THP goes to #TheGrandaddy - What questions do YOU have for Callaway?

So would that be to get more weight back for a higher launch and would that create more spin?

So would that be to get more weight back for a higher launch and would that create more spin?

These guys did it just to add weight to the club head. They said launch/spin characteristics would be pretty minimal

These guys did it just to add weight to the club head. They said launch/spin characteristics would be pretty minimal

Have they gotten pondery and tried the APW weight on a fairway wood?

Hmmm, wonder how a guy could get his hands on one?

They also went with a lighter weight in the head then added the second sliding weight. Helped increase the MOI a touch and add higher launch

Have they gotten pondery and tried the APW weight on a fairway wood?

I don't believe that question got asked. We talked about gravity cores in a FW, and they told us that the core wouldn't be able to be big enough to make any difference.

They also went with a lighter weight in the head then added the second sliding weight. Helped increase the MOI a touch and add higher launch

Yep exactly. Just not a big difference seen with it.

I don't believe that question got asked. We talked about gravity cores in a FW, and they told us that the core wouldn't be able to be big enough to make any difference.

Oddly enough, that was another question I had haha. With the lack of height, yeah I could see there just not being enough space to work with.

If you can remember, what was the one question they answered that surprised you? NDA friendly of course.

Ah, they are in the ultimate place to try new things. Golf addict Heaven

Oddly enough, that was another question I had haha. With the lack of height, yeah I could see there just not being enough space to work with.

If you can remember, what was the one question they answered that surprised you? NDA friendly of course.

For me, putters, when Koske looked directly at me to address the flow/CS question even though I didn't ask it LOL!

For me, putters, when Koske looked directly at me to address the flow/CS question even though I didn't ask it LOL!

Hahaha he just knew. I asked last year about flow neck's and just frowned. I get it, but that sucks

For me just hearing Chip Brewer talk so candidly about the company, and about how much they truly value and observe consumer feedback.

For me just hearing Chip Brewer talk so candidly about the company, and about how much they truly value and observe consumer feedback.

I bet Mr Brewer there was a really freakin cool experience. Here's the CEO.. What do you want to ask? I mean really?

Hahaha he just knew. I asked last year about flow neck's and just frowned. I get it, but that sucks

More proof that they read the feedback!

More proof that they read the feedback!

Here's something I hope they read then... It might work, right?

"At least just think about offering a flow neck option, even in very limited supply. Even if it takes 6-8 weeks for the buyer to receive because you made only 10."

Here's something I hope they read then... It might work, right?

"At least just think about offering a flow neck option, even in very limited supply. Even if it takes 6-8 weeks for the buyer to receive because you made only 10."
I'll preorder :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

and ball speed increase for some players as well

I'm assuming that was just the "not enough demand" answer?

I thought it was interesting and refreshing that the XR hybrid line was intended to be a 2 year release (like the irons). I had not heard that (or had at least missed it) prior to this past week.

I hope that's not the case. Was really hoping to buy new irons and hybrids for whatever replaced the XR line. Guess I'll be sticking with them another season if that's the case.

My REAL hope would be if they would have a new driver to replace the V Series. I'd love them to create another light driver head and update it with the R-Moto face. I really like my V Series head but it would be awesome if they would add the newest tech to it.

The V Series head weighs in at 187 grams. The Great Big Bertha head weighs in at 195 grams. I can feel the difference and prefer the V Series weight.

I bet Mr Brewer there was a really freakin cool experience. Here's the CEO.. What do you want to ask? I mean really?

One of my favorite parts of the entire trip! As if the ZooCrew isn't awesome enough, here we are chatting with the CEO of Callaway Golf! Unbelievably surreal and makes you realize how passionate they are about their jobs! Mr Brewer was so down to earth, I never would have thought that just reading CEO next to his job title but now I can't envision a more perfect attitude for a person to have in that kind of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chip was so awesome. Answered all the questions we had and even dipped into the "5 year war". Pretty neat stuff

Chip was so awesome. Answered all the questions we had and even dipped into the "5 year war". Pretty neat stuff

One of my favorite parts were the questions with Chip.
"You would think Harry would have asked or talked to me about launching a war".

"So you're asking about Dustin Johnson, no we did not look at signing him".

One of my favorite parts were the questions with Chip.
"You would think Harry would have asked or talked to me about launching a war".

"So you're asking about Dustin Johnson, no we did not look at signing him".

Hahaha you were very PC with delivering the question. I was shocked he came straight out and said that

Hahaha you were very PC with delivering the question. I was shocked he came straight out and said that

I tried to be, because in the end it was not really about DJ, but other players such as Reed, Tiger and a few others. It was just the "character" thing I was asking about.

Loved his input on 10 up and comers vs 1 superstar that has struggled in the spotlight.

Back