Is that weight just the head or the entire club? I was thinking that just the heads tend to be 200 to 215 grams, but wasn’t sure, which is why I asked.
Ping G400 Max head is 199g

They are lighter these days, heavier depending on weights.

Tonight's Stack - I found out what Max Intent was at the end - forget form just go for the fences.

What was weird is that I started set 3 at 65g as it told me, but set 2 was also 65g, got a phone call I didn't want, and then Stack said to finish Set 3 at 85g - maybe it was punishing me for taking a call. I think I got pissed and went faster the last 5 swings at 85g.

Then on set 4, I got really pissed - stuck on effin' 89 and swung with maximum anger to finish.

IMG_0824.PNG

I can definitely say that the Stack training is working. Late last spring I had lost significant swing speed from the prior year. In late 2020, my driver ball speed was above 150. In the April to June period, I couldn’t get more than 138 to 140. My 7 iron ball speed had been around 115, but now was around 108. Frankly, I was very discouraged. I was in very good shape. Indeed, in July, I did an 18 mile day hike in Yosemite with an almost 5000 foot elevation change, not chump change, LOL. However, I just could not get my bod to fire like I did previously.

Nothing had really changed until I started the Stack system a few weeks ago. I am almost half way through the first protocol. Our weather has changed and I am struggling now to find a place to finish, so I have slacked off this week. But the results are there. Tonight, I did a good session on TrackMan. My swing speed was measured as high as 103. I could make really good, controlled swings that were generating swing speeds of around 98 to 100 and ball speeds of 146 to 147. My 7 iron speed is right back where it was a year ago. I have some other swing issues to sort out, but the ball speed as back to where I would hope for it to be at this point in my life.

This system is a real five star winner in my book. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

FB319AE4-E3F3-4E4B-AFE6-803597F91FCE.jpeg2DEE1120-DE74-4C6E-B126-D4ED8C24D105.jpeg50B6B21D-8FD1-48CA-8D4D-BFDDD30B371A.jpeg22A53498-E214-4C14-9984-5D8EC21D19E2.jpegDE87C7B1-975E-4A4C-B441-E0796DAC051F.jpeg18632B95-C8C8-49D5-8012-554DE893D6A6.jpeg1F93B4A8-DC5F-4DDB-B910-10DC2D8A02D4.jpeg315CFDF9-A5C8-4EAB-AB07-8D7EFAB44CAA.jpeg

I can definitely say that the Stack training is working. Late last spring I had lost significant swing speed from the prior year. In late 2020, my driver ball speed was above 150. In the April to June period, I couldn’t get more than 138 to 140. My 7 iron ball speed had been around 115, but now was around 108. Frankly, I was very discouraged. I was in very good shape. Indeed, in July, I did an 18 mile day hike in Yosemite with an almost 5000 foot elevation change, not chump change, LOL. However, I just could not get my bod to fire like I did previously.

Nothing had really changed until I started the Stack system a few weeks ago. I am almost half way through the first protocol. Our weather has changed and I am struggling now to find a place to finish, so I have slacked off this week. But the results are there. Tonight, I did a good session on TrackMan. My swing speed was measured as high as 103. I could make really good, controlled swings that were generating swing speeds of around 98 to 100 and ball speeds of 146 to 147. My 7 iron speed is right back where it was a year ago. I have some other swing issues to sort out, but the ball speed as back to where I would hope for it to be at this point in my life.

This system is a real five star winner in my book. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

View attachment 9035100View attachment 9035101View attachment 9035102View attachment 9035103View attachment 9035104View attachment 9035105View attachment 9035106View attachment 9035107
That angle of attack on the driver is fantastic.
I know you want to get the AoA on the 7 iron down but great ball speed. Really good to see

I went on Trackman during a lesson today to see how close I could get to my Stack potential, which is 97-98.

I was hitting 95-96+ mph, which is close to the Stack potential. Using a 9.5 Epic Speed adjusted to 8.5, my AOA was 5.5-6. Had some carry 232-234, and I attribute the consistency of my higher speed (for me) as a result of the Stack System.

Even my 3 and 4 woods were hitting 89-90 and I was getting 210 carry/230 overall, with the Mizuno STZ 3 wood, which is excellent for me. I think I was carrying a 4 wd about 190 before the Stack and the most I ever got the Mizuno previously was 201 carry. I can go to a 43 inch 4 wd at 16-16.5 and possibly get similar distance.

