Tiger is back! And now out

Looking forward to watching him though I’m not sure he’ll make the cut. In any case, it’s some good news the tour needed

Hope he makes it through the cut.
Isn't this one of the events without a cut? It's one of the Signature Events with a very limited field.

Isn't this one of the events without a cut? It's one of the Signature Events with a very limited field.

Last year it had a cut not sure if it changed for this year or not

The Genesis Invitational will be the third signature event of the 2024 PGA Tour season and is a player-hosted invitational. Each of the three player-hosted invitationals -- Genesis, Arnold Palmer and Memorial -- have a tournament host exemption and feature a 36-hole cut to the top 50 and ties as well as any player within 10 shots of the lead.

I don't know. Last years field was significantly larger having 130 players with a cut. This year they are expecting 70-80. I don't think these signature events have cuts.

The Genesis Invitational will be the third signature event of the 2024 PGA Tour season and is a player-hosted invitational. Each of the three player-hosted invitationals -- Genesis, Arnold Palmer and Memorial -- have a tournament host exemption and feature a 36-hole cut to the top 50 and ties as well as any player within 10 shots of the lead.
Thanks for posting that.

I think there is still a cut for this one. I could be wrong.

If I had a dollars for every “tiger is back” thread I have seen. 😂

You're right. @echico posted the answer.
yeah I saw that after I posted. Hopefully he makes the cut. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the big cat in action on my favor west coast tour stop.

I hope Tiger makes the cut. Tough task given the limited field and the signature event.

yeah I saw that after I posted. Hopefully he makes the cut. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the big cat in action on my favor west coast tour stop.
The 10th hole is one of my favorite holes the pros play every year. I could just watch them play that hole all day.

The 10th hole is one of my favorite holes the pros play every year. I could just watch them play that hole all day.
so funny how a short par 4 can yield some crazy scores.

Yes, I'll be tuning in for sure!

Welfare check on @MWard
Given his history at Riviera, my joy level isn’t that high. This course just doesn’t fit his eye or just flat out has his number.

Wondering if his game will improve any over what he's shown the last 3 years.....his stroke avg is 73 over 29 total rounds, breaking 70 only 5 times in those 29 rounds.

If I had a dollars for every “tiger is back” thread I have seen. 😂
Funny, before seeing this I was about to ask if there has ever been an athlete with more “he is back” announcements.

The Tour needs more good news as just posting that Tiger is back won't matter unless he makes the cut if there is one.

Excellent news

so funny how a short par 4 can yield some crazy scores.
With all the rain we have had, it is probably not going to bite back as much this year.

We are likely going to have 18 more dart boards for these guys to fire at here in SoCal.

I’m happy for those who will enjoy this, but for me TW in 2024 doesn’t do anything. The media attention he gets can be irritating, and because Phil is constantly being called washed up even though he finished 2nd in the Masters last year.. that makes me a bit salty.

But again, a lot of people go crazy to watch him and he’s admittedly always good for the game.

I would happily take half of his game right now. I'll be watching, just to see if some of the magic is still there.

Cannot wait to see how he does.

Seeing Tiger at journeyman level skills or a middle of the pack kind of guy does nothing for me and is not why I would tune in.

I'm afraid the only magic that we will see from him is when he disappears Saturday. This course isn't one of his favorites as he has some bad memories here plus its a tough walk

Back