mav52

Reaction score
Anyone gone to a yellow ball as they age. I played 9 yesterday and my partner in golf crime was using a yellow ball. What I found interesting as we both are in our late 60's and in the late afternoon, that yellow ball was so easy to see. I actually changed my ball out for a yellow ball and was impressed on how easy it was to make out from from tee shots and iron play. I found on the green the yellow ball was not easy to get used to, but still interesting.

I can see that. @Golfgirlguru often plays a yellow ball and I have previously played a lime green ball. I do find the yellow is easier to see against the sky. The lime green is ok, but difficult to find in the light green spring time rough (or in KY bluegrass). We sometimes have a good amount of dandylions in our rough which can all look like white golf balls. Yellow is definitely easier. Putting seems to make no difference to me.

I tried Vice's red golf balls. Really tough to see in the air, but easy to find in the grass. Based on color spectrum, I can understand why so many places have yellow or lime green fire trucks.

I prefer yellow (actually the newer lime greenish colored) balls. They're easier to track, easier to find, and if I'm the only one playing them it makes it easy to ID my ball.

I prefer to play a yellow ball. Pro V1 yellow was my choice for last year. Most rounds I am the only person playing yellow. One, I can track my ball better, and, two, it is great to quickly ID my ball in the fairway, green, and all those other places I end up. I can't find a negative.

I love playing a yellow ball. It's not my go to right now (I'm playing the e12 contact red) but it's so easy to see, like you said. It's much more appealing to my eye on the tee as well.

I was using yellow and then everyone else started to use yellow so I am back to white. If I don't have to mark my ball that is what I prefer.

I’ve played a yellow golf ball for a couple years now. I play the divide now which is two colors.

I have pretty much completely switched to yellow balls. I enjoy playing them and they are easier for me to track and find. It's probably an age thing for me too.

I still use a white ball late in the season because of the leaves that are on the course. It's very difficult to locate yellow balls amongst the leaves.

When Srixon introduced the optic yellow what was it 10 years ago? I was all in. I played a yellow ball forever. Interestingly the last couple years I have been playing most white, but I think that is more because the ball of choice those years has not been offered in yellow. If It was, I would still be playing yellow.

I used to play a yellow ball quite a bit between the RX, QST, and Z-Star. They kind of still make their way into the rotation, but I tend to have more white options around.

I can see that. @Golfgirlguru often plays a yellow ball and I have previously played a lime green ball. I do find the yellow is easier to see against the sky. The lime green is ok, but difficult to find in the light green spring time rough (or in KY bluegrass). We sometimes have a good amount of dandylions in our rough which can all look like white golf balls. Yellow is definitely easier. Putting seems to make no difference to me.

I tried Vice's red golf balls. Really tough to see in the air, but easy to find in the grass. Based on color spectrum, I can understand why so many places have yellow or lime green fire trucks.
Glad I'm not the only one. I played some red balls last year and also found them difficult to track in air.

For the last several years, I will always choose yellow if available in the ball I want to play for visibility reasons. I simply can’t see the ball flight of a white ball the same way.

I prefer a yellow ball to white. I mostly have white right now only due to getting a deal, but when it's time to pick my stock yellow will be the choice if available.

I switched many years ago when they became available again. They are my preferred color because they are so easy to track and see on the ground. Leaves in the fall can sometimes be an issue but other than that, they are great!

Prefer the yellow ball over the white as it’s easier for me to follow most of the time. Fall golf makes it a little harder but all in all makes golfing easier for myself.

Orange balls are better! ;)

IMG_1672.JPG

For the last several years, I will always choose yellow if available in the ball I want to play for visibility reasons. I simply can’t see the ball flight of a white ball the same way.

It's an age related thing. :LOL: I definitely prefer yellow.

Yellow is always the preferred color. It is just easier for time to see.

I'll alternate between yellow and white depending on the time of year and time of day I play. Some colors are better for certain times of day and seasons. I do like a yellow golf ball though.

Yellow is easier to see. I have bad eyes and need all the help I can get.

The Bridgestone "green" (e12 Contact) is definitely yellowish and seems to be the best in the widest range of course conditions.

I find orange is best on gray days.

I tried the Bridgestone e12 Contact in red this summer, thinking it would be terrific. So bright it almost hurt my eyes to look at it. I played a round with it. There were three others in my group, all in their 20s and 30s, and we all had the same impression: reasonably easy to pick up in the air, very easy to lose once it dropped under the horizon, and really hard to find on the ground.

I thought a yellow/black TruVis would be great, but I didn't see that (as it were) initially. I will try them again.

I have been playing yellow balls for 6 or 8 years now. I found a brand new yellow Srixon in the weeds one day and decided to try it out on the next hole. Fell in love and have been playing yellow ever since. I almost never have to mark my ball and I almost always find my ball when I hit an errant shot.

I almost exclusively play a non-white ball. They fit my eye and I can always tell which ball is mine out of my playing partners.

I almost exclusively play a non-white ball. They fit my eye and I can always tell which ball is mine out of my playing partners.
Interestingly, there is enough yellow being played that I often see another yellow ball in golf groups where I find myself playing, and not just because I am old, LOL.

Yellow is easier to see. I have bad eyes and need all the help I can get.

The Bridgestone "green" (e12 Contact) is definitely yellowish and seems to be the best in the widest range of course conditions.

I find orange is best on gray days.

I tried the Bridgestone e12 Contact in red this summer, thinking it would be terrific. So bright it almost hurt my eyes to look at it. I played a round with it. There were three others in my group, all in their 20s and 30s, and we all had the same impression: reasonably easy to pick up in the air, very easy to lose once it dropped under the horizon, and really hard to find on the ground.

I thought a yellow/black TruVis would be great, but I didn't see that (as it were) initially. I will try them again.

I can agree with you regarding the red balls. I played the QStar Tour Divide in red and yellow for a few rounds last season. It was a lot harder to locate the ball when the red side was facing you or facing up.

Back