Tiger is back! And now out

Blake Shelton Nbc GIF by The Voice

Same. Tiger being out there is awesome.
Yep. Hope he's healthy enough to get around. And someone else better be driving him to the course this week.

Glad to see him healthy enough to play. Hoping to see him healthy enough to compete.

200.gif

Tiger doesn't do much for me. But the tour needs him to have a good week.

Looking forward to watching him this weekend.

73 is his avg score the past few years, he should set that as a goal to beat & try to make the cut. Finishing all 4 rounds would be a huge win honestly.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

73 is his avg score the past few years, he should set that as a goal to beat & try to make the cut. Finishing all 4 rounds would be a huge win honestly.

This. If he can shoot under par and actually finish that's a win all by itself. Am I excited? Meh. It's starting to feel like bringing back a 57 yo Troy Aikman to QB the Cowboys only to see him hobble around and throw 5 picks in a loss to the Panthers. If he can be competitive that's great but if not I'd just as soon remember him for what he was and move on.

Merged threads

It is great to see that Tiger is well enough to play, but it means coverage will be worse than usual. We'll probably see every shot he hits, no matter how good or bad he is playing, at the expense of getting to see other players. Not being a major, I doubt I'll be watching very much. 🙁

I would rather see the leaders rather than nonstop coverage of somebody wallowing 14 shots behind.
But how do you know that will happen?

Am I the only one who is in the "I don't care" camp? :unsure:

I've been playing this game since long before Tiger began his professional career. I've seen, and lived through, the impact he had, and it was incredible. I'm willing to bet Tiger's presence on tour is the reason a decent percentage of THP members started playing, and if Tiger was responsible for bringing most to this game chances are the person who introduced you to this game was influenced to play golf because of Tiger Woods.

Short ramble, but this is how I feel when I see so many say Tiger isn't moving the needle any longer, or him playing is "meh". He may never play to the level he once did but his presence in a PGA tournament will always move the needle.

With that said, I'm not even a TW fan, but I don't have to be a fan to appreciate him teeing it up in a PGA tournament.

But how do you know that will happen?
History.

If he makes the cut, all the cameras will be on him whether he's on top of the leaderboard or DFL.

Back