The What Is for Dinner "Covid-19" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it's only the two of us this year, decided to forgo the traditional Easter ham, so I made a pot roast, with potato's, green beans. Hopefully we'll continue our tradition next year.

Butter chicken, rice, and naan.

For only the 2nd time in the past 25 days we have repeated a dinner meal. Not a bad streak.
20200412_173733.jpg

Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans. Then deserts of several varieties. I usually pass on the latter but may make the exception tonite.

easter dinner. sous vide beef tenderloin. 3 sauces, one creamy horseradish and chive, one balsamic fig, and the other adobo chipotle chile. dessert homemade coconut cake. perfect meal.

Didn’t get a pic of the full table or the filet mignon. Things started moving fast by then.
Did filet mignon with peppercorn creme sauce. I also made the butter in the molds below. Basically green onions, oregano, parsley, garlic, lime juice, unsalted butter ground up and frozen for use when needed. Used on the steaks as well. Made potato salad and first time making macaroni salad. All came out really good everyone said so am happy with the result. Also baked a cake and make a buttercream frosting but ran out of time to put together. Our resident cakelady relative put it together. Will show pics on tomorrow night dinner thread.

9eedfca79db0bbd4cb644627290f4a0e.jpg

e53f24a0a543f0e03efdc9498f9c12dc.jpg

feb0a2d512f2c0d0baea6c2e291c9c71.jpg

c2ebaed2257b475dcc07646d692d9be3.jpg

Tonight my lovely wife made stone ground mustard rubbed pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Salad and bread to go with it.

Chili with homemade bread tonight.

Man it sure hit the spot!

Carol went nuts on the leftover spiral ham. First was a homemade hot pocket made out of croissant dough and stuffed with ham, pineapple, asiago cheese and bbq sauce. It was awesome. Next she fired up the food processor and made a batch of deviled ham salad. I had some of that on Ritz crackers.

homemade biscuits and sausage gravy

Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Mac & Cheese and baked beans.

Crispy Chicken wraps.
Chicken Fries, rice, chili and veggies for the kiddo.

Skirt steak with homemade chimichurri and sambal. 1586912459570.png

Hello Fresh, Chicken with bacon potatoes.

Wife back at work every night over meal time, so it is just myself and the 2 year old every night.

Chicken, Broccoli, and Lemon Pasta with garlic toast.

Pasta with mushrooms, tarragon, and leeks. Sauce base is cream and stock.

1587000696230.png

Filets, bakes potatoes & salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leftover Chicken Pot Pie from the freezer.

Forgot how salty it was the first time around. It did not get any better the 2nd time.

Homemade?
Yessir. I'll do up a super large one every couple months. A chipotle roasted chicken from the grocery is the protein. As much veggie as I can fit in the pot. A couple cans of cream of chicken soup, a can of chicken broth, and then the topping is instant mashed potato mixed with flour/baking powder/milk/oil. The topping puffs up and then browns up good. Usually a pan will do us for 4 - 5 meals.

Last night was grilled cheese sandwiches with mozza cheese and pizza sauce..... fried pizza sandwiches lol.

Tonight, Chicken/Mushroom/Zuchinni Rice bowls. The first meal in the past month that I really was not into at all. Flavor combination just didn't mesh. Was really missing something, like an acid or a sauce to bring it all together. No vibrancy in flavor, just a lackluster offering. Should have thought it out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back