THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn than finding a practice bunker in Massachusetts. I have one right down the street from me but it's like hitting out of a concrete 1/2 pipe.

There's an indoor facility that has sand near me - it's synthetic so you don't get dust all over yourself. I hate hitting balls inside but will probably go there for any sand work.

That's a lot to work on - is there one of those things you're going to focus most on? Bunker play is something I need to work on, the problem is finding a place to do it.

If I had to pick one it would be iron ball striking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... How would you compare it to hitting real sand? Does it react the same?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tee game, short game. Working on both to get them up to par again.

Interesting... How would you compare it to hitting real sand? Does it react the same?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's like hitting out of nice sand. So, not a good match for most of the bunkers here in the northeast.

First tee time of 2016 is set for this Saturday. Looking forward to getting out on the course. May try to get out on Friday also.

I'm still debating whether I played well or not last Thursday. Looking forward to the weather warming up just a little bit more for practice after work. I'm ready for some more driver practice and getting a finish like nerfny!

I'm still debating whether I played well or not last Thursday. Looking forward to the weather warming up just a little bit more for practice after work. I'm ready for some more driver practice and getting a finish like nerfny!

You're going to beat Dean? Works for me

You're going to beat Dean? Works for me
We could take points from ourselves and still have plenty to beat TeamNE

Bunkers are absolutely high on my list, followed by my tee game. When I don't have a two way miss, I'm in good shape for my second shot. My 1st round of the season out was rough, but have spent the last few weeks just working on grooving the moves/feels I got in my 1st lesson of the season.

I'm sure I'll slightly modify what needs work as we go along, but bunkers & tee are where it's at for me.

Bunkers are absolutely high on my list, followed by my tee game. When I don't have a two way miss, I'm in good shape for my second shot. My 1st round of the season out was rough, but have spent the last few weeks just working on grooving the moves/feels I got in my 1st lesson of the season.

I'm sure I'll slightly modify what needs work as we go along, but bunkers & tee are where it's at for me.

There is a good video of FK giving bunker tips on here i'll see if i can find the link somewhere.

There is a good video of FK giving bunker tips on here i'll see if i can find the link somewhere.

That'd be awesome.

It's not so much the technique most of the time, it's the actual time and place to practice. I'll usually play a par 3 near my office on lunch and just spend the whole time on the first 3 or 4 holes hitting various shots out of the sand, chipping & pitching around the greens, etc.

Just going to work on rythme and timing. When that is on, my game is pretty solid.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Now for a little smack talk. I have this reoccurring dream, it's the bad news bears, only instead of baseball it golf, Team Ny/ NJ has just won the RR, we are gathered around our captain, ddec, who is holding up the ? and some snot nosed kid from the second placed. Team. NE, looks over at us and says," hey yankees, shove that ? straight up you a$$"....sore losers...lol

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I want to attend this event just to watch these guys battle it out. So many awesome THP/golfers in this field. I know which way I'm leaning but want to see how games develop over the next 6 weeks.

I want to attend this event just to watch these guys battle it out. So many awesome THP/golfers in this field. I know which way I'm
leaning but want to see how games develop over the next 6 weeks.

I'm pretty excited to attend all of them. So great battles are going to take place.

Now for a little smack talk. I have this reoccurring dream, it's the bad news bears, only instead of baseball it golf, Team Ny/ NJ has just won the RR, we are gathered around our captain, ddec, who is holding up the and some snot nosed kid from the second placed. Team. NE, looks over at us and says," hey yankees, shove that straight up you a$$"....sore losers...lol

I'll play the "snot nosed kid" for a second here... "Cool story , pops. When do Peter Pan and Captain Hook come into this bedtime story of yours?" Lol

Now for a little smack talk. I have this reoccurring dream, it's the bad news bears, only instead of baseball it golf, Team Ny/ NJ has just won the RR, we are gathered around our captain, ddec, who is holding up the  and some snot nosed kid from the second placed. Team. NE, looks over at us and says," hey yankees, shove that  straight up you a$$"....sore losers...lol

Fixed it, for emphasis....

I'll play the "snot nosed kid" for a second here... "Cool story , pops. When do Peter Pan and Captain Hook come into this bedtime story of yours?" Lol
I'll be Peter Pan to your Captain Hook. And you'll be muttering this on the evening of June 25:

Oh, I hate being disappointed. And I hate living in this flawed body. And I hate living in Neverland. And I hate... I hate... I *hate* Peter Pan! --Captain Hook

I'll be Peter Pan to your Captain Hook. And you'll be muttering this on the evening of June 25:

Oh, I hate being disappointed. And I hate living in this flawed body. And I hate living in Neverland. And I hate... I hate... I *hate* Peter Pan! --Captain Hook

You know Captain hook was the good guy right?

Just trying to sail his ship and those darn kids kept messing with him and pushed him into that crocodile.

You know Captain hook was the good guy right?

Just trying to sail his ship and those darn kids kept messing with him and pushed him into that crocodile.

And that "Tinker Bell" ....wasn't such the little angel she appeared to be. That little #####

I will be working on the entire game once I can actually get outside consistently. Being indoors I just try to focus on ball striking with rthym and timing.

With the snow on the ground in eastern MA, sounds like folks are going to have at least a few days off. So, let's talk about prep once we get back

Team NE folks (and NY/NJ folks if you're up for it) - I asked you about this back before selections, but I know a number of you have gotten out since then. What part of your game are you planning on focusing on for prep in the near future? For me, it's general ball striking. My short game (which I believe is how I answered this a few months back) has been more consistent than it has in a while due to some changes in technique, but I'm not hitting my irons nearly as well as I'd like.

Still short game. Got my bag set up set though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back