The Portillos Appreciation Thread

The perfect dog!

It's a great place, although I don't visit all too often...even though they're right in my backyard.

The massive amounts of people that are always there makes me shy away....but their beef sandwiches are truly incredible. And their burgers are HIGHLY underrated.

I don't get how they do these ratings though. There's just so many places out there and so many folks with different likes and dislikes. Just like the "Top Golf Clubs" or "Top Schools"... meh.

Now I need to go get a beef sandwich with mozzarella and giardiniera....

The 15 minute wait in the drive through every day is quite annoying and leads me to go elsewhere...
It's a great place, although I don't visit all too often...even though they're right in my backyard.

The massive amounts of people that are always there makes me shy away....but their beef sandwiches are truly incredible. And their burgers are HIGHLY underrated.

I don't get how they do these ratings though. There's just so many places out there and so many folks with different likes and dislikes. Just like the "Top Golf Clubs" or "Top Schools"... meh.

Now I need to go get a beef sandwich with mozzarella and giardiniera....

I still remember the food coma I was in after @Boder and I went there post-Budget Golf Championship last year. Beef sandwich and chocolate cake shake, good Lord...

Heading to Portillos for lunch today. :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looking forward to going here for the first time ever!

Took my daughter's family to Portillo's in Indy last weekend. They enjoyed it as much as I did!

Love the decor.
452d908ce02f88fb680672995331bb90.jpg
2682b7868d307f6acd0707c6c2a19018.jpg

Love me some portillos, glad I'll get some in August.

Man. I loved Portillos when I got to try it with @JB in Chicago.

So good.

Ugh, really want Portillos now.

Cake shake... destroyed!
c212abb19ffb66d40a1dd93e1d36acbd.jpg
544bff983ab4be62a259574dc0e5abdd.jpg

One just opened close to me, waiting for the newness to wear off before I go. I’m looking forward to it.

Big beef with sweet peppers, o rings, cake shake for lunch. If they have these in Phoenix why not Denver?

One just opened close to me, waiting for the newness to wear off before I go. I’m looking forward to it.

They opened one in Gurnee Illinois last year I believe it was and we waited a couple of weeks because we drove by on grand opening day and the newspaper said opening day had 5200 customers the biggest opening day ever so I like your wait it out logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They opened one in Gurnee Illinois last year I believe it was and we waited a couple of weeks because we drove by on grand opening day and the newspaper said opening day had 5200 customers the biggest opening day ever so I like your wait it out logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gurnee didn't have a Portillos, but Phoenix did? :beat-up:

Did you see Cousin Eddie?

I heart you @oitw

Finally have our first one opening here in Michigan next week. Its a little bit of a drive for me, but still plan on getting over there soon. Will start fasting now so I can enjoy a large Cake Shake.

Back