THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

You all are Yankees plain and simple lol, and I'm a halfback because I moved to Florida from Maryland and moved half way back. They call me a damn yankee lol cause I stayed.

born an raised in upstate NY...will be a Yankee all my life even if I appreciate a lot of southern things

This feels vaguely familiar

ca20914df732c336e14b85be2e2ec14c.jpg

Getting some work in...

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

For an example, the announcement about this event being held here hit the home page and I dont think anybody even noticed. :D

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.

Bumping this for those that are new to the thread.

In case people have forgot, the Hashtag for this event is
#THPRegionalRivalry not #RegionalRivalry

And the sponsor is @TrueTemper and @THPGolf
Getting tweets with all different companies in there and videos and such. All fun and all, but if you are looking at it from the MVP status, and that once in a lifetime opportunity, I would go with the above.

And the sponsor is @TrueTemper and @THPGolf
Getting tweets with all different companies in there and videos and such. All fun and all, but if you are looking at it from the MVP status, and that once in a lifetime opportunity, I would go with the above.

Glad to see this in here as well.

Two straight days working on putting consistency - gotta get it the short game ready for this!

I think it's safe to say that the Carolinas group is in great hands with Capt Ron, if today was any indication of what will happen in July, the Carolinians will rally around him with unyielding support and resolve.

The Carolinas are in exceptional hands.

Alright y'all (getting my south speak ready for this Mid-Atlantic/South Battle!) - Already sent this to Kevin but I need to get this posted already!

Have ever played in a team event?
Yes, I play in several team events each year – namely (1) ryder cup style trips to Pinehurst with 16 guys to start a golfing season and (2) events at my local club.
What makes you an asset to the entire team?
I am unrelentingly positive about other people’s game. As a former collegiate coach I am far better at motivating others and keeping their head in the game. Also, I have a short memory in golf because there is no point in reliving a bad moment. I allow myself to be mad for about 20 steps before I force myself to focus on the next shot.
What do you look for from a playing partner?
Someone who has an accurate handicap, likes to have fun and laugh, and who can give back some of the good vibes about my game when things get hard.
What do you have to offer a playing partner?
I’m very good at helping others think through course management and keeping this positive. I’m just better at helping others with the mental aspect that I am at handling my own most times (eh – gotta know your own weaknesses to get better).
What was you biggest accomplishment in 2015 with your game?
Breaking 80. Seeing that I can do it when things are working has only fueled the fire to keep improving.
What is your biggest strength in the game?
Playing to my handicap consistently. Almost every part of my game can be up or down on any given day but I find a way to grind to my handicap no matter what. This aspect is overlooked too often but when we are looking at events with pops, it matters. I’ll never be run away with a match but I will net par the crap out of people and steal a few with net birdies.
What do you do to maintain it?
Working on all aspects of the game equally so that I can lean on anything when needed. The jack of all trades, master of none mentality might be bad in some cases but I think it is great for golf.
What is the biggest weakness in your game?
Putting. Way too streaky.
What is your plan to overcome it?
2016 is the year of the putt. I bought a putting green for my home and am working to putt at least 30 putts each day (more schedule allowing). I plan to work on 3, 6, and 9 feet mainly. Making more of these will allow me to have more strokes gained on the greens.
How will you know you've been successful?
Dropping my handicap further. My goal is to break single digits. In 2015, I went from a 20.2 to a 13.1. I want to break into single digits and know that the putting green and chipping is the key to doing this.
Do you prefer to practice or play?
Both – I prefer to play but I use the time before or after a round to use the practice facilities to work on discrete parts of the game. I have fake grass, birdie balls, and a swingbyte 2 that I use in the park when I can’t make it to the range. I live right across the street from the park so I can do this if I have 45 min to spare.
What is your handicap index?
What is your goal for handicap by Aug 1, 2016?

I think it's safe to say that the Carolinas group is in great hands with Capt Ron, if today was any indication of what will happen in July, the Carolinians will rally around him with unyielding support and resolve.

The Carolinas are in exceptional hands.
I have it easy with the quality of guys we have. Hope to see everyone trying to get in ,tweeting and posting about the event and their prep

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have already started my practice of running through walls for my capt.

I can see I need to start keeping a points tally.....cause with a post like that, you'd be in a hole. A big hole in fact.

I like seeing some of those Call Outs already for the DMV guys. Can't wait to follow along with everyone's prep work.

Putting in the time for #THPRegionalRivalry, sponsored by @TrueTemper and @THPGolf. Yoga and burpees are on the schedule for tonight. -- @_suds_

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thank you because I have made that mistake.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

"The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary". Vince Lombardi

Last edited:
Finally feeling better and Mother Nature decides to drop some cold weather on us. Today will be dedicated to working on putting stroke with the perfect putter board

Work isn't work anymore, just fun, when it comes to practicing and improving at golf!!

Finally feeling better and Mother Nature decides to drop some cold weather on us. Today will be dedicated to working on putting stroke with the perfect putter board

Supposed to be47 degrees this weekend though which sounds like golf weather to me!! I can take my bedroom putting and chipping work to the course!

Arundel Gold Park has heated bays. If you're looking for swing work.

Announcement

The 2016 THP Program of #ChangeTheGame encompasses a lot of variables, but one of the items that we are enjoying most is inclusive vs exclusive and what it can mean to newcomers. With that said, there is something unique coming to these events that could make it a lot of fun as well.

While only 16 participants will be playing in the event, THP knows that the day of reckoning has a lot of supports from each region, so we are going to open this up for support, not just online but in person. The meet and greet the night before, will be open to any Albatross Club Members from each region to come on out, enjoy the company of other THPers and watch the matches get setup. The range before the round will be open to supporters of each region to come out, offer some words of encouragement and watch the guys prepare for battle.

The dinner post event is also a possibility, however that will be completely dependent on space availability, and each region will have that announced at least a month in advance so plans can be arranged.

There is a lot at stake here, and we hope THPers enjoy the inclusion and are able to cheer their team on to victory.

Announcement

The 2016 THP Program of #ChangeTheGame encompasses a lot of variables, but one of the items that we are enjoying most is inclusive vs exclusive and what it can mean to newcomers. With that said, there is something unique coming to these events that could make it a lot of fun as well.

While only 16 participants will be playing in the event, THP knows that the day of reckoning has a lot of supports from each region, so we are going to open this up for support, not just online but in person. The meet and greet the night before, will be open to any Albatross Club Members from each region to come on out, enjoy the company of other THPers and watch the matches get setup. The range before the round will be open to supporters of each region to come out, offer some words of encouragement and watch the guys prepare for battle.

The dinner post event is also a possibility, however that will be completely dependent on space availability, and each region will have that announced at least a month in advance so plans can be arranged.

There is a lot at stake here, and we hope THPers enjoy the inclusion and are able to cheer their team on to victory.
Love this

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Announcement

Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like fun. THPers are great to mingle with!!

Great idea JB. Love seeing local THPers able to come support their teams.

Back