The Perfect Sandwich?

I almost forgot a sandwich a friend(or rather his sous chef)made custom for me(he was an executive chef for a high end steak house in Manhattan). We were putzin’ around in the kitchen one night and he asks me if I’d like a lobster grilled cheese sandwich. So I’m like he!! yeah. They use a mix of aged gruyere, white cheddar and some other French cheese along with truffles. Trying to push my luck, I asked if he can could put some of their house cured thick cut bacon on it, and he goes why not!
Also decided to whip me up a side of Parmesan truffle fries. Needless to say, I’m forever grateful, one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had.

Shout out for the hot chicken sandwich from Miller’s All Day in Charleston

millers_all_day-9.jpg

Turkey&Ham triple decker Monte Cristo, or a Rosbif au jus

Montreal smoked meat
Bacon
Pulled pork
Smoked Gouda
Romaine lettuce
Red onion
Tomato
Salt&pepper
Keans hot mustard
Rye bread.

A high quantity corn beef stacked high on toasted (buttered) rye...served within seconds....also regular yellow mustard, no Dijon sh*t!

Four pages in and nobody said it yet? Fine, I'll be the smartass.
A hot dog.

Hahha.
But sadly the two pieces of bread necessary for this list, keep that one off.

My more serious answer:
Rye bread, smoked ham and/or smoked turkey, extra sharp cheddar, spicy mustard

I am a fairly plain guy.

• White Bread (Toasted)
  • Roast Beef
  • Turkey
  • Bacon
  • White American Cheese
  • Lettuce
  • Mayo

Idk how perfect it is, but every so often I need to get a tuna sub made with jalapenos. Just a simple taste preference for me.

A good, large, thick Club Sandwich with copious amounts of turkey, ham, bacon, pepper jack, tomatoes, mayo, purple onions, b&b pickles, all on toasted sour dough bread makes a great sandwich. A little Ranch dipping sauce on the side is not a bad thing either.

we had a thread about that. nothing was decided. i say it is.

For the purpose of this one, it is as long as it comes with two pieces of bread

IDGAF what it is.....I like all sorts of different sammiches

My happy sandwich...

Whole grain sandwich bread
Ham
Cheese
Mayo

I love going to deli's and trying different sandwiches but at home it's always a simple ham & cheese.

Every now and then the guys bring sandwiches in to work. One of my favorites is:

Ham slices
Goat Cheese
Avocado
Jalapeno slices
mayo
Choose your favorite bread

I also love a good ruben or cuban sandwich. Done well they are awesome.

one of my favorites is from a deli chain called too jay’s. roast beef, turkey, swiss cheese, coleslaw (on the sweeter side), russian dressing, on good rye bread. get some extra russian dressing on the side for dipping. so good.

i also love a really good po boy. fried crawfish is probably my favorite for it, but it works with a lot of shellfish. as long as the bread is fresh and a little crispy, the seafood is fresh, the breading is light and just barely but not too crispy, and the remoulade is good, i’m happy.

i also used to crush some schlotzkys turkey original back in the day. i don’t remember exactly what was on it but man it was good.

For the purpose of this one, it is as long as it comes with two pieces of bread
So does that eliminate most subs? Most places around here don’t cut the sub roll all the way through so they open up like a hot dog bun

Chili Burger with Cheese and Onion.

So does that eliminate most subs? Most places around here don’t cut the sub roll all the way through so they open up like a hot dog bun

Depends on the sub I would say. You could make it yourself of course and slice straight through.

My very simple perfect sandwich is as follows....

White bread
Good butter
Sliced white icicle radishes
That's it !

I don't know if there is a perfect sandwich because you can do so many awesome things, but I will go with the best I ever had:

A grilled ham and cheese with:
rustic sourdough loaded with butter, honey baked ham, sharp Wisconsin cheddar and sliced granny smith apples in the middle. The tart and crunchy of the granny smith in the middle of the hot sandwich just made it amazing. Pretty sure they made it open faced and then added the apples right before they closed it up so they didn't soften up.

Also, this is not a sandwich that gets better with time, like a really good PB&J, so think it is out of the perfect category.
I'm trying that this weekend. It sounds delicious.

I'm trying that this weekend. It sounds delicious.

The place went out of business and I think I need to try it myself. I am trying to remember if there was anything else on it because it was just so damn good.

Depends on the sub I would say. You could make it yourself of course and slice straight through.
But sometimes if I overload my hot dog with too much relish, kraut or onion, the bun will fall apart into 2 halves therefore making it a sandwich?

Back