THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Sorry I haven't been on here. My wife kids and myself were paid a visit by the norovirus. Slowly getting better. Hope everyone's game is progressing. Hope to get out Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope they get better soon!!

Sorry I haven't been on here. My wife kids and myself were paid a visit by the norovirus. Slowly getting better. Hope everyone's game is progressing. Hope to get out Thursday.

That does not sound good. We had something similar a few weeks ago and it rocked our world.

I got out this weekend to play. Did not play great. I have a lot to work on. Fortunately we have lots of time before July.

I actually got out yesterday and...well... Let's just say there's a bit to work on. Although, the course was in rough shape, even for dormant bermuda. And we were more racing the sun, trying to get as many holes in as possible (got to 12), than playing golf. Ball striking was not as good as my last outing, which wasn't that long ago. So I'm just chalk this up to one of those days (that you can see your breath) and look forward to next week's time change and FINALLY being able to get out after work.
I feel your pain. Sometimes it seems like I take two steps forward and maybe three steps back. I'll be raring to go by the time July 9th rolls around though. Count on it Deposed-King Huhhh! :wink:

That does not sound good. We had something similar a few weeks ago and it rocked our world.

I got out this weekend to play. Did not play great. I have a lot to work on. Fortunately we have lots of time before July.

It was really tough in the kids. We have a 3 year old and 8 month old. It really knocked them for a loop. We're ok though.

Anyways glad you got to play. Weather was nice and gonna be even better this week. Lots of time to hone those skills.

It was really tough in the kids. We have a 3 year old and 8 month old. It really knocked them for a loop. We're ok though.

Anyways glad you got to play. Weather was nice and gonna be even better this week. Lots of time to hone those skills.

Nothing worse than seeing the little ones being sick. Our little man handled it better than we did though.

Absolutely beautiful day for us yesterday. Game did not cooperate. Short game is coming around but still needs a lot of work. Also realized that I need to do something for my fitness since we are playing 36 in July.

Played a round yesterday and it was good and bad. 100yds and in and putting was great but my approach shots need a lot of work. Driver finally came around but I think I messed up my knee and I could barely walk by the end of the round. Might be out of commission for a while. I tore the ACL in my left knee about 20 years ago but have managed to live with it, yesterday I twisted it on a side hill lie and it is killing me. It flairs up every now and then, so a little rest and I should be good as new. It's funny, 2 years ago I did 3 mud runs including a 13 mile tough mudder with nothing but a few bumps and bruises and then twist my knee on a golf course. I guess the price of getting older.

Nothing worse than seeing the little ones being sick. Our little man handled it better than we did though.

Absolutely beautiful day for us yesterday. Game did not cooperate. Short game is coming around but still needs a lot of work. Also realized that I need to do something for my fitness since we are playing 36 in July.
I need to work on my fitness big time for this event 36 holes is a lot of golf especially in the summer time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I need to work on my fitness big time for this event 36 holes is a lot of golf especially in the summer time.

We usually walk 36 mid summer. Only hard if you don't hydrate. Then again, I'm only 43 so it's still easy to get around.

Excited on the progress made from my last lesson. Plan is to hit the range Thur depending on whether an install completes at the house before my afternoon meetings...calling for some shower over the weekend but I'm going to try to get out both days

Absolutely sucked not getting to play over the weekend. Not sure what hit me, and I never had a fever, ( although I felt really hot, then would get cold? ) but I had an annoying cough, upset stomach, and bad body aches. Felt better yesterday afternoon, and am back at work now. Going to hit the range hopefully twice this week, and am playing Whiskey Creek Saturday. Going to get in a lot of putting work with the longer days.

Being properly hydrated will be key as well. That starts days prior to the event ...

http://www.livescience.com/38553-staying-hydrated-in-the-heat.html
Good article!

I am very bad about properly hydrating. Last year was my first summer down here where I played golf (or did much of anything outside, for that matter). I constantly found that if I didn't drink a bottle of water every hole to hole and a half... I was useless.

One particular tournament on a humid, extremely hot day in August, the course ran out of water in most of the coolers. I played a stretch of about 3 holes where my only thought was how hot I was.

Unfortunately, I'm in the habit of wearing a cotton t-shirt beneath my polos. That's something I will be changing this season during the warmer weather tournaments.

As I was walking up the the 16th green, I got extremely light headed and sat on the cart path in the shade, kind of in a daze. Luckily, one of the guys I was playing with had an extra bottle of water and offered it to me. I sipped it slowly and was able to cool off enough to finish my round.

That taught me to bring plenty of bottles of water with me and to refill them every chance I got. I monitor my intake and make sure it's at least 10 bottles of water (and usually at least 1 Gatorade) throughout a hot round. I also try to bring a sandwich and some peanuts and eat a bit every 4-5 holes.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Proper hydration also means taking it easy on the sauce leading up to the event. Alcohol will dehydrate you and it takes a long time to fully recover.

Absolutely sucked not getting to play over the weekend. Not sure what hit me, and I never had a fever, ( although I felt really hot, then would get cold? ) but I had an annoying cough, upset stomach, and bad body aches. Felt better yesterday afternoon, and am back at work now. Going to hit the range hopefully twice this week, and am playing Whiskey Creek Saturday. Going to get in a lot of putting work with the longer days.

Glad you're feeling better! Go do some work!!! We need you!

I and now drinking 1gal of water per day. On days I play golf I may drink that or more before,during and after a rounds when i don't i can feel it. Another key thing is to snack/eat as well.

Now, if you add something to the water I might have a chance of drinking a gallon. That much scotch would make my bag to heavy!!! Ha

No doubt. Even if you are riding it's still a factor. I know some guys struggled with it at The Morgan Cup. I don't lack of fitness to be a factor at all in my match.

No doubt. Even if you are riding it's still a factor. I know some guys struggled with it at The Morgan Cup. I don't lack of fitness to be a factor at all in my match.

My back still hurts from carrying you the last few holes at Caledonia. :laughing:

Does anybody know MDGolfHacker?
I see that he was logged in as recently as yesterday, but he has still not responded to GG's PM in regards to the event.

Does anybody know MDGolfHacker?
I see that he was logged in as recently as yesterday, but he has still not responded to GG's PM in regards to the event.
Sent you a PM

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Was busy with hoops stuff over the weekend. But enjoyed catching up with everyone's updates.

Weather should allow for some good practice this week.

Don't forget to post what your working on in the Range/Practice thread.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

My back still hurts from carrying you the last few holes at Caledonia. :laughing:

I just want you to feel like you're contributing something to the team

This is for anyone and everyone. Ron and I are fully aware that life, and all that associated with life can throw curve balls at anytime. Neither one of us expect this event or THP to come before your responsibilities at home or anywhere else. In the end, this is golf, it's supposed to be fun. However, we only ask that when your having a rough go of it, just drop a pm to one of us and let us know. You don't have to go into the details if you don't want to. However dropping off the face of the planet for extended periods of time without warning is alarming. It sends a mixed message to all of us in the event.

Back