I've had the opposite experience with red. I can't seem to unsee those matte red balls. It's like they are glowing.
Play them in the fall with lot's of leaves. You'll unsee them in the rough!

I've played yellow exclusively for years.

Play them in the fall with lot's of leaves. You'll unsee them in the rough!
So, no different than a white ball ... at least for me.

Agree yellow is much easier to see. Conversely, I tried an orange ball in the fall and it was harder to see than white even before the leaves were down.

Was toying with the idea of playing a yellow ball early this season. How is the Callaway yellow in the Chrome Tour line anyone know?

Was toying with the idea of playing a yellow ball early this season. How is the Callaway yellow in the Chrome Tour line anyone know?
Not sure but I do love a yellow

Not sure but I do love a yellow
Would be probably more just for fun than anything or to be different in league play but has to be a quality ball. I played the Z-Star divide for a short time last year, thinking all yellow would be a fun experiment

I have been playing a yellow ball for several years now because it is SO much easier to track in hazy sky. I like the Chrome Tour Yellow. It is a true yellow color to my eye, rather than the somewhat greenish hue that some yellow balls have. It also seems just as durable as the white balls that I received for testing.

I have been playing a yellow ball for several years now because it is SO much easier to track in hazy sky. I like the Chrome Tour Yellow. It is a true yellow color to my eye, rather than the somewhat greenish hue that some yellow balls have.
Cool maybe I’ll pick up a dozen and give them a try. I guess I could go look at the store too haha

Yellow all the way

I've played yellow golf balls for the past several years because (i) they are easier for my old eyes to follow in the air and (ii) since not a lot of folks play them, easier to identify on the ground.

Cool maybe I’ll pick up a dozen and give them a try. I guess I could go look at the store too haha
I’ll echo @Tenputt in that they are way better to track when it’s not bright blue, which sadly we both deal with too often…

What about one would you want to know?

I love the yellow ball, I see it much better.

I have a lot of friends who refuse to play a yellow ball. Golf has a lot of tradition, so I get it. I am all about spicing things up a little bit. Yellow balls are fun. Divides are fun. Truvis- type balls are fun.

I was just curious about the color of yellow is all
I’m trying to get a picture that does it justice but I’m having a hard time. It’s less intense than the old Callaway yellow and that’s a good thing. More like Bridgestone yellow if that helps

Picture probably won’t help but this is the best I can do. CT is on the bottom left
IMG_9652.jpeg

Started playing a "brite matte red" Srixon Soft Feel in '20, and then moved to Cally SS's in matte green, (they called it yellow), and then moved to Maxfli Softfli matte green by '22. Last year the Maxfli Softfli came out with a bright yellow matte, and I have purchased 6 dozen, first a 2fer deal, then a 4fer deal. I am well stocked, and this yellow is really bright! Still playing out of the first 2 dozen. Very hard to miss, even in leaves! Now, this year they have come out with a Softfli in gloss yellow! Looking to pick up a box to try this season. I really like playing a yellow ball!! What say you, my Minnesota brother??

I am 47 yrs old and I have pretty much used a yellow ball for probably 15+ yrs now. It has nothing to do with age though. I just prefer yellow, but I do track it better than other colors. Which is odd because I can't track the red and orange matte balls for anything. Green and yellow I have no issues with seeing them.

It was pretty cool to Malnati win with a yellow ProV this weekend.
Does anyone know if he is the first to win with a yellow ball on the PGA tour ? (not talking Champions Tour as I know guys like Freddie and Ernie both use yellow).

I am very stuck up about yellow balls. Pretty much will only play Srixon Tour Yellow and consider all others inferior.

I wish more folks would play yellow chromesofts……..gets expensive buying them

I have been playing a yellow ball for several years now because it is SO much easier to track in hazy sky. I like the Chrome Tour Yellow. It is a true yellow color to my eye, rather than the somewhat greenish hue that some yellow balls have. It also seems just as durable as the white balls that I received for testing.

AGREE 100%

I am very stuck up about yellow balls. Pretty much will only play Srixon Tour Yellow and consider all others inferior.
Same, but I haven’t tried the new Callaway yet to compare. Srixon just seems to have the yellow ball figured out a little bit (or a lot) better than everyone else.

Same, but I haven’t tried the new Callaway yet to compare. Srixon just seems to have the yellow ball figured out a little bit (or a lot) better than everyone else.
It's a thing of beauty.

QStar Tour yellow here.

Back