The SkyTrak+ Launch Monitor

cheers, will see if I can pick some a couple from eBay used, just to do some testing, along with trying the ballmanic website.

I have decided when I go back for my next lesson, (hopefully book soon) im gonna take my ST+ with me to use, and see what the pro thinks of my numbers and where im going wrong.
One thing, seeing as you are in Scottland, is that Ballnamic accounts for the climate where you tell it you live, so colder weather it will make a different recommendation than someone like me in Florida. (y)

how about yardage (I realise its not all about distance) do you find you get roughly on your swing and contact type?
The thing about lower than optimal ball speed, high launch, and low spin is you can still hit distances that are reasonable in my experience. They just aren't optimized.

One thing, seeing as you are in Scottland, is that Ballnamic accounts for the climate where you tell it you live, so colder weather it will make a different recommendation than someone like me in Florida. (y)

that's a fair point mate. its damn cold atm over here! im sure I will lose a few yards too with the cold also. now you mention it.

that's a fair point mate. its damn cold atm over here! im sure I will lose a few yards too with the cold also. now you mention it.
Thankfully my Scottish ancestors left and came to warmer climes because, like a golf ball, I do not handle the cold well.

The Golftec app isn't letting me login with my Skytrak login today. Anyone else?

The Golftec app isn't letting me login with my Skytrak login today. Anyone else?
No problems for me. I'm actually planning on leaning on this app a lot in the coming week, to monitor some very recent directions from my instructor.

No problems for me. I'm actually planning on leaning on this app a lot in the coming week, to monitor some very recent directions from my instructor.

I just tried mine and was able to sign in

Deleted and reinstalled and it works fine now. Whatever. :)

Range session and round today. Good distance but so-so direction off the tee box with driver. Missed a few too many fairways and had to punch out a few too many times from the trees. Had one hole that I needed to hit 3w because the fairway ran out at 260y...quite possibly hit the best 3w of my life and it went 258y...proceeded to get a ho-hum par with a less than stellar 100y approach shot.

I like the practice aspects, but still I am drawn to playing a round almost every time I turn on the ST+. I like being put in the situations I'd see on the course.

yeah, its like groundhog day...must I MUST reiterate, ST+ is AWESOME!

I love how once I setup my nets, mats, balls etc.. i just, power on the ST+, leave for a few seconds, open app on the iPad and give it 45 seconds to 1 minute, and boom! Were in ready to do some damage!

Whilst I'd love to have mine set up permanently, I'm with you. It takes about 5-10 minutes for me to be up and running putting up my net, mat, computer etc. I think that's my getting loose phase.

Finally got to see one of these in action at Golftec during my lesson. The instructor said that they love the feature set. Using it for our session I was pretty impressed overall. I am now more jealous of those of you who have these setup.

I need to completely clean out the garage but I'd have to lose a car to fit this permanently. Need to do some measuring to see if I have any options. Every time I see this or the garage sim thread I inch closer to doing something drastic.

Finally got to see one of these in action at Golftec during my lesson. The instructor said that they love the feature set. Using it for our session I was pretty impressed overall. I am now more jealous of those of you who have these setup.

I need to completely clean out the garage but I'd have to lose a car to fit this permanently. Need to do some measuring to see if I have any options. Every time I see this or the garage sim thread I inch closer to doing something drastic.
There are plenty of ways to accommodate a non-permanent solution if you decide to pursue it further.

Takes me about five minutes to move my car, setup the sim, start hitting. Same to put it away and park the car back inside. If you have room, need the car space is not a dealbreaker. (y)

There are plenty of ways to accommodate a non-permanent solution if you decide to pursue it further.
Takes me about five minutes to move my car, setup the sim, start hitting. Same to put it away and park the car back inside. If you have room, need the car space is not a dealbreaker. (y)
Yeah the garage sim thread has been pushing me. You think you need the space you see in Golf Galaxy or similar but with all the newer units that doesn't seem like a huge deal anymore. Now it's about figuring out the solution and the cost, then figuring out if it works for me. I really wanted to put it in the basement but I'm short about 6-12" for iron swings. Need to do some figuring in the garage, after which point it's just on me to get it done. If I'm going to use it in the summer though I'll have to get AC installed. My garage is detached and a fan won't cut it with the humidity we get here. I've already got a heater installed in the ceiling.

Yeah the garage sim thread has been pushing me. You think you need the space you see in Golf Galaxy or similar but with all the newer units that doesn't seem like a huge deal anymore. Now it's about figuring out the solution and the cost, then figuring out if it works for me. I really wanted to put it in the basement but I'm short about 6-12" for iron swings. Need to do some figuring in the garage, after which point it's just on me to get it done. If I'm going to use it in the summer though I'll have to get AC installed. My garage is detached and a fan won't cut it with the humidity we get here. I've already got a heater installed in the ceiling.
I personally find the really hot days in the summer much worse than the coldest winter days for sure. A fan helps.

Let us know if we can help. I will say that the ST+ will give the chance to do this with the least amount of space.

I personally find the really hot days in the summer much worse than the coldest winter days for sure. A fan helps.

Let us know if we can help. I will say that the ST+ will give the chance to do this with the least amount of space.
I've got some other priorities at the moment, but once I'm ready to get serious it's just a time thing for me reconfiguring everything to make space (currently taken up by a bunch of parts I need to get installed in my truck lol). When I can set aside some time I'm going to go re-read the garage sim thread to get my head around the right pieces. You'll know when I start asking a ton of questions in these two threads. If I pull the trigger I think the ST+ is the obvious answer.

I've got some other priorities at the moment, but once I'm ready to get serious it's just a time thing for me reconfiguring everything to make space (currently taken up by a bunch of parts I need to get installed in my truck lol). When I can set aside some time I'm going to go re-read the garage sim thread to get my head around the right pieces. You'll know when I start asking a ton of questions in these two threads. If I pull the trigger I think the ST+ is the obvious answer.
I do know what a bunch of @JonD questions means 😂

I need to get a little practice session in tonight.

after watching pro's hit for the last few days, really wanting to be home an swinging a golf club right now

PROGRESS!

Screenshot (225).png

Those are outstanding numbers...I wish my highest number was at 5.8 dynamic handicap. Also 80% accuracy at 230y...get outta here :LOL:
That number is just an easy UW 🤷

Back