I've been playing white more during the winter as it's a bit easier for me to spot in the rough. Once everything turns green, I'll go back to yellow.

The easiest ball to spot that I've seen so far, is the bright pink Srixon my wife plays. Those suckers stand out from a mile away.

I accidentally picked up a box of ProV1 in yellow this summer, was in a hurry and didn't notice the yellow label on the box. I enjoyed them enough that I picked up 2 more next time I needed balls. Since then I've also tried the Divide balls and just picked up a box of the CS truvis that I haven't played with yet but hope to do so today.

I have switched to a off green ball at times. Specifically when going to a trip with almost all links courses. Often there isn't defined markings to judge where your ball went. Looking in the higher grass it's easier to find a non white ball.

I like yellow balls when I’m not wearing my shades. But my shades are a mid-brown in color, and really help reading the greens. But they make yellow balls harder to see at distance, land or sky.

When Srixon introduced the optic yellow what was it 10 years ago? I was all in. I played a yellow ball forever.

Same with me, I've always been able to see the yellow ones better and played them right out of the gate. Initially, I played only Srixon because they were the only company offering a tour level ball in yellow. These days you can get almost any tour level ball in a version of yellow so I can't be the only one playing that color. However, in the group I play with (about 20-30 single digit handicaps that rotate each week), yellow is FAR in the minority vs. white. Several of the guys refuse to play yellow even though they admit they can see it better. I see more higher handicaps using them regularly for whatever reason. With the group I play with, I'd say some of them still fancy themselves as "elite golfers" and if the pros don't play yellow, they won't either. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. :rolleyes:

I have a lot of white balls and maybe a dozen and a half yellow balls. Like to play the yellow balls from time to time for a change and do agree that they are easier to see, especially in my upper 50s. When I run through my current stash, will probably switch completely to yellow as long as Bridgestone keeps offering them in RX and RXS models.

Absolutely, and for just the reason you mention - it is WAY easier to see. Except for fall. The leaves screw us in the fall when we play a yellow ball.

The last time I played a yellow ball was fall last year. I lost many of them in the leaves. I'm not opposed to them though. I've got some I use whenever... just not when there are leaves everywhere.

I agree the yellow is easier to see, but that's just a bonus for me. I just wanted to play a yellow ball because why not?

I have been playing yellow for a number of years now and like it for visibility. Taylormade has a really good yellow IMO and is very easy to see.

When I wanted to try the Chrome Soft X LS they only had it in yellow Triple Track. I hit it well and better than the other balls I was playing including white Chrome Soft X and others. So its in my head I hit it better and stuck with it and I really like the way it looks. Early in the season around here when the ground is super soft, balls plug and are very easy to lose me and some of my friends get the Top Flite Bomb 24 pack in various colors. The pink is the easiest to spot and find followed by the yellow. The blue is impossible to see.

To me, the red is difficult to see everywhere.... on land or in the sky.
I found them relatively easy to locate on the ground, but yeah in the air forget it :ROFLMAO:

I have been playing yellow golf balls since they came out. I cannot remember the last time I played a white ball other than using a found one as a water ball.

Yellow Snells here. I find them easier to see in the air and, as most of my playing partners use white (and not Snells), I'm much less likely to hit the wrong ball.

54 with fading eyesight, the yellow ball is easier for me to see too. But once the grass goes dormant, I can no longer make it out against the yellowed fairways and rough. So, white during dormant season, back to yellow once courses green back up.

Anyone gone to a yellow ball as they age. I played 9 yesterday and my partner in golf crime was using a yellow ball. What I found interesting as we both are in our late 60's and in the late afternoon, that yellow ball was so easy to see. I actually changed my ball out for a yellow ball and was impressed on how easy it was to make out from from tee shots and iron play. I found on the green the yellow ball was not easy to get used to, but still interesting.
I Almost Never play white, I will switch between colors depending on time of year or mood. I did play the Tour Divide last year.
I find Red is easiest to track in the air but can disappear in the rough.

I'm all for colored balls. Not only are they easier to follow and to differentiate on the course, they also work great on the chipping/putting green.

I like pretty much all of the Callaway Supersoft matte finishes... all of them are just screaming neon bright. The green especially... I have no idea how a green ball shows up so well against green grass, but it's the easiest to find ball I've ever played.

All I got from this is that old people are to blame for the current shortage of yellow balls. They also tend to hoard more, so it's all making sense now. lol

All I got from this is that old people are to blame for the current shortage of yellow balls. They also tend to hoard more, so it's all making sense now. lol
Why you little wet behind the ears @$@#

Well picked up some Taylormade TP-5 in yellow. There was no Titlest yellow or Bridgestone or Srixon . So might as well give them, a try. I've always wanted to try this ball as I play a ProV1 or a Bridgestone Tour B-X. OH, the cat loves the yellow ball on the practice putting mat, she never chased the white ball.:giggle:

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've been playing a yellow ball on and off for several years. I got away from yellow for a couple periods of time in the last 2-3 years with the CSXTT because I thought it didn't look as good and with the Tour BXS because the yellow weren't available when I ordered a few dozen. I've since gone back and, so long as my ball of choice is available, I doubt I'll change.

When I had a choice, I've always played a yellow ball since I was a teen 40 years ago. I'm a bit color blind and I noticed from a young age that the yellow was easier to spot. The orange balls are/were harder to spot for me. It's great now that they make actual good balls with the option of yellow as well.

I've been playing white more during the winter as it's a bit easier for me to spot in the rough. Once everything turns green, I'll go back to yellow.

The easiest ball to spot that I've seen so far, is the bright pink Srixon my wife plays. Those suckers stand out from a mile away.
I'd play pink if they offered them in balls that fit me. I can always seem to find them.

I've been enjoying the yellow through Ohio winter where everything just seems to be a washed out grey...

Back