THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Working on a few swing issues so cap has moved up slightly. Should be good in the long run. Only moved about half a point. Trying to hit more down on ball with irons and improve swing path.

Sub 6. 5.8 after my 78 today.
5.4. 1.4 away from my low cap last year. And already down 2.8 from my high of 8.2 at the beginning of the season. Incredible what confidence on the tee can do

Just checked mine. Trending upward. Currently at 12.8. That's the highest I've been since I reestablished my index last year. I'm okay with that as it's reflective of where my game is at this point of the season. I got down to 11.0 last fall and it has gone up since the season has started.

After tonight’s mens league round, handicap has gone down to 16.4.

My handicap is down to 34.3 - I know it's not much for some people, but it's dropped 2 points so far this year which I think is wonderful for limited playtime. Just got my email this morning!

My handicap is down to 34.3 - I know it's not much for some people, but it's dropped 2 points so far this year which I think is wonderful for limited playtime. Just got my email this morning!
Congrats! That's still an improvement 👊.

Down ever so slightly from 9.52 to 9.45. Essentially flat. I had a really nice round Friday but counteracted it with a disappointing round (results wise) on Sunday, and I lost a 70's score rolling off. And the next two rolling off are two more 70's rounds, so I've got some work to do :p

Slight adjustment after todays round down to 16.1. Progress is steadily coming.

Just got a set of brand new clubs, all 14. My two rounds with them are 83 and 84…index stayed at 10.1.

I think I just set a new all-time low of 9.2!

5.4. 1.4 away from my low cap last year. And already down 2.8 from my high of 8.2 at the beginning of the season. Incredible what confidence on the tee can do
Slight increase to 5.6 after two TERRIBLE rounds this weekend

I have crept up to a 9.4 right now, but I think some things are coming back and I'll start moving in the right direction. At least I hope, especially since I was down to a 6.2 over the winter...

Floating around the 6.6 area.

Today I surpassed my unrealistic goal for this season, with getting to 10.9, started at 18.5 and 12 was my dream goal.

So I guess single digits is my new goal for the rest of this year :eek:o_O

Not official but I do put all my scores into 18birdies. They have me at 16.4 right now which feels roughly right. Nice to see that it's now based on rounds from the last two years. It briefly dipped to 15.4, but that was after I posted my 84 on Monday morning. Went out and shot a 101 that afternoon, and it must have dropped a low score out of the last 20. I don't know when I'll get to play again, but I think I'll be closer to the 84 than the 101.

Sitting at 6.6 right now. All but one round from the old course has fallen off and I feel like this is a much truer HC for me. Only playing on the weekends instead of getting one or two midweek rounds in has taken its toll but feel better about playing a more challenging course this year.

Mine is currently 8.9 on the GHIN....been playing well that last weekend and for my age, i still bang it out there when i am hitting the driver well. If i am turning it over gently then i can hit most fairways and hit the greens

Last edited:
I have dropped to an all-time low of 6.1!

I again have all 8 of my counting rounds with single-digit differentials.

Cap is now down to 15.2 after todays round.

Today's score of 80 moved me from 10.0 to 9.9

yesterday I managed to score well on a course outside of my home course. 10 par (record for me) and 3db.... and some bogeys.

went down to 10.7.

I was very happy about my strategy, I studied the course one day before and wrote down all my tee choices. so when the round started I could relaxe and stick to my plan. safe played.

After 3 blazing rounds (1 of which being from forward tee's) my handicap is down to 24.8.

I don't believe it at all, something happened with the algorithm and math was broken somewhere in there.

16.4 down from 18 something earlier this year. Been playing more and getting more consistent which of course has helped

Up just a tick to 6.8 I am okay with this as finally a truer more reflective HC since leaving my old course and playing more challenging courses this year.

Back