The state of your game?

It's always little dumb things that keep me from breaking 80 on many of my rounds. Mis-alignment, chunked/thinned wedge or three, not always taking enough time to read putts. Just little stuff these days, but it sure adds up though. It always seems to be the easy pitches/chips that I flub as well. Ball striking is more solid than it ever has been for me, except for some overdraw at times, just missing greens to the left.

tough to say, since i've played and practiced so little after a really tough busy season. i had enough good shots over my 36-hole day last week to be encouraged. putting wasn't near as bad as it got toward the end of last year. the under-the-plane-flippy driver miss did rear its head, but i was able to correct it and hit some good drives by my standards into tight holes. still can't score worth a flip, but i feel like i'm on the right track and if i can stay focused and committed i may hit my goal of being sub 8 by the end of the year.

The state of my game is terrible, being a college student and broke, I don't have the time or finances to play consistently enough. Another factor is Michigan's terrible weather, I have woken up to snow the past two mornings. With that being said, once the weather gets nicer my game will shape up, I try to hit the range 3 times a week and get on the course at least once a week.

Early season inconsistant, nothing to be surprised about right now

My game is in a state of tentative optimism. I've been working on a swing tweak and all indications are that it is very good. Range sessions have felt awesome and I'm looking forward to putting it to the test on the course. The practice has been so improved that it's got me excited!

I've been playing some of my best golf the last weeks but had a few bad rounds too.

I'm going with: hopeful. It gives me hope to see that I can shoot low scores, do mind the bad rounds but I'm getting ommore and more aware of what's happening that makes it a bad round. :)

I have the first 3 hole blues....

1st round of the year was Double Bogey, Triple Bogey, Double Bogey then proceeded to par (6) and bogey (9) the rest of the holes....

2nd round of the year was Par, Double Bogey, Double Bogey and things didn't get much better after that mostly bogeys a few doubles and 3 pars.

3rd round was Tuesday at league play (9 holes) I started Bogey, Double Bogey, Quad Bogey aka Snowman, then went Par, Birdie, Birdie, Bogey, Par & Bogey.

So if I can shake off my first 3 hole blues I think I can start getting back into low 80's....

Jacked. Ball goes in every direction imaginable. I've almost hit bottom.

Mine is starting to come around. Last fall and this winter I struggled to put a decent round together, my iron play was terrible, so I finally committed to some lessons and its starting to pay-off. My last 3 rounds were 83-89-85, which for me is pretty good, I'm hitting my irons more solid and the short game is coming around but I still struggle with the driver. I'm playing again today and hoping I can score in the 80's for the fourth round in a row, that would do a lot for my confidence.

I had a crap round last week, but overall I've been playing quite well lately and I'm cautiously happy about where my game is right now. After having a previous season ('14) where my handicap did nothing but go up due to trying to adjust to some swing changes, they feel natural this season. Most of the time, I feel like I can place the ball off the tee, and as some others have noticed I've picked up a little distance off the tee due to those swing changes (maybe 10 yards). My short game and putting have seen improvements as well.

There are still things to be addressed though - I simply need to hit more greens to give myself scoring chances, as well as hit it closer when I have a short iron or wedge in my hand. And as always, my sand play needs attention. But overall, I'm feeling optimistic that I can knock my index down a couple points this year.

Currently it's mediocre at best and I'm frustrated. It's my fault bc I haven't put in the time to practice and reinforce good habits. My putting and short game is saving my rounds lately. High 80's isn't good enough when in know I should live in the low 80's and occasionally sniff breaking 80. Time to get to work.

In shambles......hehe

Really, after months of not swinging a club, it's taking awhile to get back to anything that resembles a decent golf game. I hit shots where I thing "there it is....I'm back!" only to hit the next 6 like I have no clue what's going on.

Incredibly my driver was the first thing to come back, then short irons, I broke 90 the last couple of rounds so I am getting there slowly but surely.

Previous years I was inconsistent that I had no idea what I did good or not.. Now, I'm far more consistent and am learning my my strengths and the things I am conscious about needing work .. So in short, I am still learning my game..

Been super inconsistent lately. I have started playing from the "tips" at my home course. Yesterday on the front nine I had three pars and two bogeys, everything else was triple or worse!!!! Ended up with a 50 on the front.

I'm driving the ball farther than I ever have (about 230-250 which is good for me) and not really getting into trouble off the tee. Fairway woods/and wedge game has been terrible. Just need to keep grinding I guess. . . frustrating, especially since my short game has traditionally been my strength.

Hit rock bottom about 3 weeks ago...couldn't carry a single club over 150 yards and everything was a snap hook. Played twice since and have reason to be optimistic. Scoring wasn't there, but some good shots were. Now to eliminate penalties \ mental mistakes and I think I can break a 10 HDCP this season.

My game is in a state of flux. Swing tweaks show things are on the right path. General state of health unfortunately is not cooperating. So I've decided to play practice rounds until the health recovers which will be when the weather finally gets more consistent.

I hit a green from 205 last round. Three putted. My putting sucks. I have no confidence in my putter. I might go back to my Odyssey.

The Best Its Ever Been. Thanks to THP

I'm hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit, followed by some of the dumbest mistakes I've ever made. Game is coming around, but my ability to score just isn't there right now.

My game is in a state of flux. Swing tweaks show things are on the right path. General state of health unfortunately is not cooperating. So I've decided to play practice rounds until the health recovers which will be when the weather finally gets more consistent.

I hit a green from 205 last round. Three putted. My putting sucks. I have no confidence in my putter. I might go back to my Odyssey.

I see you're using a SeeMore. Have you taken SPi lessons? Those made a huge difference in my putting game (and many other THPers will tell you the same thing.) Before you switch putters, this might be the best thing to do.

Right now it's in shambles. Almost wondering why I keep playing. It's mostly short game issues right now ... so 8am and off to the range I go.

I'm pretty happy with where my game is, all things considered. I don't have the time to spend on my game like I used to, I play about twice a month and that's about it. Despite that I've been playing pretty good golf (for me) over the past few months. I've had some bad rounds, but I'm shooting in the low 80s as often as not, and have even broken 80. My ball flight has been more consistent now that I'm basically swinging my swing, and my touch has even gotten better, I guess since I'm not over thinking about it so much, just playing golf.

Shambles and it's my own fault I was in a very good place but 2wks of grueling work schedule and some old habits creeped back in. Time to hunker down and get back to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say confusing right now, had some real nice rounds with iron play and the Driver.

But the scoring has been crap, just not staying focused over the 100-120 shots and it is killing my chance to score well. It use to be a strong part of the game, now I am driving well and missing greens with the PW. Golf, fix one thing and loose another.

I'm a wounded animal off the tee currently. I can hide it at courses I know but it's ugly away from them.

120 and in is pretty good; chipping is good too. Putting isn't there yet.

My game has been improving a lot and I'm happy with where im heading. Confident this will be a good season

Back