Tiger vs Phil on PPV

No way I pay to watch two of the wealthiest golfers in history play for an absurd amount of money. I have not read any of the press releases but if some of this money isn’t going to charity or to help somehow during the Thanksgiving season I’m going to lose respect for both of them. I think it’s an unnessary event and it’s going to turn people off.

Few athletes will get me to "shell out" money for PPV.

Conor McGregor. Tiger Woods.

And since it's pretty easy to get 5-6 golf friends to watch this, $10 is worth it to watch Tiger play golf.

I will not be purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice they are calling this The Match. That is also the name of a fabulous book by Mark Frost which depicts a famous match played at Cypress Point. The teams were Ben Hogan and Bryon Nelson versus Ken Venturi and Harvie Ward. I guarantee you if you read it you’ll enjoy the book more.

They picked a terrible weekend for me and my course to make an event of it... Assuming I will be up in CLE with wife's family who couldn't care less about golf.

Maybe I'll take the laptop and watch it on the NaughtyNet.

Either way, no chance I pay for it.

Not changing my plans but if I'm home and nothing else going on....

I'm in.

Absolutely will watch; it is on black Friday. While the girls are out shopping, i will be watching this with a leftover turkey and stuffing sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a little info from my host this morning. There will be a live audience but its still being determined as to how many. There won't be ropes so the live audience will be able to walk the fairways right behind the two. However, since there is limited parking on-site, limited facilities to accommodate a large crowd, he doesn't expect it to be any more people than when MJ use to put on his golf tournament there. So in other words, if you don't arrive in a limo provided by MGM, you ain't going.

Of course this all may change, but having played Shadow Creek multiple times, I don't see any way that they can accommodate more than a few hundred people on-site. I'm actually playing there less than 2 weeks before the big event and it's going to be business as usual that close to the big event, which tells me that they will not be setting up for a large crowd.

I may rally some buddies...good excuse to get together during the holidays for golf, beer and a few cigars.
Perhaps a little wagering as well.

:alien:

I'm probably out if its PPV. I'm sure I'll read a play by play here while its going on anyway. (Thanks guys!)

Easy pass here. Phil and Tiger were two that I made top priority to chase around Bellerive a couple weeks ago but this is just a contrived exhibition match. Be more interesting if they were putting up their own $ but IDK that might be illegal? Speaking only for myself, the truth is I probably wasn't going to watch any of it even if free. Our 3 girls, scattered across the country, are all traveling here for that holiday. A contrived golf reality show would be very low on my list of ways to spend those hours. I'll probably get to see it some other time and besides I expedct a rout in Tiger's favor.

Jabs back & fourth between Phil & Tiger on Twitter. Now that Phil has Twitter down

phil_vs_tiger.jpg

PPV element kills it for me unless friends and I gather and split it.

It has been announced that it will be on PPV, let's assume the cost is more than $30 and less than $60. Will you order it?

No interest in paying to watch two millionaires play for someone else's money.

If I do watch it, it will be at a bar that's showing it, or a situation where a group of friends pitch in a few bucks to order it (which if it's going on during the Husker game, there is no chance my friends and I would order it as we'll want to watch the football game).

There is no way I'd order it by myself, though.

Not likely; I'd rather play a round for $50 than sit and watch TV for $50.

Man their trash talking is terrible.

If they keep this up, I am out.
Yeah no way for me. I'll catch it on SportsCenter and Golf Channel reruns

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No way!!!

Maybe they should switch over to playing a game of ping pong.Then, I still wouldn't watch it on PPV.

Will I ****!!!!

#FiberLaunch

Back