Tiger Woods 2012 Video Game

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
Well Sorta... Tiger Woods 2012 game from EA Sports have added the Augusta National Course.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5987199

Golfers longing to play Augusta National will get their opportunity this spring -- through a EA Sports video game.

Officials at the storied Georgia golf course, home to the annual Masters Tournament, announced Tuesday that Augusta National is joining forces with EA Sports to be part of its 2012 installment of the Tiger Woods PGA Tour golf game franchise.

The game will go on sale March 29, just a few weeks before the 75th playing of the Masters, and allow participants to "play" the Augusta National course by "qualifying" for and attempting to win the Masters.

Augusta National chairman Billy Payne said that the Masters will be featured in the game as part of a bigger club initiative that will allow the tournament and the club to donate more money to charity.

Payne said the club has formed the Masters Tournament Foundation as a way of annually investing in development programs worldwide.

In recent years, the club has unveiled programs by which it gives back to the game through its Junior Pass Program (allowing those 16 and under into the tournament for free with a paid adult), televising the annual Par 3 Contest on ESPN, co-founding (along with the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews) the annual Asian Amateur Championship and giving a spot to the winner in the Masters, as well as annual contributions to the First Tee program and other golf organizations.

In the past 13 years, the Masters has donated more than $42 million to various charities, including those in and around Augusta, Ga.

"The establishment of the Masters Tournament Foundation is central to fulfilling our responsibility of supporting the game's continuous growth around the world," Payne said in a statement. "This tradition, shaped by our founders Bobby Jones and Clifford Roberts, is the cornerstone of the Foundation's important commitment."

The Masters will receive proceeds from the EA Sports game, and will direct 100 percent of that money to its newly formed foundation.

"Our desire to help grow the game of golf throughout the world is sincere, and it is that commitment that first led us to EA Sports more than three years ago," Payne said. "EA Sports, Tiger Woods and the PGA Tour have developed an extremely successful franchise that responds to one of the popular entertainment choices of kids today.

"We hope our inclusion will foster an appreciation for the history and traditions of the Masters and inspire the next generation of golfers. Equally important is its ability to help further the mission of the Masters Tournament Foundation with the entirety of its proceeds."

“ We hope our inclusion [in Tiger Woods '12] will foster an appreciation for the history and traditions of the Masters and inspire the next generation of golfers. Equally important is its ability to help further the mission of the Masters Tournament Foundation with the entirety of its proceeds.

-- Augusta National chairman Billy Payne

Saw an this on the EA Sports forums several weeks ago. Of course you have always been able to download the Augusta National for computer versions of the game.

I'm excited to see this course added to the next installation of the game. I didn't know if it would ever happen, but thought it would be a great addition. I've really enjoyed playing Whistling Straits.

Never knew the course had been available to older computer versions. I've just been playing PS version.

Cool feature, only a few more months to wait... this is by far my favorite game and the one that gets played the most when I have some buddies over

I'm excited to see this course added to the next installation of the game. I didn't know if it would ever happen, but thought it would be a great addition. I've really enjoyed playing Whistling Straits.

Never knew the course had been available to older computer versions. I've just been playing PS version.

It wasn't officially available but there are websites that offer downloads of courses that are not offered in the game. But as I said I think that was only possible for the computer versions. It took a little filing system manipulation to get the courses to function but most of those websites offered step by step instructions.

Sweet, guess I'll have to buy 2012!

This should be a fun addition, some of the user created versions have been good but I imagine the full treatment should be a step above.

I pulled this image from twitter.
4c65b609-4d48-7143.jpg

I just played an indoor simulator a couple of weeks ago that had Augusta on it, it was very cool. I'll definitely be making the jump from TW2010 to TW2012.

well damn, now I will have to get it

Looks sweet! Also making the jump from '10 to '12.

I wonder if Jim Nantz will be one of the commentators. I like Van Pelt & can deal with Tilghman, but their commentary is very repetitive and boring in the games I have. Be nice to get some new blood or at least some new material.

they will sell a lot of copies of 2012 with this feature; good move by EA offsetting Tiger's rep repair.

Play Augusta National

Play Augusta National

For those of you that have wanted to play Augusta National here is your chance. The only downside is, you will be doing it from your house. EA Sports and Augusta National announced today that the famous course will be part of the Tiger Woods 2012 video game.
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5987199

What are your thoughts on this? Would you buy this game because Augusta National will be in the course listings? My thought is YES! I do not have Tiger Woods 11, but now I don't think I will purchase it. I will probably hold off for the next version with Augusta in it.

He is.
I wonder if Jim Nantz will be one of the commentators. I like Van Pelt & can deal with Tilghman, but their commentary is very repetitive and boring in the games I have. Be nice to get some new blood or at least some new material.

did not see the other thread. Please delete or merge

Awesome!! I'll definitely be getting TW12 now! That's a welcome addition!!

I can't wait for this. I liked the courses that were in Tiger Woods 10. Augusta will be awesome to play.

I can't wait for this. I liked the courses that were in Tiger Woods 10. Augusta will be awesome to play.
Whistling Straits is a great one they added in TW2011. I'm sure it will be available in 2012.

Whistling Straits is a great one they added in TW2011. I'm sure it will be available in 2012.

You think they'll keep that ryder cup format? I know that was one of their big sells for '11.

They have royal melbourne, TPC san antonio, atlanta athletic. ZJ and fowler, bubba and DJ all appear to be in the game.

Back