The SkyTrak+ Launch Monitor

but in all seriousness, I hope you are having a blast with it!!

Well received mine yesterday - so far it's a brick....
After finally getting it to connect in Network mode (entering WIFI details etc. on the app after connecting in DIRECT mode) it then just sits there with Green,Yellow,Red lights and does not seem to connect to the wifi properly - the app see's nothing.
Now I cannot get it to connect in DIRECT mode at all as cannot see anyway of resetting the device (no Skytrak SSID is broadcast now as the device is in NETWORK mode)
The only way it will connect is with a USB-C cable to my desktop which is of no use to me!
No reply from Skytrak support at all either.
Does anyone know how to factory reset one of these? Have tried holding the power button down for 5 seconds, the light changes from green to blue but it does not reset it and carries on with the Gree, Yellow and Red lights for network mode... There is no factory reset button which the original Skytrak had either?
Annoyed....!

Well received mine yesterday - so far it's a brick....
After finally getting it to connect in Network mode (entering WIFI details etc. on the app after connecting in DIRECT mode) it then just sits there with Green,Yellow,Red lights and does not seem to connect to the wifi properly - the app see's nothing.
Now I cannot get it to connect in DIRECT mode at all as cannot see anyway of resetting the device (no Skytrak SSID is broadcast now as the device is in NETWORK mode)
The only way it will connect is with a USB-C cable to my desktop which is of no use to me!
No reply from Skytrak support at all either.
Does anyone know how to factory reset one of these? Have tried holding the power button down for 5 seconds, the light changes from green to blue but it does not reset it and carries on with the Gree, Yellow and Red lights for network mode... There is no factory reset button which the original Skytrak had either?
Annoyed....!
USB-C is direct mode and it connects?
I'm assuming you have a strong home wifi signal where it is placed?
Was this setup via wifi hand-off in a different location then moved?

Setting new tech up on a weekend and early hours can be frustrating.

So there are 3 connection modes.
Direct mode is where you connect via wifi to the Skytrak SSID on the Skytrak itself. Network mode is where you first connect to the Skytrak in Direct mode and you then do a one-off connection to your home WiFi and it supposedly saves those settings. You can then connect in Network mode and you connect your tablet to your home WiFi and it should then work.... Network mode is preferred as you still have a Internet connection whereas direct mode does not.
Either way I cannot get it to connect to my android phone or android tablet or desktop PC in Direct or network modes. Usb-c works fine with my desktop.
My home WiFi is very good and I don't believe is the issue as I have an Ubiquiti AP in my garage which is all working fine as it always does. Have emailed Skytrak support to see what they say... I did have a go using my desktop and USB-c cable and when working it is absolutely spot on (which is good!) also literally no idea what people are going on about with the "delay" from what I saw there isn't one hardly at all.

So there are 3 connection modes.
Direct mode is where you connect via wifi to the Skytrak SSID on the Skytrak itself. Network mode is where you first connect to the Skytrak in Direct mode and you then do a one-off connection to your home WiFi and it supposedly saves those settings. You can then connect in Network mode and you connect your tablet to your home WiFi and it should then work.... Network mode is preferred as you still have a Internet connection whereas direct mode does not.
Either way I cannot get it to connect to my android phone or android tablet or desktop PC in Direct or network modes. Usb-c works fine with my desktop.
My home WiFi is very good and I don't believe is the issue as I have an Ubiquiti AP in my garage which is all working fine as it always does. Have emailed Skytrak support to see what they say... I did have a go using my desktop and USB-c cable and when working it is absolutely spot on (which is good!) also literally no idea what people are going on about with the "delay" from what I saw there isn't one hardly at all.
When I say desktop, I mean my desktop PC, with the PC desktop Skytrak app (which is version 4.4 whereas the android app is 4.3 and it keeps saying there is an upgrade but it take you back the play store to upgrade and there isn't on! Waiting for a reply from Support about this as well...

I'm thinking I'll probably start with iOS since that's the most convenient for me. However, I'm wondering if there are some benefits to going desktop? My kid has a gaming laptop he doesn't use anymore since he moved to desktop. Maybe that would provide a little better performance for hi-res graphics?

