THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

with all the crap you guys took early on about not fielding a team, there was little doubt you actually wouldnt. Its cool to see it all start to come together as we get closer to sign ups
Very little doubt. We knew at the Michigan gathering in August we had 8 with a couple missing then. Seems like we have a pretty solid date aside from 1 on each side being unable, so that works out great. Hopefully the rest of the Michigan guys embrace the event, the sponsor, and what will turn out to be one heck of a trip if they're MVP.

Oh we are here, Some like myself just choose not to banter as much, as I prefer to focus on improving my game, and practicing consistency. So when we beat Ohio like the red headed step children they are we can smile even more. :alien:

Oh we are here, Some like myself just choose not to banter as much, as I prefer to focus on improving my game, and practicing consistency. So when we beat Ohio like the red headed step children they are we can smile even more. :alien:
nice! but that only gets you about 25% of the way to MVP. Forum activity is just as important as the game.

oh i forgot this :alien:

nice! but that only gets you about 25% of the way to MVP. Forum activity is just as important as the game.
Hence why Im trying to jump back into the thread and get back to being more active on the forum in general. lol :act-up:

Bumping this.

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.

Phils right, even without the #alienthingy

Bumping this.

Phils right, even without the #alienthingy

I'm trying! sheesh thought id only catch crap from Ohio not my fellow Michiganders! But I guess that's how I progress, constructive criticism!
and to make sure my tone is known ":alien:" lol

I'm used to competition myself...

And I take on all comers!

084013353ec4ccfa10eb11c94355eb9d.jpg

This ^^^^ makes me smile

Oh you're a pretty fun cart mate, we had some pretty good banter

I'm trying! sheesh thought id only catch crap from Ohio not my fellow Michiganders! But I guess that's how I progress, constructive criticism!
and to make sure my tone is known ":alien:" lol
its not catching crap. Its Tyler getting it and making sure the rest of the hopefuls do too

Application submitted. Looking forward hearing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its not catching crap. Its Tyler getting it and making sure the rest of the hopefuls do too

Absolutely. Just looking out for the team so they know that just showing up and playing, if their name is called will be great fun, but will not lead to the MVP.

I think the #1 rule is and always should be don't be a Richard too.

I think all sides can agree.

Except our captain.
He can't help it!
He's a Dick!

and the MVP prize is too grand to not be taken seriously

Was meant sarcastically and nothing more Phil. I am literally sitting at my keyboard laughing and smiling while going through this thread again!

I think the #1 rule is and always should be don't be a Richard too.

I think all sides can agree.

Except our captain.
He can't help it!
He's a Dick!

Sportsmanship makes up 25%

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.
Will MVP be announced at dinner still or will it need to be post event?

Will a captain or both get a vote?

Was meant sarcastically and nothing more Phil. I am literally sitting at my keyboard laughing and smiling while going through this thread again!
make sure you read the part where everyone started to take things too personal and then youll understand why its hard to find sarcasm

make sure you read the part where everyone started to take things too personal and then youll understand why its hard to find sarcasm
Just getting to those pages! Decided to not skim this time and sit and read every page every post. WOW.....

All right we had a good day today lets keep it going

"Definitely". Is my bet bro

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Bribes work for said vote?

Asking as a vested 3rd party

Back