THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Good job. Putting and Great driver was key for me, so much more fun when these two works

Thanks man. Putting is the key for me also. Shot Scope has helped me learn that I leave way too many putts short inside 10 ft, so I've been mainly focusing on getting it to the hole consistently. Still too many left short, but getting there.

I've had Massive Massive problems with short putts until I started to address the club 2 inches before the Ball at Setup. That fixed my thing. With a Tiny backstroke added to this the whole stroke feels very Easy and simple.

I got down low 12s then went out with 44/38 on a difficult course, but very fair. Then on an easy course I went 48/40.... UGHHHH!!!!Things that keep me from single digit!

Took me 10 years but I made my goal after todays round! Have a little ( - ) next to a number. Thanks THP as a all of the progress was directly related to the people/advice/help I found here since 2012.

Being able to play a lot this last month and some great new tools to use has helped. To have it drop from a 9 last year to a plus is blowing my mind. Don't know if it will travel, but will find out when I go out to Utah for my birthday this month. Then again it won't be competitive, just family.

Will start an official cap next season instead of just an app. Expect the limited golf this winter will kick it back up. Don't care...I know I can do it. Just takes playing and practicing a lot for me.
Screenshot_20220907_180742.jpg

Last edited:
I joined WA State Golf Assn today. I entered my scores. I started the season at 16.8, then it went up to 17.9, then in July it dropped to 16.2, and as of Friday it was at 16.8. This was as I was entering. So when everything goes official tomorrow it should be 16.8. I suck at this game.

Got a couple rounds before a scoring round drops off, so hopefully I can keep my handicap where it is (5.3)

Pleased to have that little buffer after my back problems as I won't have played for almost 3 weeks (assuming I can manage our mixed pairs final in just over a week)

Screenshot_20220909-114335.png

snuck below down to a 8.9 with an accidental double posting of a round.

back to a 9.6 after yesterday dropping my lowest score on the card off after 14 months or so.

trending back to double digits.

Slight dip in the right direction. Tonight’s round dropped the cap to 12.5.

down to a 5.2. Right before our club championship. Assuming I'll be in the flight right below the championship flight. Excited to play some tournament golf!
Haven't had much movement since this post but I'm down to an even 5.0. After how my game was trending last year before the GD, I really didn't think seeing a 5 as the first number was possible again. Being fitted and having confidence in that fit has been huge for me this season. My cap still doesn't travel the best and that will be a huge focus next year for me. But all things considered, I'm really happy with my game this year. One month (plus a few days) of posting season left!

Season is slowly getting to its end, I'm sitting at 10.0, but feeling very confident. I know my swing by now, how it works. Next year I'm aiming at 7-8 numbers. Working on the short game in off season will make this possible. I Hope 🤔

I ended last year at 18.4 averaging my 8 lowest differentials. This year I made it official and dropped to 16.2. I think 2.2 strokes is pretty insignificant. Although I have had 3 rounds in the 80s which I didn't have last year. So maybe I've had a better year. Or maybe it's TaylorMade? What is the difference between my bag this year and last? It's the driver. I've practiced less.

Another slight adjustment in the correct direction, and a big one for me mentally. Today's round dropped me to a 12.4, making a full 10.0 stroke improvement from the end of last season.

Haven't had much movement since this post but I'm down to an even 5.0. After how my game was trending last year before the GD, I really didn't think seeing a 5 as the first number was possible again. Being fitted and having confidence in that fit has been huge for me this season. My cap still doesn't travel the best and that will be a huge focus next year for me. But all things considered, I'm really happy with my game this year. One month (plus a few days) of posting season left!
After my 76 today, I’ll be down to a 4.6 after the update tomorrow. Lowest I’ve been since my 4.0 in early July last year. I got up to as high as an 8.2 early this year.

I’m sure I’ll fluctuate next year as well but I really feel like I’m in a good place after a few struggles this season.

Down to 9.6 today. Seasonn starting to end here in Sweden, I Hope I will crush that 9 before the Course are closing...

Today I had a strange round, 44/38, I haven't break 80 yet, Hoping for Next week, will play 4 times 😂

Last edited:
Another drop in the right direction. Tonight’s 81 dropped me to 12.1. Could not be more stoked right now.

Hovering in the high 9s right now, but really pushing to get back down in the 6's this winter!

Posting season ends on the 31st. My handicap has gone from 11.0 to 13.9 this season

Sorry for the bragging. But shot a 76 today. Down to 8.5. I feel Immortal,,😂

After my 76 today, I’ll be down to a 4.6 after the update tomorrow. Lowest I’ve been since my 4.0 in early July last year. I got up to as high as an 8.2 early this year.

I’m sure I’ll fluctuate next year as well but I really feel like I’m in a good place after a few struggles this season.
Got it down to a 4.3 but had a couple rounds get pushed off and am up to a 4.7. I have a 39 waiting to be combined with what will most likely be my last round (and it's only nine holes) of the season today :( We will see where I end up, but I am really happy with my improvement this year. Started off really rough and I'm hoping that doesn't happen next year seeing as I have an experience to go to in May

Busy week ahead might mean no more golf in the handicap posting season for me. At a 4.7 right now, but have a 5.0 and a -2.0 differential coming off in the next two rounds.

Posting ends Sunday and I'm currently at 14.4. That's the highest I've been in the last two years.

My handicap crept up to 9.8 from 9.3 the last update.
I feel like next one it should start trending in the right direction.

Started last year at 2.2 rose up to 4.3 and finished the year at 2.4. This year I'm down to 0.8.

Holding at 13.0 after the first two rounds of the season.

Mine has been hanging right around 5 for quite a while. However, I am seeing some things in my game that make me hopeful that I can shoot some really good scores.

Back