Yeah I would avoid Android to be honest - the app just doesn't work for me on 3 different devices - lots of reports that it is not good as well on the forums...
I have a small desktop PC that is now attached via HDMI to a 40" TV which works really well - Network mode is now working for me - had to create another wireless SSID at home which has less than 11 characters and it's fine.
Just waiting for a reply on the registration issue as I cannot register it as it says invalid ESN - which it isn't!
Apart from that it works really well - very happy.

Sounds like my plan of using my laptop is the way to go.

I'm thinking I'll probably start with iOS since that's the most convenient for me. However, I'm wondering if there are some benefits to going desktop? My kid has a gaming laptop he doesn't use anymore since he moved to desktop. Maybe that would provide a little better performance for hi-res graphics?
Just from my experience with e6, the desktop version is 100x better than the iOS version.

As for the Skytrak app, I wouldn't expect too much difference, maybe a little faster shot to show, but that's a guess

Yeah I would avoid Android to be honest - the app just doesn't work for me on 3 different devices - lots of reports that it is not good as well on the forums...
I have a small desktop PC that is now attached via HDMI to a 40" TV which works really well - Network mode is now working for me - had to create another wireless SSID at home which has less than 11 characters and it's fine.
Just waiting for a reply on the registration issue as I cannot register it as it says invalid ESN - which it isn't!
Apart from that it works really well - very happy.

That's great to hear. In a perfect world I'll use my Fire TV for a screen, and I can't seem to cast my iPhone/iPad to it anymore. I think I may try to go laptop.

I have the ability to use an Android phone, an iPad, and a gaming laptop. I will test all three and see how each performs.

I've always had issues or delayed updates with Android compared to other apps if they're shared across platforms. No idea why 🤷‍♂️

Just from my experience with e6, the desktop version is 100x better than the iOS version.

As for the Skytrak app, I wouldn't expect too much difference, maybe a little faster shot to show, but that's a guess

Yea, e6 on iOS is awful.

I have the ability to use an Android phone, an iPad, and a gaming laptop. I will test all three and see how each performs.

I've always had issues or delayed updates with Android compared to other apps if they're shared across platforms. No idea why 🤷‍♂️

That's a good idea. Will surely end up using iOS at some point, but I don't have anything Android.

Currently, I have a gaming desktop for my OG Skytrak because the TGC2019 software looks much better.

I am going to connect the Skytrak+ to my IPad Pro just to see the difference in delay and performance. Plus, have that available when I take it to the range.

Bigger screen for sure

Have newer Android tablet and an older iPad. Not even sure the iPad is new enough to handle it, but will try.

IOS has better updates due to androids many software and hardware varieties. One of the drawbacks to android.

For 3rd party Sim software, I'm Glad I went with a gaming desktop as playing Diablo IV this weekend was glorious at 4K DLSS 3! Movies are wonderful too, so it's not just a Sim/Practice area. That's what I'm justifying the build with anyway😆.

A laptop with at least a 1070 Nvidia video card will get by, but not at full resolution capabilities. A 3060 or newer should be able to run better, but may still have issues at max settings. Desktop Video cards have more power and usually more memory too. Only reason I went desktop as parts are upgradable in the future, laptop not so much. Plus repair time if laptop goes down. Laptop is much more portable and convenient to use elsewhere though.

Last edited:
This platform talk is making my mind race a bit.

UPS tracking says Skytrak + arriving tomorrow :)

UPS tracking says Skytrak + arriving tomorrow :)

Just kidding! UPS is the most "it gets there when it gets there" out here. I know you are super pumped and look forward to your thoughts. Especially having the OG unit and what you see.

Let's get a livestream going.

Interesting thought, but will definitely get a video of things by Wednesday for here.

SkyTrak isn’t making it easy for me to hold out…just received an email for entire SIM pkg (minus gaming computer) for $7k…

SkyTrak isn’t making it easy for me to hold out…just received an email for entire SIM pkg (minus gaming computer) for $7k…

Do yourself a favor and get the enjoyment of building it yourself and save 2k at least.

Do yourself a favor and get the enjoyment of building it yourself and save 2k at least.
I like the easy way out...but am considering my options. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding! UPS is the most "it gets there when it gets there" out here. I know you are super pumped and look forward to your thoughts. Especially having the OG unit and what you see.

I BLAME you!!!

IMG_0265.jpeg

Back