So.... Stack is great. Need to keep it going MPH by MPH increase.

Last edited:
Did a Saturday Morning Stack after 3 hr lesson on Friday and I could barely move on Fri night. It showed today. Lost a mph but one can expect this after tough workouts on Thursday night and Friday - during the lesson we focused on speed. By Saturday, I was spent, and I played Saturday afternoon with my son.

I need to move set 4 all into the 90's.

IMG_0830.PNG

Anybody else here think Super Speed will need to develop an app to keep up with these guys?
Seems overdue!

Anybody else here think Super Speed will need to develop an app to keep up with these guys?
Seems overdue!

It takes a lot of research to develop an app like the Stack System.

And I prefer taking one stick with me when traveling or going to the range to get it done.

Tonight's work. Admittedly, the GRPR missed a lot of swings. I changed batteries. But it wore me out. Now I'm going to row. Still stuck on 89-90 to eSpeed of 97-98. Stuck there for over a week. Pissing me off. But I am out of shape. Too much work, some range, and now some fitness.

IMG_0833.PNG

I listened to a podcast with the inventor of this and it has me super interested. My only issue is it almost winter and I don’t have anywhere to swing it. I don’t have a gym membership anymore which is where I used to use the Speed Sticks. I am going to have to go into the garage and see if there is enough ceiling height but it will still be cold in there.

I listened to a podcast with the inventor of this and it has me super interested. My only issue is it almost winter and I don’t have anywhere to swing it. I don’t have a gym membership anymore which is where I used to use the Speed Sticks. I am going to have to go into the garage and see if there is enough ceiling height but it will still be cold in there.
This is my problem. I cancelled my gym membership and built out a nice home gym, but my ceilings are low. I am glad I started, because I definitely have gotten back some speed that I had lost and I am trying to make a decent showing at the upcoming Dream Foursomes Experience. Every time I go from my elevation to sea level, it is a rude awakening, LOL. However, I have got to figure out a way to keep this going. It now has been four or five days.

Where are my fellow Stackers?

Another workout tonight, at least it's daylight at 6:30 pm and 78F, but humid.

Workout 15/18 Foundation. Progress is little by little after a beginning of rapid gains -- on the last 4 swings, the first swing is always the slowest, I finally crept into all 90's on the last 3 swings. Next goal is all 90-93.

Look at the grams that started! 300! I saw that and said, "Here we go."

IMG_0854.PNG

With the weather turned cold, I have had a difficult time finding a place to do the sessions. I hope that I have it fixed. If today’s result is any indication, this will require continued work or the speed begins to drop off very quickly.

One interesting bit of anecdotal data… I did a practice session on TrackMan Thursday evening. I set the elevation on TrackMan at sea level, in preparation for the upcoming Dream Foursome experience in Florida. I took 12 driver swings, a pretty good sample. My average drive for those 12 swings was 265 yards. Today’s Stack session put my distance potential at 267, a pretty spot on correlation to what I saw on TrackMan.

4883F6CF-9B3E-4F43-A340-A1FB89F83155.jpeg31EC2A71-227B-4D29-A468-24DF0585F334.jpeg

First time hitting balls at the range in a couple of weeks.
Seeing good correlation between eSpeed and actual clubhead speed if this is anything to go by.
😀

Attachments

• 94E4EAF6-094E-4931-A593-E98C174D153E.jpeg
    94E4EAF6-094E-4931-A593-E98C174D153E.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 504FDD1E-1521-4719-BF33-8D0B853274BD.jpeg
    504FDD1E-1521-4719-BF33-8D0B853274BD.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25
The Sunday Stack...

After two weeks of hitting a wall, a breakthrough in small steps. Warmed up and performed the Stack just before noon. I do notice that since I began the Stack, I work more on my technique, it's what I already know, but my lower body gets lazy since I've been working on flinging the club more with the arms and hands to have a more downward attack with irons. So today worked more on pushing back against the front foot on the downswing and getting the hips out of the way, and closing the arc - swinging to the left on the downswing.

That said, I finally broke through on the last set with 90-92 as opposed to previous 88-89, for a stack speed of 91.

Had more energy doing the Stack in the morning instead of 7 pm after a day of work.

IMG_0881.PNG

I am not sure what to make of this right now. I seem to be going backwards, yet I do not feel like I am swinging slower. At the end of the session, I swung a 7 iron and got 88 mph, which is lightning fast for me. I can’t swing a driver in my indoor workout area, so I couldn’t measure that speed. I suspect one of two things. The more likely, is that the SSR unit is just inconsistent. The second, is that I have some sequencing issues in my swing that are not allowing me to see my full potential.

