Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear Jimmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried avoiding posting in here for awhile because I was trying to stay as positive as I could but here's what I posted on my Facebook.

Dakota,
I'm writing this as you lay on lap sleeping for the last time tonight, because I've heard it helps to write your thoughts down. I don't think there's anything that could help mend my broken heart right now. You've been the best/easiest dog anyone could ask for, for almost 11 years now. I only hope that I gave you enough love while you were here. Tomorrow will be the hardest day of my life and we both know I've been through a lot. I've been dreading making this decision for a very long time, but I promised myself I would not be selfish and hang onto you longer than I should just for my benefit. I trusted you to tell me when it was time and I truly believe you have. I can see it in your eyes and on your face. I can see how exhausted you are all the time and that you're ready. I just wish I was ready with you, but I know I would never be ready. People always say to love you and think about the good times I've had with you but I never imagined how hard this would be. I just have to remind myself it's never goodbye only I'll see you later. I'm dreading my alarm going off tomorrow morning if I even sleep tonight because I know what it's going to mean. I hope that I've given you the best life you could have ever wanted. Some people say that you're just a dog, but you're much more than that to me. You were my first dog, not just a family pet, but my dog and you've been much more than a dog. You've been my family for almost 11 years. I remember reading a story about why dogs don't live as long as humans and that's because they don't need as long to learn how to love. You've given me nothing but love. I'll never forget you or replace you. I'll get more dogs but none of them will be a replacement for you, you will always be apart of me. I love you Dakota.

So sorry to hear this. Best wishes from both of us.

Tried avoiding posting in here for awhile because I was trying to stay as positive as I could but here's what I posted on my Facebook.

Dakota,
I'm writing this as you lay on lap sleeping for the last time tonight, because I've heard it helps to write your thoughts down. I don't think there's anything that could help mend my broken heart right now. You've been the best/easiest dog anyone could ask for, for almost 11 years now. I only hope that I gave you enough love while you were here. Tomorrow will be the hardest day of my life and we both know I've been through a lot. I've been dreading making this decision for a very long time, but I promised myself I would not be selfish and hang onto you longer than I should just for my benefit. I trusted you to tell me when it was time and I truly believe you have. I can see it in your eyes and on your face. I can see how exhausted you are all the time and that you're ready. I just wish I was ready with you, but I know I would never be ready. People always say to love you and think about the good times I've had with you but I never imagined how hard this would be. I just have to remind myself it's never goodbye only I'll see you later. I'm dreading my alarm going off tomorrow morning if I even sleep tonight because I know what it's going to mean. I hope that I've given you the best life you could have ever wanted. Some people say that you're just a dog, but you're much more than that to me. You were my first dog, not just a family pet, but my dog and you've been much more than a dog. You've been my family for almost 11 years. I remember reading a story about why dogs don't live as long as humans and that's because they don't need as long to learn how to love. You've given me nothing but love. I'll never forget you or replace you. I'll get more dogs but none of them will be a replacement for you, you will always be apart of me. I love you Dakota.

e55188da8172d1274c082e0d69b11df8.jpg

4781c663a3d78758cbfd65e208b60edc.jpg

991b20a81de2e751635b7ec1b4c23c2d.jpg

95905d1d7da4d8e15184e31093dc465d.jpg
Well everyone I must apologize. I'm kind of at a loss and not really sure what to think. We arrived and the vet this morning knowing it was time to say goodbye to Dakota, but the vet he saw (the first time he has seen this Dr.) had other ideas. It's really tough to know how to think because he's seen 3 vets and none of them really have the same diagnosis on what is going on. The vet today wants to do further testing before we make the ultimate decision. Like I said I'm not exactly sure how to feel, because I know my dog better than they do, but at a time like that of course I'm going to want to do anything possible. Again I apologize for my post last night for jumping the gun, but I had decided he told me it was time, but with the emotions I had going this morning I guess we thought otherwise. Now it's time to be hopeful for the best and that we get much more time with him than expected. Thank you for all the kind words last night it means a lot.

