The Portillos Appreciation Thread

Now this thread brings back memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've come close to making what i think is a pretty solid chocolate cake shake.

the first one we did blended the cake into the shake, but the second time we mashed up the cake first then just folded it in. that was the better way to do it. though i would gladly drink either right now. damn they're so good.

I was in Scottsdale the other week visiting some friends and of course, went to Portillo's on more than one occasion. They have tamales on the menu - wth?

Was watching a Gabriel Iglesias stand up routine, and he starts talking about ordering a chocolate cake shake.

I had missed the intro of the bit, heard the cake shake part, and said to the wife "Portillos?" She had no idea how I could know about it.......

Thanks to this thread.

Cant be in Chicago and not go...

5728b3041ba1b356a1aeddd89b37e213.jpg

8f1f6d2be868c591dc032095ff0c7599.jpg

No cheese fries?

No cheese fries?

Not today. Did get to watch both my daughters try the cake shake for the first time though. They have now found the true meaning of paradise. Dont think they will let me take it back

Not today. Did get to watch both my daughters try the cake shake for the first time though. They have now found the true meaning of paradise. Dont think they will let me take it back

Did they sing the old song from the Cosby stand up “dad is great, he gives us chocolate cake”.

Although in today’s climate his comedy is less funny.

Did they sing the old song from the Cosby stand up “dad is great, he gives us chocolate cake”.

Although in today’s climate his comedy is less funny.

Thats pretty much exactly what happened. I was a hero....until I asked for it back. Photo evidence of the 2 year olds reaction to that...

cdd9a51c0088311c59a0b4cb995f9f1d.jpg

519226ce41f9ae85b851fd47edbba3bd.jpg

Oh man some Portillo's sounds so good. Is GolferGal going to allow you to have a cake shake?

Is that the one on Clark street? I was standing in that exact spot at this time yesterday. Sorry to have missed you.

No sir. Willowbrook location.

Oh man some Portillo's sounds so good. Is GolferGal going to allow you to have a cake shake?

She said no before our content shooting since it will be several hours long

I will be in Chicago towards the end of January. A chocolate cake shake is already on my "to do" list.

She said no before our content shooting since it will be several hours long

The sweep was several hours long, we didn’t say no.

Look what you could get away with when she wasn’t there.

802ff200155ba6c9d63f9e248959e1fc.jpg

The sweep was several hours long, we didn’t say no.

Look what you could get away with when she wasn’t there.

802ff200155ba6c9d63f9e248959e1fc.jpg

I know, right?

Not getting to try one of those Chocolate Cake Shakes was my one regret from the Arizona trip.

Makes sense as to why there is no one there.

Honestly, after this last trip to Chicago, I'd be very happy to never see the inside of the Clark Street location again. Too many idiotic tourists.

The staff is rude (probably because they don't like tourists) and they never get your order correct.

And I have never seen so many people struggle with the concept of a revolving door.
No sir. Willowbrook location.

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

Not getting to try one of those Chocolate Cake Shakes was my one regret from the Arizona trip.

the hype doesn't come close to how glorious these really are

There's one about 45 minutes from me. Ima have to go check out the chocolate cake shake. For some reason I opted for the Strawberry shake in Scottsdale.

Oh man so jealous!

I could use some chocolate cake shake today.

Portillos opens at 10:30 I believe in Scottsdale, night have to stop on the way to We Ko Pa for THP Event.

For all you Portillo’s fans...

For all you Portillo’s fans...

1d8f8f1f4110d3b0885b868c7a041a78.jpg

I really really miss that place

Back