The Quarter (1/4) Zip Appreciation Thread

BigDill

2023 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers - Cobra Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know many of us THPers are huge fans of the venerable and versatile 1/4 zip. From the course to the office, and just about everywhere in between, the 1/4 zip is a great option to make sure you are looking your best. Some of us love material quality above style, and others take pride in finding a good value or want to show off a course we played. But whatever the reason, 1/4 zips are a fan favorite around here.

So let’s see them! I’ll start with my current favorite:
5D4CB10F-47AE-4120-AEC7-27AFDA777586.jpeg21A9B388-B123-44CB-BDD6-47A69541791C.jpeg

Sir, I feel this thread will be found out by wives and that’s a whole lot of explaining to do.
"I won it in a THP contest" works very well.

I love 1/4 zips. I wish I had 1,000 more and being in Ohio, the weather is suited for them about 80% of the year it seems haha. Some of my favorites are still the puma THP ones from a few years back.

I have it in 4 colors, very versatile and fashionable!

I could have an entire closet dedicated to 1/4 zips. My current favorite is a Travis Mathew one that I got at Top Golf in Vegas. Too bad it cost me an arm and a leg.

Was working out of the office for a week (grandbaby #4 born) and returned to an Ogio 1/4 zip with company logo....my new favorite!

I'll have to get some pics later. Not sure I could pick a favorite. I have a Walter Hagan performance material one that probably gets used the most because it was fairly cheap and I don't really care if anything gets on it. I wear it when running errands or playing golf when I know its going to come off because I can just throw it into the basket of the cart. Don't really wear that one to work much.

Well I don't have 27 however I'd guess 15 of them.
Been buying Puma's when I find them on sale - Really like the quality and fit.

On the sweater side of 1/4 zips, I have a couple of Peter Millars and a Callaway X that I love to wear. On the more athletic side, I won a Callaway waffle weave from THP that is fantastic.

I will attempt to count mine up and report back a number in the current stable. I'm guessing Vegas would put the u/o at 49.5.

Geez 27. I have two that I wear for work because they can take a beating if I have to go on the lot. The rest are reserved for golf and nice outings. I think I have maybe 6-8

I honestly need more 1/4 zips. They are perfect!
-Great for golf
-Great for the office
-Great 2nd layer during cold days
-Just enough cover on slightly cooler days

Big fan of the 1/4 zip.

I've got 3. 1 is THP embroidered from 2014 or 2015. Love it. 1 is an Eddie Bauer waffle weave. It's nice and warm. 1 is a Callaway fleece performance fabric sort of. Love it.

I want more. 3 is not enough

Currently at 11 including the 4 Mizuno ones I got at the expo last weekend, couldn't pass them up, dealer sold them to me for $11.99 each!

I wish the Sam's club here carried those, I would have a 1/2 dozen!
I went in looking for Callaway ones that a buddy had gotten there at Christmas time & all they had when I went was Greg Norman, PGA & Under Armour ones which were more. I liked the Greg Normans better then the other 2 & they had about 6 different colors.

Living in the Northeast it's 1/4 zip weather for over half the year. Definitely one of my favorite styles of clothing to wear, I'd say my I have 25-30 1/4 zips in the closet.

Love me some 1/4 zips! Like everyone said, great for office, or dinner or the course, they come in heavy weight, mid and light weight, just can't go wrong with these things!

Back