Well everyone I must apologize. I'm kind of at a loss and not really sure what to think. We arrived and the vet this morning knowing it was time to say goodbye to Dakota, but the vet he saw (the first time he has seen this Dr.) had other ideas. It's really tough to know how to think because he's seen 3 vets and none of them really have the same diagnosis on what is going on. The vet today wants to do further testing before we make the ultimate decision. Like I said I'm not exactly sure how to feel, because I know my dog better than they do, but at a time like that of course I'm going to want to do anything possible. Again I apologize for my post last night for jumping the gun, but I had decided he told me it was time, but with the emotions I had going this morning I guess we thought otherwise. Now it's time to be hopeful for the best and that we get much more time with him than expected. Thank you for all the kind words last night it means a lot.

Jimmy, never apologize for loving Dakota!! We got you buddy! I hope this works out well for your guys!

No apology necessary. I hope this vet is on to something really good.

Jimmy, hope is always good. So let's hope this vet will help Dakota where others couldn't. T&Ps.

Must have been the steak he had last night. Steak makes things better!

Continued best wishes to you all. Hope Dakota is with you for a long time more!

The Pets Thread

Jimmy there's no apologies necessary. I've been through the same thing it's good that you got doctors who are willing to tell you that there's a chance And you can have mentally prepared for the worst so have some renewed optimism and hope that maybe science and the doctors will be able to provide you and your dog some more memories to share

Jimmy there's no apologies necessary. I've been through the same thing it's good that you got doctors who are willing to tell you that there's a chance And you can have mentally prepared for the worst so have some renewed optimism and hope that maybe science and the doctors will be able to provide you and your dog some more memories to share
I appreciate that Fup. It means a lot. Just a bit of a roller coaster over the past 2 days.

My cat this morning, DGAF

a276b7f29a968120c5969da673e66395.jpg

My sister sent me this yesterday while I was in NYC:

e790a0057508bd4e7b4b3e7078a35681.jpg

He loves Burger King …

Jimmy - the last couple of minutes I've been both sad and happy for you bro as I got caught up on everything. Hang in there and don't apologize for sharing honest feelings. Sending up some prayers for a positive set of results buddy.

Be vewey vewey quiet. I'm hunting squirwells.

115de83c595cb93b1a85b8be56f15512.jpg

Wife's mom's dog has been staying with us for the last couple months. She's grown quite fond of me and will pretty much go out of her way to be near.

Yep.

48ff11821e31e5b303e3b370734bb8cb.jpg

Ten minutes later....

7aa8594cf67110a613ceef5affea03e9.jpg

dba5ba229b816a1373e4ca8c982760ec.jpg

Poor guy just wants peace and quiet from the twins haha. Luckily they can't climb up on the couch...yet

I have a 7 year old quarter horse named Beckham, like the soccer player. He stands at 15.3 and still growing.

53b2a83d8772a5f2ec8677071ea69fa1.jpg

Chillin' with a couple of buddies

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Cartoon artwork Arrow

921e98a9ab0b54177a8b02e1e86a84db.jpg

The pup was hanging out bored, I think this is my favorite new picture of her

dae39c052df5b112e5a857441b934fa2.jpg

Probably could have put this in the rant of the day thread, but for all of us dog owners, can commercials/tv shows please stop having smoke detectors go off loudly on them. Man it makes my dog start shaking and freak out. Newest culprit is that Amazon echo commercial. Ugh.

Probably could have put this in the rant of the day thread, but for all of us dog owners, can commercials/tv shows please stop having smoke detectors go off loudly on them. Man it makes my dog start shaking and freak out. Newest culprit is that Amazon echo commercial. Ugh.
At least yours doesn't bark at every doorbell on the TV as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tired pup tonight.

d6199e331362317fcdf4c4615f33eb1b.jpg

And his sister

1bddbb4eadabbf7934c5226c1d89dd35.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back