THP Fantasy Football Week 15: Sponsored by Edel Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Gardell Reaction GIF by CBS
Happy Will Ferrell GIF

Maybe we'll play each other again in a week with a little bit of luck, if we both play our cards right 🍻

Barring something crazy tonight it looks like you should have it! Southside Rejects looking like the unlucky ones... most points in the league but look to be falling to fifth.
Feel bad for Southside as the team I played along with the other team tied at 8-6 played against opponents who had inactives in starting lineup. Not sure if it would have made any difference but......

Feel bad for Southside as the team I played along with the other team tied at 8-6 played against opponents who had inactives in starting lineup. Not sure if it would have made any difference but......
It's hard to believe considering that both those teams had an outside chance of still making the playoffs!

Who else got screwed with the playoffs being only record?
Is there a league where the playoffs don't use records?

I think I was that guy last year (or 2 years ago), but I think I felt more unlucky than screwed. Lots of different ways it can happen - bad luck on the schedule, midseason injuries, or you could even load your team with boom and bust guys, score 160 one week and 80 the next - lead the league in points, but doesn't help week to week.

I find this league in particular is all about bench management and trades. Without any IR spots, only 7 bench spots, and only 4 of 14 making the playoffs, setting your bench up to complement your starters, while gathering as many quality players at one position as possible, and then going for broke by trading them for a stud gives you at least a fighting chance to contend. Sometimes you can make a pickup that helps you short term, but can hurt you long term (i.e. picking up a one-week rental for a bye and dropping your handcuff running back), so it's not always about maximizing your points on the season.

I think this league is fun because it takes a different type of strategy than the 10 team league with 3 IR spots and 6 playoff spots. But ask me again next year when I finish 5th and I may have a different response :ROFLMAO:

I think I was that guy last year (or 2 years ago), but I think I felt more unlucky than screwed. Lots of different ways it can happen - bad luck on the schedule, midseason injuries, or you could even load your team with boom and bust guys, score 160 one week and 80 the next - lead the league in points, but doesn't help week to week.

I find this league in particular is all about bench management and trades. Without any IR spots, only 7 bench spots, and only 4 of 14 making the playoffs, setting your bench up to complement your starters, while gathering as many quality players at one position as possible, and then going for broke by trading them for a stud gives you at least a fighting chance to contend. Sometimes you can make a pickup that helps you short term, but can hurt you long term (i.e. picking up a one-week rental for a bye and dropping your handcuff running back), so it's not always about maximizing your points on the season.

I think this league is fun because it takes a different type of strategy than the 10 team league with 3 IR spots and 6 playoff spots. But ask me again next year when I finish 5th and I may have a different response :ROFLMAO:
We've all had that year of you play long enough, still sucks though. A couple of my leagues give the last spot to the high point remaining that doesn't get in on record, which works pretty well, but definitely not the norm.

I have never played in a league were it's all points. The leagues I play in now go 2 record and 2 points. 1. Best record 2. Most points 3. Next best record 4. Best remaining points. But I do not play free espn or nfl leagues, so I have no clue how those leagues work.

Just sucks to mot make it because you had a bad schedule, so 1 team should make it on points. And this is not just cause of me. I have felt this way, and have brought it up each year, about points

I have never played in a league were it's all points. The leagues I play in now go 2 record and 2 points. 1. Best record 2. Most points 3. Next best record 4. Best remaining points. But I do not play free espn or nfl leagues, so I have no clue how those leagues work.

Just sucks to mot make it because you had a bad schedule, so 1 team should make it on points. And this is not just cause of me. I have felt this way, and have brought it up each year, about points
I've been playing fantasy for 17 years and usually play 3 or 4 leagues a year. I've never played in a league that rewards points leaders. I have thought about rewarding the highest point player with their buy-in $ back though.

I was in 1st place all season which meant I had the 14th waiver position every week (and I drafted 14th weirdly), so I had to get real creative with injuries and byes or think way ahead because I was never picking up a player that anyone else wanted.

I've been playing fantasy for 17 years and usually play 3 or 4 leagues a year. I've never played in a league that rewards points leaders. I have thought about rewarding the highest point player with their buy-in $ back though.

I was in 1st place all season which meant I had the 14th waiver position every week (and I drafted 14th weirdly), so I had to get real creative with injuries and byes or think way ahead because I was never picking up a player that anyone else wanted.
I commission my family league and my college league. I give the regular season point leader their money back, the person that loses the championship their money back, and then the rest to the winner. I think that is the fairest way. The first year I did it there was initially some pushback for not giving third their money back but usually the point leader ends up at third anyway and it ends up being fair. But the regular season should count for something.

