THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

What has been your Favorite and Least favorite aspect of #THPRegionalRivalry thus far?

Favorite: Getting people involved in the thread and among the forum who have been around, but are new to posting. Also gatherings have a pretty cool vibe.

Least Favorite: The participation drop off post team selections, understandable, but wished it wasn't happening (From BOTH sides).

Favorite: Getting to know and play with Team MI members, and getting to "know" and interact with THP Ohio guys. Very happy for the guys selected from both sides, and know how much fun they will have, and how much better/more fun practice is when you have a real reason/purpose behind it. It has also re-kindled my interest in THP and got me stoked to try to join other events.

Least: Not getting to suit up and play for Team MI with friends against a worthy opponent. But I have thick skin and get over things quickly, and a lot of other golf events to prep for to keep my passion high.

Favorite would be the time weve had already and will have practicing for the event. We've done some Sim rounds and a outdoor round but can't wait for more. Also the sponsor sending out a tweet to us congratulating us

Least favorite would be the amount of time we have to wait for this event to kick off

Favorite: Talking **** to MI
Least: Not getting picked obviously, not going to sugar coat that one.

Favorite: Watching the excitement get everyone all carried away with the junk talking. We had some serious action here and it may never quite be the same since after the teams have been picked.

Least: Watching PinSlayer216 change to PKorf to try and mellow down and garner enough support to make the team and then not make it, lol.

Favorite: The banter and the love going on in this thread. Not to mention a great sponsor.

Least: Not being selected and then banished by a team Michigan.

I kid I kid.

What has been your Favorite and Least favorite aspect of #THPRegionalRivalry thus far?

Favorite: Getting people involved in the thread and among the forum who have been around, but are new to posting. Also gatherings have a pretty cool vibe.

Least Favorite: The participation drop off post team selections, understandable, but wished it wasn't happening (From BOTH sides).

My favorite part of the RR thread so far has been being selected to represent Michigan, and the trash talk.

My least favorite is the wait we have until the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite: Watching the teams come together and really grow already. From the sim rounds to forum banter to meeting up at the golf show. Has been a blast already.

Least Favorite: Would have to go with the dissapointment of those not selected.

Favorite: Getting the chance to compete along side some great THPers and meeting new THPers.
Least: The wait I am ready to go now.

Favorite: The banter has been fun
Least favorite: The sad but understandable fact this event can only have so many participants

Favorite: Getting the chance to compete along side some great THPers and meeting new THPers.
Least: The wait I am ready to go now.
I need to get my game in order so please be patient buddy

So how many first time official THP event attendees do we have for each side?

To my knowledge, Ohio has no first timers and Michigan has 3 from the random draw (solid5112, jspangs, and musicmaster6921) and 1 from the captains pick (Wyzuguy). I could be wrong on this though, but making up half of team Michigan is first-timers.

Not that this fact is a surprise based on Michigan's member status at the onset, but I wonder if it will have any effect on things? Will Michigan THPers be numb to the moment and come through with the ice in their veins? Or will the moment overcome them and the veteran-laden Ohio squad emerge on top?

Favorite: this thread truly got me involved more on THP more than anything else and made me branch out to other threads.

Least: not getting in and giving people the wrong impression of me in general

#teamOHIO

Favorite: Watching the excitement get everyone all carried away with the junk talking. We had some serious action here and it may never quite be the same since after the teams have been picked.

Least: Watching PinSlayer216 change to PKorf to try and mellow down and garner enough support to make the team and then not make it, lol.

False. I disapprove of this...

To my knowledge, Ohio has no first timers and Michigan has 3 from the random draw (solid5112, jspangs, and musicmaster6921) and 1 from the captains pick (Wyzuguy). I could be wrong on this though, but making up half of team Michigan is first-timers.

Not that this fact is a surprise based on Michigan's member status at the onset, but I wonder if it will have any effect on things? Will Michigan THPers be numb to the moment and come through with the ice in their veins? Or will the moment overcome them and the veteran-laden Ohio squad emerge on top?
I like the stuff at the very end

Time will tell. I feel good about the dynamic.. Veteran blood, fresh blood..perfect mix.. Not to speak for the 1st timers .. But we will do our best.. To be our best.. As a 1st timer & Captains pick I plan to prove that my pick was a valid & valuable one.. To play well, have fun & be a solid team member.. Bring Victory home to Michigan...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Time will tell. I feel good about the dynamic.. Veteran blood, fresh blood..perfect mix.. Not to speak for the 1st timers .. But we will do our best.. To be our best.. As a 1st timer & Captains pick I plan to prove that my pick was a valid & valuable one.. To play well, have fun & be a solid team member.. Bring Victory home to Michigan...

I'm always down to play a round or two if you need some practice

I'm always down to play a round or two if you need some practice

I appreciate that.. My regular guys will be sick of me by the time RR rolls on.. Tomorrow at dawn it begins..

I appreciate that.. My regular guys will be sick of me by the time RR rolls on.. Tomorrow at dawn it begins..

Musicmaster and I put in 2-5 rounds a week including our league, I know we are always down to hit a few..... Plus the new clubs need to be broken in ;)

Ok. I have a new question.
Time to brag on yourself!

What specifically do you bring to your team that you feel will help your team win?

Myself, I feel that once off the tee I play slightly better than my handicap. I also feel that my game travels well, and I will shoot my handicap.
I will make my share of mistakes (high handicap) but my share of nice shots as well.

Team Michigan win!

What specifically do you bring to your team that you feel will help your team win?

Myself, I feel that once off the tee I play slightly better than my handicap. I also feel that my game travels well, and I will shoot my handicap.
I will make my share of mistakes (high handicap) but my share of nice shots as well.

Team Michigan win!

Mine would have to be my tee ball. I rarely get in trouble anymore. Maybe once or twice a round.

You forgot to mention you are awesome to play with. Non stop laughs.

Team Michigan win!

Well if I had to brag on myself, I'd say I'm fun to play golf with, I always have music going, I'm normally always in play, and I've gotten very good at keeping the big numbers off the card. But that was last year, we will see what this season brings this week hopefully.

Team Michigan win!

I think for myself its the random ability top have a great hole and save a round at times. I'm not particularity great at ay aspect of the game, but I have times where I have great holes and that can help us quite a bit.

I can putt
I tend to keep the ball in front of me, staying out of too much danger
Ive won before as player and captain

Back