E7F00EDA-1437-4543-859F-2A346EDEFCA3.jpegB944A0BB-13DF-41F9-967A-5AD83CAD0594.jpeg

I am not sure what to make of this right now. I seem to be going backwards, yet I do not feel like I am swinging slower. At the end of the session, I swung a 7 iron and got 88 mph, which is lightning fast for me. I can’t swing a driver in my indoor workout area, so I couldn’t measure that speed. I suspect one of two things. The more likely, is that the SSR unit is just inconsistent. The second, is that I have some sequencing issues in my swing that are not allowing me to see my full potential.

View attachment 9038503View attachment 9038504

Wait until they start the sessions at 255g and 280g...:oops:

I probably would have taken another swing with that 7i but SSR picks up the toe in a real club and gives a higher speed. But the idea is speed. You are faster.

According to the SSR, I keep going backwards. However, tonight on TrackMan, I had some of my best ball speed of 2021. I had some 7 irons pushing 120 ball speed. My top driver speed tonight was within a couple tenths of 150. 150 has been my magical driver ball speed number for the last couple of years. If I get above that, I am swinging really well. So, I don’t know what gives.

C0DAD164-B902-4975-8E4E-E05DCF78F040.jpegCD8A923B-50CE-493F-8BFD-B7189FF54599.jpeg

I wouldn't get to worried about the SSR. I have one that is a year old and it actually is reading slower than my PRGR, it may be age or lighting or something. You're seeing the results where it matters. I haven't been able to do a stack work out in the last two week because of travel, so hopefully I don't have to start the program over after a 2 week hiatus but am looking forward to getting back into it.

I wouldn't get to worried about the SSR. I have one that is a year old and it actually is reading slower than my PRGR, it may be age or lighting or something. You're seeing the results where it matters. I haven't been able to do a stack work out in the last two week because of travel, so hopefully I don't have to start the program over after a 2 week hiatus but am looking forward to getting back into it.

I think the SSR is inconsistent. I get readings above and below the PRGR. :unsure: At the same time, they are not far above or below PRGR. As long as the ball go farther on Trackman and the Course, all is good.

@Tenputt I wouldn't be too worried, I had similar "regression" but mine was definitely partially due to some swing changes. If you are seeing the ball speed #s you want, that is what is all about.

I would also concur that taking time off you will see some drop off. I don't think you have to train every other day to maintain, but I definitely think that you have to keep doing it at least once a week.

For my own training I ended up doing a session on Sunday at the gym. Found a corner by the basketball court and gave it a rip. some people must have thought I was nuts, but that is nothing new.

The lead arm enhancer is taking some time to see gains, but I definitely think it is going to help with my sequencing. and crazily should help with my path. Getting away from being right arm dominant (trail arm) gets me more in to out.

For those that have ben using the Stack System have you found that you needed to change to specs of your equipment given the extra SS? Different flex shaft, loft, fade or draw bias etc.

For those that have ben using the Stack System have you found that you needed to change to specs of your equipment given the extra SS? Different flex shaft, loft, fade or draw bias etc.

Well, I haven't really changed flex, no change in my irons, but a driver I used to hit great with Autoflex I had to get rid of because all I would do is hook it. I think that is more due to swing changes than speed, but speed is probably a small factor. Most recent fitting I did was pretty similar as far as flex but slightly different profiles.

Speed has not changed that much, probably going from 94-95 to 98-100 as gamer speed. That is nothing to sneeze at but not enough to make clubs obsolete. Over the winter if I can see serious gains than maybe I would need to get refit, but so far I haven't seen that big of a change in 25 sessions.

I have not needed to change, but I am back fitting into the flexes and shafts that have worked well for me for the past several years. Over the past year, My 7 iron had gone from mid 80’s down into the 77 range, a big drop off. Now that I am back to mid-80’s, my shafts that I have long loved feel right again.

Not in irons but in fwys, depends on the shaft character and weight, I moved up in flex to stiff. If it's a 4 and 7 wd in 65-75g, I stayed in regular. Some of my wood shafts, the Honma, play a little soft and moved to stiff, and changed a 7 wd to a higher kickpoint shaft to keep trajectory down.

Driver - once again, depends on the shaft characteristics.

No hard and fast rule.

Back