Status
Not open for further replies.
fe16e99f571353157113b4194c0060cc.jpg

Somebody went and saw santa this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we got the call back on Dakota from his blood work tonight. The vet said everything looked really good but he did have a high white blood cell count which she said she would attribute to the infection in his abscessed teeth. So fingers crossed she's right and it's not from something else. A little talking and we also got his appointment to have the dental work done moved up from Tuesday 12/27 to this Thursday. Just need to get him through the next couple days comfortably and fingers crossed after the dental work and a little recovery time he'll be good as new.

Sounds like good news Jimmy. Praying Dakota will be on the road to recovery soon

And I am knocked out!!
abad93f8b260400ba7ac6514f74c9e43.jpg

Thats great news Jimmy, hope it all goes well.

Great news Jimmy! I'm hoping for the best

Well we got the call back on Dakota from his blood work tonight. The vet said everything looked really good but he did have a high white blood cell count which she said she would attribute to the infection in his abscessed teeth. So fingers crossed she's right and it's not from something else. A little talking and we also got his appointment to have the dental work done moved up from Tuesday 12/27 to this Thursday. Just need to get him through the next couple days comfortably and fingers crossed after the dental work and a little recovery time he'll be good as new.

Glad to hear, Jimmy!

10233703deb93c1d2402f7fb0f88c266.jpg

Our other baby, always smiling

So some good news today. The mass is much smaller on xray now, so it may have been pneumonia after all and the antibiotics are working. There are some new concerns with his liver. His enzymes are very high and the liver is enlarged. He also has some heart issues that we already knew about. But the fear of cancer is gone. We are so relieved, thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers!

Well, this sucks. My wife just called after some more tests on the dog. His liver is even larger now than it was two weeks ago. There is a clear mass on the liver and it is definitely cancer. Very aggressive too I'm afraid. The vet said he probably has another month or so with us. This is horrible news.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Here is a recent picture of our sometimes-not-so-sweet boy.

003adbb8cba1c780f8bfd7ec92690f24.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well, this sucks. My wife just called after some more tests on the dog. His liver is even larger now than it was two weeks ago. There is a clear mass on the liver and it is definitely cancer. Very aggressive too I'm afraid. The vet said he probably has another month or so with us. This is horrible news.

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers with you guys.

So sorry to hear this, DG. T&Ps

Sorry to hear bud. I know the feeling all too well. Thoughts and prayers my friend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sorry o hear dartgod, hang in there buddy

So sorry DG. Such a handsome pup!

Thoughts and prayers for you guys.

JM

Sorry to hear. Cancer in dog's seems so sad. They don't know what's going on. Here is Charlie to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. He is everyone's friend. :)

Charlie%202116%20Christmas_zpsyvlvyslj.jpg

Best wishes dartgod.

I told Jacqui if this one is still available when we get back from California at the end of January, we're getting her.

Looks like we may be adding a cat to our family. We stopped at PetValu to get my dad's dogs some Christmas cookies and there was a really cute cat there. My son and wife fell in love. I'd rather have a dog, but cats can be cool sometimes. We'll see what the adoption place says about our application.

Pz35bin.jpg

Two months ago we had to put down our 14 year old Cocker. Today is a better day. Meet Lady, our new 3 year old rescue Cocker.

We think she has some Brittney in her. Runs like the wind and LOVES to play fetch and catch.

Finding Beckett in nee hiding places lately. This one was different:

493509094d1af401520de1df7052816f.jpg

4 years ago today we brought this guy home.
31a8b7224d975bdc5a68654913cae473.jpg

The Pets Thread

Here's Enos about to be napping on the couch.

1dae2ee5ac0a5d76a8ed8683e34cd6ba.jpg

And Kane on the other end of the couch. He's about 115 lbs now. He's big, getting thicker by the day and the wolf is in his attitude! He will definitely protect his family. Loves us to death. Whenever someone he doesn't know comes around, I pity the fool!

06782bdfb6323b955fb13a7286a7796f.jpg

d46c4ab3206d492daa1ce0afd3f040d5.jpg

Looks like we may be adding a cat to our family. We stopped at PetValu to get my dad's dogs some Christmas cookies and there was a really cute cat there. My son and wife fell in love. I'd rather have a dog, but cats can be cool sometimes. We'll see what the adoption place says about our application.
Well, didn't happen. The agency adopted it out this morning. My wife is so upset. Of course it is my fault because all I wanted to do last night was sleep on the couch and not fill out the adoption application. Oh well. I'm sure there will be another one that comes along that she likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back