogio too right, Ogio is on to something.
Yeah. They kinda fudged it with the new woode style. The base of the putter cover fit so perfectly in this one. And you still had all woods/hybrids seperate.

5 way is the best and I do not like the putter well option. Dont need

I think a 9 way top would be best.

At least we can all agree 6-ways are by far the worst style

At least we can all agree 6-ways are by far the worst style
The bag I like here is a 6 Way + Putter Well. I think it’s what I would go with if I were a bag designer.

5 way is perfect.

Edited first post to ask for pictures of top designs y’all really like.

The Ogio is a Cirrus and I think that the design was ahead of its time.
I think I have that Ogio Cirrus bag. 6 plus puttter well. I liked the idea behind the design but the middle compartments got really tight and I kept getting club tangle in those specific areas.
So wanted to like it but the club tangle drove me nuts.

I think I have that Ogio Cirrus bag. 6 plus puttter well. I liked the idea behind the design but the middle compartments got really tight and I kept getting club tangle in those specific areas.
So wanted to like it but the club tangle drove me nuts.
I think it depends on how you utilize this notch in the middle section ⬇️

IMG_1666.jpeg
Pull the 7 and 8 over and it becomes easy to get in and out.

Back