Chrome Soft X LS triple track. I prefer this to the white versiion and it is my favorite yellow ball .

Last edited:
I have been playing yellow exclusively for a few years.I usually play Srixon Z star XV or Snell MTB --X ( older version that I had a couple dozen left. I actually like the Srixon divide in white/yellow.

Played a Chrome Soft 360 Triple Track yesterday and was so impressed with how easy it was to see, both in flight and on the ground.

I still have about 2 dozen white (CSTT) on hand but I’m leaning toward changing to yellow once that stock runs out.

I quit playing white balls years ago. I have always had trouble tracking them in flight on cloudy days, I lose the white ball against the white clouds in the background way too easily.

Yellow Z-Star or Q-Star Tour are my balls of choice.

I found there was an adaptive phase with going to a colored ball. Once through that, no looking back. Green or yellow Duo Pro has been my ball of choice for several years, but getting pretty hard to find now.

I found there was an adaptive phase with going to a colored ball. Once through that, no looking back. Green or yellow Duo Pro has been my ball of choice for several years, but getting pretty hard to find now.
Yup! When I first tried a red ball, it looked really big on the tee, and then you get used to it. Moved on to yellow, might never go back to white...

My original fav was Taylormade project "a". The yellow popped. Now its the Srixon xv in Yellow.

I could never use a red or green ball, it would just , for me that is, disappear in the grass :LOL:
One of my buddies played red for a (short) while. You'd think they would really stand out and be easy to find, but just the opposite - once they hit the ground they completely disappeared!

The neon lime green is actually a really good color. It stands out in the air and is easy to find on the ground. I played the lime green Supersofts in '22 and really liked them.

I had a go with those Taylor Made Tour Response Stripe balls last season. They’d be as well being camouflaged.

Even in the middle of the fairway the green or the red are pretty much a nightmare to see.

Great ball though, if you can find it. Good around the greens and putt well.

I was using yellow and then everyone else started to use yellow so I am back to white. If I don't have to mark my ball that is what I prefer.
I can see the differences in the yellow balls. The Maxfli Tour I play has a slightly darker yellow than the yellow version of the ProV1 that most play. I also use the lime green vice which really stands out.

Wilson Duo Optix for me in any colour that's available cheaply. I can always find a unique colour in my bag to save me marking my ball and the feel off the club face of these ultra soft balls is great ..

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

I have 5 dozen white balls in the closet. Right now they are tough to follow so when they're gone it's yellow for me.

Back