Thats because the teams that scores the most points in the season in the NFL doesnt get into the playoffs automatically either.
The team with the best records do and winning divisions.

I commission my family league and my college league. I give the regular season point leader their money back, the person that loses the championship their money back, and then the rest to the winner. I think that is the fairest way. The first year I did it there was initially some pushback for not giving third their money back but usually the point leader ends up at third anyway and it ends up being fair. But the regular season should count for something.
I commission my old high school league so I think I'm going to think of a way to incorporate something like this, but I still like 3rd place getting their money back. I try to make every playoff game mean something, including consolation by having winner of the consolation bracket get 1st pick in the next years draft and last place receiving a yearly voted and unique punishment.

This was pretty much me as well. While I wasn't in first all season, I was in the top 3 most of it and never had chances to any free agents. I sometimes wonder if you're better off losing early to have chances at them in leagues this big. It didn't help that I lost 2 of my first 4 picks early either and had no way of replacing them. I guess my draft strategy will change and I'll take some backups with draft picks from now on. But that don't help with bye weeks. It's a tricky situation 😁.

And before anyone says I could've made trades. Trust me, I tried Lol
I honestly don't make trades often but I've been burned by the ones I have made. One year, I traded Darren Waller, David Montgomery, and Raheem Mostert for Christian McCaffrey. I had peek Kamara too and my team looked stacked, but I lost all of my depth and McCaffrey only played 1 game before he got hurt. Waller was my starter, Montgomery had a great end of the year, and I lost in the championship on the week that Kamara (Again, MY player) had 6 TDs in 1 game :ROFLMAO: I would have won the league if I never made that trade.

This year I traded James Conner for Tank Dell. It was a good trade and my team looked complete but Tank Dell is out for the season and my starting RBs (Jacobs and Walker III) have been banged up lately with no good backups.

Drafting strategy is super important but I wouldn't second guess winning every chance you get.

Thats because the teams that scores the most points in the season in the NFL doesnt get into the playoffs automatically either.
The team with the best records do and winning divisions.
That's why this is "Fantasy" football

That's why this is "Fantasy" football
Yup. Based on the outcomes of the NFL.
Our rules haven’t changed and head to head record is and should be the determining factor.

We believe record should be the deciding factor with a tie breaker to points. Otherwise there is really no reason to have a weekly schedule. If someone doesn’t like that, THP leagues, including the Fantasy Football Experience coming next year will not be for them.

In some light searching and reaching out to experts, they tend to agree with our choices. Nor do I believe anybody “got screwed”.

Yup. Based on the outcomes of the NFL.
Our rules haven’t changed and head to head record is and should be the determining factor.

We believe record should be the deciding factor with a tie breaker to points. Otherwise there is really no reason to have a weekly schedule. If someone doesn’t like that, THP leagues, including the Fantasy Football Experience coming next year will not be for them.

In some light searching and reaching out to experts, they tend to agree with our choices. Nor do I believe anybody “got screwed”.
NFFC, FFPC, FFWC all big money leagues that do not agree with your "experts". There are no big money leagues that do not use points and record as a playoff factor.

I love fantasy football probably as much or not more then any person on here. I'm just looking to improving experiences with my experience in this industry.

NFFC, FFPC, FFWC all big money leagues that do not agree with your "experts". There are no big money leagues that do not use points and record as a playoff factor.

I love fantasy football probably as much or not more then any person on here. I'm just looking to improving experiences with my experience in this industry.
I’m not arguing with you.
Our rules are in place and have been for a decade. We believe record is the most important factor and have plenty of experience here.

You don’t along with a host of other things, however strongly disagree with the notion of “getting screwed”. Simple solution though.

We know it’s never possible to please everybody but will continue to believe in what we do and put out a product and service that many seem to enjoy.

I’m not arguing with you.
Our rules are in place and have been for a decade. We believe record is the most important factor and have plenty of experience here.

You don’t along with a host of other things, however strongly disagree with the notion of “getting screwed”. Simple solution though.

We know it’s never possible to please everybody but will continue to believe in what we do and put out a product and service that many seem to enjoy.
Not arguing at all...just discussing.

Not arguing at all...just discussing.
We prefer to celebrate and congratulate those that won and made the playoffs rather than immediately go with the “Who else was screwed by THP and its rules”, so will be closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back