Tiger is back! And now out

This is good.

Tiger is out due to illness. Dang.

Thread title change?

Tiger’s Back, ouch!

“Illness” that the thought of being over par makes him sick?

Tiger is out due to illness. Dang.
Austin Powers Laser GIF

Lol

Sun Day Red is Fee Ling ill.

@Jman

Its too bad Tiger drove so recklessly down that twisting turning road that fateful morning a few years ago. I enjoyed watching him chase Jack

I laughed way too hard when I saw this

IMG_8700.jpeg

I'm really over all the Tiger. I didn't actually expect him to finish or play well, the Sun Day Red announce was completely underwhelming, and when I get home and watch "highlights" of the day where 95% of it is about him withdrawing it's beyond tiresome. Can we take the focus off him already?

I want him to do well and be involved but when the entire day's story is about him not playing, I think it speaks volumes about the product.

Last edited:
I really keep wishing we would see that old Tiger who could step in the Delorean and be on top of the leaderboard. Alas, that is long over.

I think Tiger takes a little away from his greatness seeing him flop or withdraw every tournament now.

I would rather see him either be the voice of the PGA in the background or ride off into the sunset.

Some of the greatest just don’t know when it’s time to leave the game. Yet, I will still root for watching Tiger on top again.

I'm really over all the Tiger. I didn't actually expect him to finish or play well, the Sun Day Red announce was completely underwhelming, and when I get home and watch "highlights" of the day where 95% of it is about him withdrawing it's beyond tiresome. Can we take the focus off him already?

I want him to do well and be involved but when the entire day's story is about him not playing, I think it speaks volumes about the product.
I understand that he still moves the needle unlike any other and his withdrawal is the biggest story for many, but not for me.

It does speak volumes about the product.

Darn.

He was the main reason I was watching.

I will still watch, but it was more fun with Tiger in the field.

I feel for Tiger here - think he’s really pushing too hard to be back in the field. At this point I’d almost rather him take a long break and come back on the Champions tour

I feel for Tiger here - think he’s really pushing too hard to be back in the field. At this point I’d almost rather him take a long break and come back on the Champions tour

At least it wasn’t his back, just a flu thing supposedly. I think he’s trying to hold on to hard what was. Tiger is going to Tiger.

If he embraces the Champions Tour at 50 we’re going to be in for a treat.

Back spasms Thursday and flu-like symptoms yesterday are one thing, but does anyone else find it very peculiar that the reports this morning say he was highly dehydrated? As long and successful as his career has been, a lack of preparation is not exactly his hallmark. You can dehydrate more quickly by consuming alcohol, vomiting or having diarrhea, but I doubt that's a detail we would ever see in the media.

I have all the sympathy in the world for Tiger, facing his age and physical condition as he's forced to do, but dehydration just baffles me. I live in Miami, Florida, so with our heat and humidity, we are constantly reminded by doctors, and even just the person reporting the weather in the media, that we need to prepare effectively for outdoor activities. Maybe I'm so used to having it pounded into me that I'm taking something for granted.

Every tour event I've ever been to had a cooler with water on every tee, so any player could grab one if they needed it. I'm certainly not saying Tiger is making some excuse. I just find it so unlike him that he wouldn't be prepared.

Back